• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
November 21, 2019, 09:07:52 am

Why did He do what He did?

Started by Sarah, October 02, 2008, 11:16:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah

As we are discussing what Jesus did I want to know why He did it.  It took some strong motivation to do all the things He did.  Thoughts?
Embraced by the loving arms of the Father....

Pete

The simplest explanation is obviously, because of His Love for us.  He Loved us while we were yet sinners.

Think about it.  Everything Jesus did was motivated by His pure and unadulterated Love for us.  He had no other motives, no agendas, no other purpose, but because He loves us.

That's pretty awesome!
"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

lovesblessing

It was because He loved us and also to show us the truth about Father God. 

Jesus is the exact representation of God........He is the Father's heart.....when we see Jesus, we see the Father!

Faith is having a good opinion of God!

flaglady

Most parents will do extraordinary and inexplicable things to protect, rescue and enable their children. If we, in our mortal, sinful lives will do that, what wouldn't God do?

j4gong

He did it because of love, but I think he did it also because he knew what heaven was like and wanted everybody to be able to enjoy all of the pure things in heaven, and we couldn't unless all sins were atoned for.
Our Father who is in Heaven, holy is your name. Your kingdom come Your will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven! Thank you God for all the wonderful blessings in my life.

GiantSlayer23

Quote from: j4gong on October 03, 2008, 08:29:31 am
He did it because of love, but I think he did it also because he knew what heaven was like and wanted everybody to be able to enjoy all of the pure things in heaven, and we couldn't unless all sins were atoned for.

That's a perfect way to put it.  All the people He touched, all the healings were done out of His pure love for us.
May His Grace surround you and His Love keep you!

SpiritPsalmist

Quote from: Sarah on October 02, 2008, 11:16:20 pm
As we are discussing what Jesus did I want to know why He did it.  It took some strong motivation to do all the things He did.  Thoughts?

He conquered death, hell, and the grave.  I think He wanted to show us how to do it to.    Before He did what He did we were committed to sinning.  Now we are free from that sin commitment and are now free to do what is right instead of what is evil.  Sin no longer reigns in us.