August 14, 2020, 10:39:20 pm

What's really disappointing

Started by JakeELee, July 24, 2020, 06:24:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JakeELee

July 24, 2020, 06:24:21 pm Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 12:29:43 am by Pete Reason: Removing personal insults and attacks
Hi folks,

I won't likely post here because from the genuine questions I believe I have asked, the replies are really disappointing at a basic level.

There is no attempt at logical reasoning, or an attempt to address points. It seems to boil down to either direct questions about the Christian faith are taken personally and ignored or else given some one liner smart mouth response as if that is a genuine reply

[EDITED{

I honestly did come here to ask you why Christians had reasons to believe, but sadly I believe my time has been wasted.

[EDITED]

So I wish you all the best in what you believe.

[EDITED]

(PS - do you always think that seekers will come quietly, and friendly and on your terms?

[EDITED]

Thanks, and all the best.

Bryan

Luckily for me God doesnt care about my IQ or my lack of recognition.  Farewell
All glory to him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by shedding his blood for us.  He has made us a Kingdom of priests for God his Father. All glory and power to him forever and ever! Amen.

JakeELee

July 24, 2020, 08:22:03 pm #2 Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 12:09:11 am by Pete
Quote from: Bryan on July 24, 2020, 08:15:01 pmLuckily for me God doesnt care about my IQ or my lack of recognition.  Farewell

Actually you're completely wrong. "Study to show thyself approved" and that implies intelligence.

But even your one liner PROVES the points I made earlier - don't you see that? You have no logic, no reason, nothing....NADA.

But the basic problem is you're missing it ALL. You are COMMANDED to be loving. You are COMMANDED to pray for me and love me - and your reply is to flip me off because YOU don't like what I say.

[EDITED]

Pete

July 24, 2020, 08:27:57 pm #3 Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 12:21:06 am by Pete Reason: Edited for context
[EDITED]

If you want to be respected, you should show respect. That's true whether you're a Christian or not.

[EDITED]

O0
"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

Bryan

July 24, 2020, 08:45:34 pm #4 Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 12:10:08 am by Pete
Quote from: JakeELee on July 24, 2020, 08:22:03 pmActually you're completely wrong. "Study to show thyself approved" and that implies intelligence.

But even your one liner PROVES the points I made earlier - don't you see that? You have no logic, no reason, nothing....NADA.

But the basic problem is you're missing it ALL. You are COMMANDED to be loving. You are COMMANDED to pray for me and love me - and your reply is to flip me off because YOU don't like what I say.

I was only commenting that God doesnt require a certain level of intelligence or recognition to enter paradise and bid you farewell since you said you were leaving.  Tough crowd...
All glory to him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by shedding his blood for us.  He has made us a Kingdom of priests for God his Father. All glory and power to him forever and ever! Amen.

Pete

July 25, 2020, 12:01:50 am #5 Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 12:27:30 am by Pete
Sigh.

This thread has been cleaned up and I tried to leave some semblance of the original discussion.

I have no problem discussing difference of beliefs and opinions on this forum, but personal attacks will not be tolerated.

O0
"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

flaglady

Quote from: JakeELee on July 24, 2020, 06:24:21 pmI honestly did come here to ask you why Christians had reasons to believe, but sadly I believe my time has been wasted.
Not necessarily. Some people are unable to offer learned discourse on why they believe. They just know that they do.
Quote from: JakeELee on July 24, 2020, 08:22:03 pmActually you're completely wrong. "Study to show thyself approved" and that implies intelligence.
That doesn't give people with learning disabilities much of an opportunity to 'be a Christian'. I know several people with autism, Asperger's and other similar issues but they are a) intelligent and b) able to give a fairly cogent explanation as to why they believe.
Quote from: Pete on July 25, 2020, 12:01:50 amThis thread has been cleaned up and I tried to leave some semblance of the original discussion.
Oh. Wondered what was going on. And it was only a day or two ago you said this forum required 'little or no' moderation! But well done you!