• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
November 21, 2019, 01:13:26 am

Where is your hypocrisy?

Started by Pete, October 13, 2008, 09:23:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete

I've got a tough question for you that God recently asked me;  "Where is your hypocrisy?"

For me, it was in how I responded to people concerning His Love.  I would tell people that they shouldn't try to force the Truth on people, instead allowing the Holy Spirit to guide them to the Truth, and then I would turn around and try to force Love on someone, and not even realize I was doing it.

That's just one area that God has been dealing with me about.

But I must warn you, don't ask God where your hypocrisy lies unless you really want Him to show you. 
"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

GiantSlayer23

I know where mine lies.  It's with my kids.  I know that my Heavenly Father has so much patience for me and the ways that I behave, yet I have little patience for the way my kids behave.  I am very quick to get upset with my kids when they whine about having to do something they don't want to do.  Yet, how often do I whine about things that God wants me to do for Him.  I really need to work in this area, God has to really work inside of me, to help me to change. 
May His Grace surround you and His Love keep you!

Alpine

Quote from: Pete on October 13, 2008, 09:23:57 pm

But I must warn you, don't ask God where your hypocrisy lies unless you really want Him to show you. 

There should be a warning whenever you invite God to make you more like Him, however He wants to do it. That's one of those prayers He LOVES to answer!
As long as the Steelers themes smileys exist so shall my protest last!

leadworship

My Pastor's spiritual father has a saying, "A living sacrifice will crawl off of a hot altar."