October 21, 2020, 09:27:34 am

Hey Everybody :D

Started by Hisforever, July 03, 2020, 04:44:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hisforever

I am from christianforums.net,.. a website and forum that should be boycotted at all costs because of somebody near and dear to me was treated SO unfairly there and I can no longer go on that website and show my support to a place like that,.. so I came here and if and when more CF members come here, stop on by and say hi and please make sure to let me know if your username is changed. :)
Without actions to back them up, the words I love you are nothing but air coming out of your mouth.

Episcopius

Hi Hisforever!

My username is still Episcopius.

And hi to all here!

Hisforever

Hello again, hopefully more will show up soon. :)
Without actions to back them up, the words I love you are nothing but air coming out of your mouth.

JohnDB

Quote from: Episcopius on July 03, 2020, 05:02:48 pmHi Hisforever!

My username is still Episcopius.

And hi to all here!

Howdy and welcome...

Pete (admin) is one of the best guys around.

You will like hanging out here.
I wanna die like grandpa, peacefully and in his sleep. Not like the passengers in his car...they were all screaming and panicking.

Episcopius

Hi John !
I am an old dog learning new tricks here !

I think I will like hanging out here.

Foadle

You are both welcome

Episcopius

Thx again for welcome, and happy 4th to all !!

Hisforever

Quote from: Foadle on July 04, 2020, 12:37:49 amYou are both welcome

Hello, I hope that we're able to become friends on here. Not sure if you are currently aware of what's been going on here but yeah John was treated very unfairly on another website and I apologize but I've been very upset by it lately since he's like another father to me. Happy Independence Day though!! :D

Foadle

Pete started this site under such circumstances as people who truly wanted to discuss faith were in various ways being targeted and treated unfairly.  As the site name suggests, it is intended as haven where people can have true discussions.

Sure we disagree at times, but disagreements are kept as "attacks" if you like on the argument, not on the people.  Here there has always been a culture of building people up.  I wasn't on here for a few years, and came back and it was very quiet, so a bit of a boost is very welcome.

When I came back I was back to being unemployed and with the shutdowns needed somewhere/someone to talk to.  Now I am working again, most of my interactions will be limited to the weekends, but that is okay...as long as I can get up!

it was 8C over night - and in bed was warmer than out.  But a cat that wanted breakfast finally won out and I got up.  And it is not like we get much of a winter here any way.  Down south they have had a cold winter.  Occasionally (every 5-10 years) Toowoomba (3 hours drive from me) will get a sprinkling of snow, but I am still yet to see the stuff.

Hisforever

Quote from: Foadle on July 04, 2020, 07:16:47 pmPete started this site under such circumstances as people who truly wanted to discuss faith were in various ways being targeted and treated unfairly.  As the site name suggests, it is intended as haven where people can have true discussions.

Wait, so this website is for people who were attacked on different websites? I didn't know that. I do know that I like it here so far,.. I just hope more people will come around so the board won't be as dead.

Foadle

Pretty much. A read of some of the older posts would reveal this more

Hisforever

Quote from: Foadle on July 04, 2020, 07:43:11 pmPretty much. A read of some of the older posts would reveal this more

Why does that happen anyways? John is so sweet and he wouldn't hurt a fly. I know I should have really stayed out of it but I just couldn't. He really means a lot to me. 33333 Also, can I join the woman's fellowship? I see you're in charge of that and I already sent a request. :)

Foadle

Actually, no I am not in charge of it.  I am just a fellow member here.  Sarah (often referred to as "Mrs Pete") looks after that.  What you saw is probably that I was the last one to post there.

As for defending John or staying out of it ... what was God saying?  That should be our only guide on what we do or do not do.  And the truth is that we always want to defend those we see as being unfairly dealt with and those we have grown to love and value in any way.  It is commendable, just let it be lead by God, and don't condemn yourself for what is past. 

What has happened in the past has happened. If what we have done is wrong, then we bring it to God and ask Him by His grace and mercy to root out whatever is behind it and to transform us to be more like Him.  If it were not, move forward with confidence.  But realise that God never condemns.  He may convict, but never condemns.  Condemnation is of the devil and is intended to bind us and keep us living small lives.

