• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
October 21, 2019, 11:49:29 am

So Really God?

Started by 8 iron, October 05, 2008, 05:40:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

8 iron

As many of you know I've been divorced for 2 1/2 years. In April I met someone who I felt instantly connected with. Now, I've dated around and this is the 1st person I connected with on a spiritual level.

So things happened fast, things rolled along great and we decided we were meant to be together. Naturally, we also agreed to wait one year before we took the next step. However, we were in agreement that were to be together.

So last 2 weeks ago, I started getting, well, you know! Finally, it came out that she is having second thoughts, scared, not sure, who knows? So, I decided to take a 2 week break from talking or seeing each other so she could 'get her thoughts together'.

Now, we didn't make it 2 weeks. She contacted me. However, I have a feeling and have had it confirmed she battles with anxiety. So I mentioned she needs ministry and healing. As you can imagine that didn't go well. However, later she said, maybe I was right.

Regardless, this has been a struggle for 2 weeks. So I'm listening to this song, 'Surrender' by Vineyard. During the song, the Lord says, "Give yourself to Me". He was asking me to put away all things, my relationship with this woman, my job, my life and all that is in it an put Him first.

I struggled with the Lord because I wanted to fight through this and win this woman. However, He kept at me and said, Brad give yourself to Me. Nothing else on earth matters until you get to this place I want for you.

Jesus said, Love me more than you love this woman, love Me more than you love your kids, more than you love anything in your life. After it finally sunk into my spirit I said, YES.

Jesus said, I need you to love Me. It was as, the song says a 'Surrender'. I was weeping of course as I felt I was losing this relationship with this woman, because it appeared to be the kind of relationship I've always wanted.

However, amongst the weeping I began to laughing uncontrollable and a huge amount of peace came over me. Since then, I haven't felt a lot of heartache, feeling depressed, anxiety or loneliness.

It was probably the 2nd most powerful experience I've ever had with Lord.

Sarah

What an awesome breakthrough.  Praying for the great things in store!
Embraced by the loving arms of the Father....

flaglady

Amazing. Hope it works out for you, Brad.