• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Pies, Cakes, Sweets, Cellulite and what have you...

Started by Hisgirl, August 14, 2007, 10:44:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hisgirl

I just made homemade cinnamon rolls!!    ;D 

The recipe is SO easy because you start with frozen bread dough and just let it thaw.  Then you roll it out to a 9 by 12 rectangle....brush it with 2 Tablespoons of melted butter....then sprinkle with 1/2 cup dark brown sugar mixed with 1/4 cup sugar, 1-2 teaspoons cinnamon and 1/2 cup of chopped pecans.  Roll up like a jelly roll and cut into about 12-16 pieces.  Put in a buttered pan, let rise about one hour then bake at 325 degrees for about 25 minutes.  Let cool just a little then top with a cream cheese frosting.   Mmmm Mmmm...... ;D

So what can you share that will add to my girlish figure's proportions?   :D
"It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."  My Mama

rp

I picked the wrong post to read first after newly registering...

Uh, pray for me... while I am fasting...

LOL!

flaglady

Mind if I pass - just seen a video of myself flag worshiping.

Hisgirl

LOL!!!!   Oops!  Sorry!    :)

(munch, munch, chew, mmm mmm, munch)
"It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."  My Mama

flaglady

You do realise you've just condemned yourself to a weekend of salad and tomato juice come fall? 

Sarah

I will really have to try that soon.  I'm into simple and tasty.  I signed up for Kraft Foods magazine, which is free, and it has some quick tasty recipes in it.  They also send e-mails once a weeks with more recipes.  I am very pleased so far.

That smiley is just awesomely hilarious.  It's a definite keeper.

Tomatoes weren't meant to be drank, super yuck!  V8, nasty!   Salad on the other hand can be an everyday thing.
Embraced by the loving arms of the Father....

Pete

Well looky here, it's Mrs. probinson!

Hi honey..  ;D
"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

Sarah

Hello.  Making the most of your afternoon @ work I see.  LOL!   Now I can talk to all your friends too!  Yeah!

flaglady

This always kills me - like we need more ways to communicate!!

Sarah

Virtual togetherness is the next best thing.   

I made 2 oreo and ice cream sandwich cakes today and I can't wait to try them later!  They're made w/ mint oreos too!

Hisgirl

oooOh!  That sounds good!  How do you make it?   

I make an ice cream sandwich cake by lining a pan with unwrapped ice cream sandwiches.  Then you pour about 1/2 cup of kahlua over the sandwiches.  Top with cool whip, then chocolate syrup that hardens, then crushed heath bars.  Freeze.  Yum!!

Sarah

August 15, 2007, 04:06:20 pm #11 Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 11:11:23 pm by Sarah
It's kinda like that.  It was a recipe from my Kraft magazine.  1/2 C. hot fudge, 1 tub Coolwhip, 1 box ice cream sandwiches, 8 Oreos, 1 small pkg. chocolate pudding.  Mix hot fudge(warmed), 1 C. coolwhip, and pudding together and add oreos(crumbled).  place 4 sandwiches on foil and top w/ 1/2 mixture, do another layer & mixture, top w/ rest of sandwiches, and ice w/ leftover coolwhip. wrap loosely with foil.  freeze 4 hours and eat.  yummy!

flaglady

It's SINFUL, that's what it is! Especially as I can't get any!

Pete

It was rather tasty, though a bit TOO chocolaty for my taste.
"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

Hisgirl

:o

Did I hear someone say 'A bit TOO chocolatey'?

*cups hand to ear*

I think not. 

Okay. 

Carry on. 

Sarah

I have to agree that there was way too much chocolate in it.  I am thinking of ways to modify the recipe so there isn't as much.   I guess I'll have to experiment.  What a shame that will be.   

MissConStru you could always make on and invite your friend over after you do your flags? 

flaglady

Sounds like a plan there.!!

My favourite quote is from Star Trak TGN "I never met a chocolate I dodn't like".

Sarah

Give me mint, butterscotch, or caramel any day.  Those are my passions.

flaglady

Sarah

So I have always wondered this but have never known anyone I could ask.  I am just curious.  Is kidney pie good?  Do they serve it anymore?  I think I've seen too much Agatha Christie/Inspector Linlyee.