Hisforever

Quote from: Foadle on July 04, 2020, 07:56:19 pmActually, no I am not in charge of it.  I am just a fellow member here.  Sarah (often referred to as "Mrs Pete") looks after that.  What you saw is probably that I was the last one to post there.

As for defending John or staying out of it ... what was God saying?  That should be our only guide on what we do or do not do.  And the truth is that we always want to defend those we see as being unfairly dealt with and those we have grown to love and value in any way.  It is commendable, just let it be lead by God, and don't condemn yourself for what is past. 

What has happened in the past has happened. If what we have done is wrong, then we bring it to God and ask Him by His grace and mercy to root out whatever is behind it and to transform us to be more like Him.  If it were not, move forward with confidence.  But realise that God never condemns.  He may convict, but never condemns.  Condemnation is of the devil and is intended to bind us and keep us living small lives.

This is going to sound sad, but I've sort of lost any hope in praying in this situation because I'm not sure if it's going to do any good. That's why I sort of stopped praying because I've come to realize that in this life bad things happen and I sort of lost my hope that a prayer is going to change that. I still have my faith in a God that loves me, but I think He's telling me to just help myself. Not really sure if even He can get me out of this mess. :(

Foadle

Sometimes God does take us through seasons where we do need to just help ourselves.  It is not selfish, though it can sometimes sound it.  I have been through a few of those.  But the truth is, sometimes where we are is not a good place for helping others.  The reason could be hurts, distrust, shipwrecked faith, plain warn out etc.  But even Jesus took time out by himself to pray or whatever.  Sometimes it is even just learning to like our own company.

Prayer doesn't twist God's arm, though, if you look at the dynamics of how many teach it that is what it is about (of course it would not be phrased like that, but if you took it down to grass roots, yeah that is what they are saying).  In it's simplest form prayer is just talking to God.  Being his mate so to speak, spending time with Him.

I am not denying that bad things happen and things that hurt us deeply.  Last night I was a mess with my Pastor because my 20 year old niece is in a serious relationship and I at 44 have never had that opportunity.  It hurts.  I'm happy for my niece, but it doesn't remove personal pain.  Things happen: the virus, loss of a loved one, debt, ill health and the list goes on.  But we must keep our perspective right and that is our choice.

What do we truly believe?  Is God the cause of any of these things?  While the truth is no He is not, we must ask ourselves if we really believe that because that is what is going to affect our relationship with Him.  And sometimes we just need others around us to help us see the real truth.

God is love.  What does that mean?  It means He wants the best for each and every one of us.  Now bad things happen, sometimes because of our own stupidity, sometimes because of those who would not receive Him, sometimes because there is an enemy determined to try and force us away from God because the devil hates us.

The truth is our prayers about situations are not really going to have a true affect until we have a true relations Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg and ask them for a million dollars.  Now even if it were for a good cause, I would have to jump through a gazillion hoops and still have little chance of getting it.  Why?  Because I have no relationship with them.  But if I were a close friend, even if they knew I would never pay it back, I would still be in with a lot better chance because of the relationship.

Obviously at the moment you are in a place of great hurt.  We all go through those season, and sometimes the best thing we can do is just re-learn to be in relationship with God.  God, just hold me.  God you show me.  A the prayers are still focused on us in a sense, but sometimes that is where we need to start so that God can build our confidence again in who He is. 

Just relax.  You are a human being, not a human doing.  Don't pray because you feel you should.  Pray simply to know Him.  From there He will lead you on the best path He has for you.  And sometimes that can take awhile, because we can's see and don't know what he is doing in the back ground.  Thank Him for what you do see, the warmth of the sun on your face, an unexpected call from a friend, hot water in the shower.  Thank Him for everything you can think of, and just let it grow from there.

Hisforever

Quote from: Foadle on July 04, 2020, 08:29:37 pmSometimes God does take us through seasons where we do need to just help ourselves.  It is not selfish, though it can sometimes sound it.  I have been through a few of those.  But the truth is, sometimes where we are is not a good place for helping others.  The reason could be hurts, distrust, shipwrecked faith, plain warn out etc.  But even Jesus took time out by himself to pray or whatever.  Sometimes it is even just learning to like our own company.

