October 21, 2020, 09:26:40 am

My Worst Nightmare

Started by Hisforever, July 04, 2020, 12:35:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hisforever

Without actions to back them up, the words I love you are nothing but air coming out of your mouth.

Foadle

Such beautiful animals (the snake and the lizard).  Wow, it astounds me how people believe that this all happened by accident.  Do you know what rain forest that was?  Don't think we have anything like that here, though we certainly have our fair share.  My brother-in-law once called Australia, the top security ward of Noah's ark, and he wasn't far wrong.

Still the only animal I have ever been attacked by is the magpie in nesting season....

Hisforever

Sorry, I've always hated rats and snakes as they scare me big time. I don't like the way snakes move and rats have such big teeth that I'm afraid they'll bite me with. Not to mention the fact that some snakes are poisonous and there's a reason why Satan didn't choose to become a cute little kitten, puppy dog, or butterfly. You might like snakes but they better stay FAR away from me!!
Without actions to back them up, the words I love you are nothing but air coming out of your mouth.

Foadle

I can't say as I "like" snakes, but I am definitely not afraid of them.  I figure God made all the animals and, like us, are in a fallen state.  Some just require a much healthier respect than others if you value your life.

Hisforever

Quote from: Foadle on July 04, 2020, 07:50:04 pmI can't say as I "like" snakes, but I am definitely not afraid of them.  I figure God made all the animals and, like us, are in a fallen state.  Some just require a much healthier respect than others if you value your life.

Well still, we're all afraid of something.

Foadle

I am learning more and more that I don't have to be afraid.  God has been talking to me now for about five years on

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment.  He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

You see I used to be scared of everything (in a sense) especially people: what they thought of me, if I were measuring up etc.  Sure I had fears of heights, and stuff too, but they were not my greatest fears I realised.

God has been showing me that fear is firstly not of Him and is a demonstration of a greater trust in the devil and what he can do, (or other people and what they can do) than it is in Him and what He can and has done.  It has been no walk in the park.  I have had to work at changing the way I think.  Thankfully I have a pastor who has really helped me there too.  Are there things I am still walking out, absolutely, don't deny it.  But I am learning that there are many things that I had just accepted that this is just the way things are, that are not what God says. 

As I have taken hold of this truth, that I don't have to live in fear, I have grown a lot in confidence, boldness and courage, and my fears are disappearing without me having to "work" on them.  I just had to work on changing the way I thought to the way God does....hmmm still a very long way to go there.

Hisforever

Quote from: Foadle on July 04, 2020, 08:07:14 pmI am learning more and more that I don't have to be afraid.  God has been talking to me now for about five years on

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment.  He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

You see I used to be scared of everything (in a sense) especially people: what they thought of me, if I were measuring up etc.  Sure I had fears of heights, and stuff too, but they were not my greatest fears I realised.

God has been showing me that fear is firstly not of Him and is a demonstration of a greater trust in the devil and what he can do, (or other people and what they can do) than it is in Him and what He can and has done.  It has been no walk in the park.  I have had to work at changing the way I think.  Thankfully I have a pastor who has really helped me there too.  Are there things I am still walking out, absolutely, don't deny it.  But I am learning that there are many things that I had just accepted that this is just the way things are, that are not what God says. 

As I have taken hold of this truth, that I don't have to live in fear, I have grown a lot in confidence, boldness and courage, and my fears are disappearing without me having to "work" on them.  I just had to work on changing the way I thought to the way God does....hmmm still a very long way to go there.

Yeah all of that is true but that still doesn't change the fact that we get scared sometimes.

Foadle

Not denying that at all.  Life itself can be very scary.  I'm just learning to refocus a bit.  I am not trying to say I am any better than anyone else, far from it.  Just on a journey that is showing me a better way and it is encouraging me a lot.  I didn't mean to minimise anything you said.  Sorry if you felt that way.

Hisforever

Quote from: Foadle on July 04, 2020, 08:31:46 pmNot denying that at all.  Life itself can be very scary.  I'm just learning to refocus a bit.  I am not trying to say I am any better than anyone else, far from it.  Just on a journey that is showing me a better way and it is encouraging me a lot.  I didn't mean to minimise anything you said.  Sorry if you felt that way.

Nope, you didn't at all. I just literally met you today and I already like you a LOT!! :D

Foadle

Thank you.  It is something we all like to hear.

Hisforever

Quote from: Foadle on July 04, 2020, 08:42:43 pmThank you.  It is something we all like to hear.

Who wouldn't? :)