February 26, 2021, 01:47:34 pm

Hi guys

Started by DavidMcClean, January 29, 2021, 01:34:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidMcClean

Hi guys,

I just want to try and say something remotely sensible for once.

A number of you have endured my posts for over ten years. Sometimes they may have been fairly sensible, most of the times they have been hateful, drunken, abusive and downright deceptive. I realise they have come out of hatred, a bad heart and have not been worth reading.

Without going into too much detail I am thankful that I can still post here.

I would like to sincerely apologise. For the last couple of months I've done a LOT of soul searching and have been on my knees a lot. I have realised that despite first becoming born again I've missed a couple of vital points - 

(1) Salvation is not being sorry for sin, it's repenting i.e. not getting to do it again
(2) God is sovereign - something I never heard in 30 years of the charismatic teaching

Part of me even questions was I really born again. I think I was and when I got saved at 20 I grew quickly in a "traditional" church then got swept into extreme charismatic fellowships - that was when I lost out I think.

If you read this and are "charismatic" then don't take offence - I can still "speak in tongues" but I no longer believe in this second blessing - I'm undergoing a seismic shift in my own personal journey and choose not to go down this route any more.

Anyways what I wanted to say was a sincere apology to those on this forum, in particular Pete, Jiminpa and Bryan.

I don't expect a whole rush of acceptance - if I was in your shoes I'd be saying "Yea heard it all before - let's see if it's real this time or translates into actions over the next long time". That's fine - I understand that.

But please accept my sincere apology - it is heartfelt and comes out of a desire at 52 years of age to do the right thing and live a life that is truly "born again".

Dave

Pete

Hi Dave,

It should be obvious by now that I tend to err on the side of grace. Heck, the name of this place is His GRACE Oasis. ;) And it's not just a name. It's a choice. It's a way of life.

Grace is unmerited and undeserved. We all receive that kind of reckless grace from our heavenly Father, and I firmly believe He expects us to reciprocate that grace to others. So regardless of what transpired in the past, I forgive you. And even if you do fall again, grace will be there waiting to pick you up and give you another chance.

O0
"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

DavidMcClean

Quote from: Pete on January 29, 2021, 03:27:29 pmHi Dave,

It should be obvious by now that I tend to err on the side of grace. Heck, the name of this place is His GRACE Oasis. ;) And it's not just a name. It's a choice. It's a way of life.

Grace is unmerited and undeserved. We all receive that kind of reckless grace from our heavenly Father, and I firmly believe He expects us to reciprocate that grace to others. So regardless of what transpired in the past, I forgive you. And even if you do fall again, grace will be there waiting to pick you up and give you another chance.

O0

Thanks very much! I really appreciate your reply - I have questioned in the past what is the point of having a forum with only 2-3 people posting regularly.....then I get a reply like this when I'm banned from most of the other "Christian" forums on the internet and it makes sense.

Many thanks - Dave

Bryan

I hold no ill feelings towards you Dave.  None at all.  We have had spirited discussions and disagreements, but that's ok.  I think at the root of it all we each had the best of intentions whether discussing music or religion or just life.  Im too lazy to hold a grudge anyway.  Nah seriously, you are a good man in my book and I have no hard feelings towards you.
All glory to him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by shedding his blood for us.  He has made us a Kingdom of priests for God his Father. All glory and power to him forever and ever! Amen.

jiminpa

Hi Dave. I'm glad to hear that you are making peace with God and yourself. It's better for you that way. I apologize for any of my posts that lacked love.
I used to worry and stress and strive to "do my part," never believing that I had done enough of "my part."  Now I see my part as casting it off on Him, doing what I believe He is giving me, and letting it just be His problem.  I don't have to fix everything, but I get to work along side of God.