• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Dogs Drool and Cats Rule....Or is it Cats Drool?

Started by Hisgirl, August 14, 2007, 07:03:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hisgirl

I have two cats and three dogs.  The other day my husband said he thinks he picked up on the kitty's thoughts.  He was petting her, as the dogs outside were whining to be let in.  He said, "Dark Kitty...I'll bet if it were up to you, the dogs would never come inside."  He said instantly, in his mind, he heard, "If it were up to me, I wouldn't let YOU inside."   :D

Here's a pic of one of my kitties. (we'll see just how simple/complex the picture posting buttons are!

"It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."  My Mama

Pete

Dogs are better.   :P

How'd the image posting go?
"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

Hisgirl

Easy as Pie!   Oooh!  There's my next thread topic!!   :D
"It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."  My Mama

flaglady

flaglady

With reference to the thread title, here's something to amuse ya!

Sarah

That's one weird lookin' cat if you ask me. I love my dogs, never go back to cats again.
Embraced by the loving arms of the Father....

flaglady

Hisgirl

A rooster?

A weird looking cat?

:'(

Here's my other kitty.  Her name's Dark Kitty and she eats nails for breakfast.

flaglady

As in finger nails (claws) I trust!!

Lovely cats you got there.

Sarah

That is a beautiful tortoise shell calico.  I do like cats but when other people own them.

Hisgirl

These are my first cats.  I was always a-feared of kitties and was certain they would try to suck the breath out of me while I calmly slept.  Didn't help when I would awake to two kitties standing on my chest staring intently at my jugular vein.  Their ears looked like four little witch hats.   :o

However, now they play fetch, come when called, and adore me.  Mama says if our sizes were switched they'd eat me, but that's beside the point.   ;D

Sarah

My parents have my calico @ their house.  I wasn't allowed to take her when I got married.  She slept on my head, or as close as she could get, until I left home.  She's getting older now and I think they're going to have to put her down soon.  I'm sad.  I will have your kitty pics to look @ so it will be cool. 

flaglady

Whatcha mean "wasn't allowed to take her"?!!! was that an edict from that superlatively authoritarian husband of yours?

(just kiddin' Pete - sir!!)

flaglady

BTW these are my two. And the white cat is a normal sized cat!!

Sarah

My mom wouldn't let me have her.  I really wanted to take her but it was a no go.  Pete and i have had 7 cats since we were married and no we have none.  They weren't from good seed, they were very harmful to our home.  I'm sure you can fill in the blanks.  Your cats are beatutiful.  The white/orange one a male and the white one a female? 

flaglady

Consider blanks filled! One thing with any animals, you have to be prepared to takt the **** that comes with them!

No, they're both toms (or used to be toms!)

The white one I got from a rescue home and he is a PAT cat, goes to visit old folks in the local folks home. (Pets as Therapy)

The ginger tom was a local stray and insinuated himself into my home - and they call them 'dumb' animals! He weighs 14lbs and is the sweetest natured cat I ever knew. But sadly, despite what it looks like, they really don't get on too well, though things are improving bit by bit. But then, it's only been 4 years!

Sarah

Well my Bruce cat passed away on Sunday.  She was asleep.  My parents are burying her in the back yard.  She lived a good life.

Your toms are beautiful.  Feel free to post more pics of them.  It's cool that he goes visiting.  What does PAT mean? 

I had an all white cat when I was a teenager.  He was the sweetest ever.

flaglady

Oh, so sorry to hear about your Bruce. Sad!

PAT stands for Pets As Therapy meaning they go round residential homes, hospices and even hospitals to give the patients/residents some enrichment. Mostly it's dog that do it but though there are around 3,550 PAT dogs in the UK, there are only about 90 PAT cats!! They also ahve rabbits and cockateels, all sorts. All the animals have to be vetted by a vet and tested for compatability by a trained animal behavourist to make sure the animal is suitable. My Oscar passed with flying colours! TomTom wouldn't. He has panic attacks when I even take him to the vet for a check-up, bless him! I think he was terrily abused before he came to me as it took me ages to win his trust and for a long time, that was terribly fragile.

Here's another of him when I think he was actually asking me for his dinner! It's tiny because for a long time I used this pic as my avatar