• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Pies, Cakes, Sweets, Cellulite and what have you...

Started by Hisgirl, August 14, 2007, 10:44:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

flaglady

Well, wouldn't actually have just kidney but STEAK and kidney pie is a good old Brit favourite. The two flavours complement each other gloriously! Can come with either a flaky or shortcrust pastry but my fav is the shortcrust. Yum yum!! Or there is steak and kidney pudding which is cooked in a steamer or a saucepan of water and has a suet crust.

recipe for S&K pie                 recipe for S&K pudding

Sarah

I'm not sure I'll ever have the occasion to eat that, so I'll take your word for it.  Thanks for the info, my questions have been answered.
Embraced by the loving arms of the Father....

flaglady

Quote from: Sarah on August 19, 2007, 06:58:46 pm
I'm not sure I'll ever have the occasion to eat that, so I'll take your word for it.  Thanks for the info, my questions have been answered.

Oh, go on! Be adventurous.

geetrue

I posted my first post in the wrong place ... lol

I was looking for the bar ...

Is this the bar area?

When does happy hour start?

I sure would like to get happy.

I'm on a diet do ya'll have just
the center of the cinamon rolls
with extra icing, please?

Pete

I'm thinking if you're on a diet, cinnamon roll centers are your worst enemy...

"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

Sarah

Quote from: MissConStru on August 20, 2007, 07:26:13 pm
Quote from: Sarah on August 19, 2007, 06:58:46 pm

Oh, go on! Be adventurous.

Yeah, No.  I don't even think of liver and kidneys as a menu item.  Not to say that you can't "eat you heart out"  and enjoy your pie.  Not my cup of tea.

Hisgirl

Cinnamon roll middles!!!     YUM!!

The cream cheese frosting is amazing...all gooey!!!
"It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."  My Mama

Sarah

Quote from: Hisgirl on August 21, 2007, 08:47:28 am
Cinnamon roll middles!!!     YUM!!

The cream cheese frosting is amazing...all gooey!!!

Hmmmm.  Why just the middles?  Don't you get double the pleasure if you eat the whole thing?  I like the regular icing if you get the ones in the tube.  It's splendiferous!  Next time I'm on a binge I will make them by doing that cool roll up thing.  I could really go for some monkey bread!  all that sticky goo and cinnamony goodness!  Aye yay yay....