February 26, 2021, 01:46:42 pm

Time for a new format?

Started by DavidMcClean, February 15, 2021, 04:29:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidMcClean

February 15, 2021, 04:29:14 pm Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 04:47:12 pm by DavidMcClean
Hey Pete have you considered a new format for HGO? An alternative to attract people instead of a forum? E.G. Discord or another free platform?

Pete

Hey Dave,

Good question. To be frank, I have not considered any other alternatives. This forum is pretty low maintenance for me, and I don't have the drive or motivation to try something new at the moment. With my family and work and church it doesn't leave me a lot of free time for in-depth discussions. I'm not even convinced a platform change would make that much of a difference in participation levels. I'm sure you realize that it's not as simple as just creating something on Discord. Time has to be spent on growing and developing any community, no matter where it lives or what format it takes.

It's true that forums are not nearly as popular as they once were, but there are still plenty of thriving forums. So I don't think our issue is so much that HGO is a forum as it is that I've just never really invested the time or energy in attracting people. HGO began organically, and even from the very beginning, I've never done anything to encourage (or discourage) people from participating here.

I'll keep HGO running in its current form for the foreseeable future. The cost of operation is extremely minimal to provide this ad-free, totally independent platform for discussion. Whether there are 2 people here or 200, I'll keep things going until I hear God tell me otherwise.

O0
"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

DavidMcClean

Hi Pete,

Wasn't a criticism at all - one of the things I have appreciated was the ability to post about *anything* at all (unless it's been downright horrible).

Even then I have been able to come back and redress my posts and get acceptance.

This has not been the case on other forums - even asking certain questions has gotten a warning - I am sure you know those forums (dreadful places to be honest).

Some of the most hateful places I have EVER posted where on "certain Christian Forums" - I have to be honest I still maintain contact with hard core luciferians on other platforms and in general they have shown more love and tolerance than "those other forums"

It was just a thought that if it was a considerable expense would it be an idea to think about an alternative platform,

Cheers

Dave

Pete

Hey Dave,

No worries. I didn't take what you said as a criticism. I just wanted to share with you where my heart is concerning this forum. It may be extremely slow, but I believe it still serves a purpose, no matter how small or insignificant it may seem to me or others. I just don't feel any leading or desire to change anything at this time.

O0
"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."