• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Where does this teaching come from?

Started by Tina, October 02, 2008, 01:15:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete

Quote from: edin on October 03, 2008, 10:56:49 pm
hi pete, with all respect, i know she asked to be deleted, but this entire thread has spun out of control over the topic of someone being allowed to bring evil and witchcraft into a group of believers and that the person has stirred up and is not dealt with. and that person is being divisive. that spirt of her actions is now in this thread. i cant even guess if tina would want to come back. but i ask you to unlock her account and let grace flow here.

edin,

Tina's account has been locked at her request.  It was not my call, I left it up to her, asked her twice, and waited 24 hours before taking any action.  If Tina desires to come back, then she may do so by letting me know, but what she may not do is continue to publicly speak condemnation and judgment against me, this forum, or any of the members here.
"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

edin

hi, i corrected some of my post. when i am tired my typing becomes worse than ever. so sorry if i am not clear.

Pete

Quote from: edin on October 03, 2008, 10:41:40 pm
hi pete, thanks for writing. i think most of us agree with what you are saying, but i think also there is another point here that maybe is not being clearly explained?

if you had teens and they invited a friend over who was not a beliver, and the kids are acting out, and the guest is cussing, saying that they love the devil, have sex with him, etc., i believe you would remain loving to the kid. but you would pray, seek how to address and then boldly go forward and deal with it.

now i know God can give diff ways to deal with it, but He would never want us to tolerate the sin, the evil, the demonic influence and the enticement of that evil to go on in our homes nor would He tell us to just love the kid and turn our backs to sin having regin in our home and in our child's life.

The point everyone seems to be missing here is one of an understanding of authority.  Romans tells us that there is no authority established that has not been established by God, and that when we rebel against that authority, we bring judgment on ourselves.  That's imperative to remember before we go any further...

In your example, you are talking about a teenager, my child, who God has placed under my authority in my home, which is also under my authority.  Therefore, it is my responsibility and within my realm of authority to do something about it.  If some teenager tries to hold a séance in my home, you can bet your hiney that they will be shown the door.  But if my teenager wants to invite that person over for dinner, then it is imperative that we do our best to show the pure, unadulterated Love to that troubled child.

Now, let's talk about what is happening at CF.  Let's go back to the beginning. First let's realize it's happening at CF.  For years, the established authority at CF has welcomed and even embraced this behavior.  Let's also remember that I am not in authority at CF.  It is therefore not within my realm of authority to do anything about it.

Let's use your example again.  When that troubled teenager is in my home, I can, and should, do something about it when they are trying to usher in evil.  When that teenager is next door at the neighbor's house, it is no longer within my realm of authority to do anything about it.  The only thing I can do is keep myself, my spouse, and my children, who are all under my authority, away from that situation.  Incidentally, that is what I have chosen to do with CF, and is one of the reasons I no longer post there.

I think a lot of times, we try to exercise authority where we have none, which in essence, is a rebellion to the established authority, which in turn brings judgment upon ourselves.

edin

hi pete. tks for writing. i used the example of kids because it is clear. i recognize what you are saying re authority, and adults. also, just so you know, i am not judging re your time on the CF board. i also recognize you were not in charge. it comes down to where there is evil, if one is not in the position to stop it then one must consider bowing out to walk away from a sinful situation. i used to go to that board, mostly read, and posted little. and based on what was there, i knew i had to leave.

perhaps some may be talking re you in this thread, or just the other board or the poster. i was talking generally re the body and that there is a place for boldness, speaking truth, setting boundaries, and that is part of the gospel message also, not just loving on people.

anyway, God's blessings to you.

Pete

Quote from: edin on October 04, 2008, 12:11:58 am
hi pete. tks for writing. i used the example of kids because it is clear. i recognize what you are saying re authority, and adults. also, just so you know, i am not judging re your time on the CF board. i also recognize you were not in charge. it comes down to where there is evil, if one is not in the position to stop it then one must consider bowing out to walk away from a sinful situation. i used to go to that board, mostly read, and posted little. and based on what was there, i knew i had to leave.

perhaps some may be talking re you in this thread, or just the other board or the poster. i was talking generally re the body and that there is a place for boldness, speaking truth, setting boundaries, and that is part of the gospel message also, not just loving on people.

anyway, God's blessings to you.

I agree with what you're saying with one minor modification.  We should speak the Truth boldly, WHILE walking in Love, ALWAYS.

I think what we need to learn to do better is present Truth boldly, without being offensive.  By that what I mean is, we are instructed in scripture to season our words.  Like I said earlier, the Truth can be offensive enough on its own without us helping it along.  And then we need to realize that it is not our responsibility to make people accept the Truth.

When we look at Jesus, He never stood around and debated the Truth with people.  He went to a town, presented the Truth, and moved on to the next town.  It was then up to each person that heard the words of Jesus whether they would heed them or not.  Jesus never tried to force-feed people the Truth.  He presented the Truth boldly in Love, and if they rejected that Truth, He didn't stand around and brow-beat them with scripture until they conceded.  He continued on in what God called Him to do.

You are correct when you say we must be bold in proclaiming the Gospel, but in doing so, we must also walk in Love.

edin

hi pete, yes i know. it is a "given" for boldness to be done while still walking in love. and yes, Jesus taught, spoke boldly and did not argue. those are givens i did not mention but i hold as truth and as His way.

God bless.

churchlady

Pete, I think maybe people on this board have the wrong idea of how you would actually handle the 'Moriah' situation if you were still on staff at CF. 

Not that you would have full power, but what would you have recommended be done, in regards to the subject matter of Alpine's staff thread?
De Oppresso Liber

Pete

When I was on staff at CF, I always recommended that action be taken just as I've done here, swiftly and without compromise.

I would have recommended what I always did when I was on staff (as Jo can verify for you);  That we show Love and grace to all members equally and without bias, but also that when someone is habitually disregarding or rebelling against the authority of the staff, that they are dealt with quickly.

One of the last things I did on staff was try to propose a system of discipline where grace, mercy and discipline could co-exist, founded upon Love.

My proposal was this.  First offense, you get a warning.  Second offense, you get a warning.  Third and subsequent offenses, you get a 1-month ban.

So basically, this would have allowed for discipline and control, while still leaving it up to each individual member whether or not they wanted to be a member of the community by their actions.  At most, this would require the staff to issue a ban once every 30 days, but it still left the door open for people to change.

A "perma-ban" was something I was never in favor of (except in extreme cases, like trolling or posting inappropriate images, etc.) because when I think of a perma-ban, we are essentially saying, we've given up on you.  When I look at Jesus hanging on the cross, I realize that He never gave up on us while WE were yet sinners, and that is why I was not comfortable giving up on anyone.

These are some of the reasons I left staff at CF, and started this forum.  You've seen now how I've handled 2 different situations that have come up in this forum.  If I were in a position of authority at CF, the situation would have been handled in exactly the same way.

David

I don't know the history on this because I am new.   But I was struck by the title and had to read.

My belief is God never puts sickness on us.  He is good and He teaches us with His word, not through disease.

I am sorry that the person who started this was so beat up.  Obviously her heart is in the right place.

Dave
God is good, all the time!

charityagape

She's not the only one with a heart in the right place.

David

Quote from: charityagape on October 10, 2008, 09:19:08 am
She's not the only one with a heart in the right place.

I only said that when I read the opening post her heart sounded right.  I did not say no one else's did.

Dave
God is good, all the time!