Prayer doesn't twist God's arm, though, if you look at the dynamics of how many teach it that is what it is about (of course it would not be phrased like that, but if you took it down to grass roots, yeah that is what they are saying).  In it's simplest form prayer is just talking to God.  Being his mate so to speak, spending time with Him.

I am not denying that bad things happen and things that hurt us deeply.  Last night I was a mess with my Pastor because my 20 year old niece is in a serious relationship and I at 44 have never had that opportunity.  It hurts.  I'm happy for my niece, but it doesn't remove personal pain.  Things happen: the virus, loss of a loved one, debt, ill health and the list goes on.  But we must keep our perspective right and that is our choice.

What do we truly believe?  Is God the cause of any of these things?  While the truth is no He is not, we must ask ourselves if we really believe that because that is what is going to affect our relationship with Him.  And sometimes we just need others around us to help us see the real truth.

God is love.  What does that mean?  It means He wants the best for each and every one of us.  Now bad things happen, sometimes because of our own stupidity, sometimes because of those who would not receive Him, sometimes because there is an enemy determined to try and force us away from God because the devil hates us.

The truth is our prayers about situations are not really going to have a true affect until we have a true relations Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg and ask them for a million dollars.  Now even if it were for a good cause, I would have to jump through a gazillion hoops and still have little chance of getting it.  Why?  Because I have no relationship with them.  But if I were a close friend, even if they knew I would never pay it back, I would still be in with a lot better chance because of the relationship.

Obviously at the moment you are in a place of great hurt.  We all go through those season, and sometimes the best thing we can do is just re-learn to be in relationship with God.  God, just hold me.  God you show me.  A the prayers are still focused on us in a sense, but sometimes that is where we need to start so that God can build our confidence again in who He is. 

Just relax.  You are a human being, not a human doing.  Don't pray because you feel you should.  Pray simply to know Him.  From there He will lead you on the best path He has for you.  And sometimes that can take awhile, because we can's see and don't know what he is doing in the back ground.  Thank Him for what you do see, the warmth of the sun on your face, an unexpected call from a friend, hot water in the shower.  Thank Him for everything you can think of, and just let it grow from there.

So, just pray to God because it will make you feel better even if it doesn't make situations better?

Foadle

No, that's not what I am saying.  Praying doesn't always make you feel better.  In fact sometimes it can make you feel worse.  It is realising that I feelings can lie.  We can feel different ways about the same thing based on a whole range of other things: what sort of day we have had, how tired we are or are not, how vulnerable we are feeling.  Feelings are not truth, only the word of God is that.

It is praying to develop a relationship with God.  You see, once we have the relationship, He begins to guide us in our prayers and in that they become more effective, but it is always going to come out of relationship with Him.

The other thing is is that we don't pray the problem.  God already knows the problem.  Rather it is praying the solution.  God is the solution.  God let Your peace come into this situation.  God, I am asking You to show me what I need to do here.

When it comes to situations and circumstances it is realising that we are in a big court battle.  The devil is a legalist, and unless we defend ourselves by and with the blood of Jesus, the devil has his own way, just like in a real court.  If you are being prosecuted for shoplifting say, and a court date is set, and you don't show up, but the shop owner does, the judge has not choice but to award the case the shop owner. 

God is a righteous judge, but He is also a loving Father.  He wants us to win the court battle, but He still has to abide by the rules.  So, by developing your relationship with Him, He will show you how to pray in such as way as it makes a big difference, but it is building that relationship with Him first.

Hisforever

Quote from: Foadle on July 04, 2020, 08:41:59 pmNo, that's not what I am saying.  Praying doesn't always make you feel better.  In fact sometimes it can make you feel worse.  It is realising that I feelings can lie.  We can feel different ways about the same thing based on a whole range of other things: what sort of day we have had, how tired we are or are not, how vulnerable we are feeling.  Feelings are not truth, only the word of God is that.

It is praying to develop a relationship with God.  You see, once we have the relationship, He begins to guide us in our prayers and in that they become more effective, but it is always going to come out of relationship with Him.

The other thing is is that we don't pray the problem.  God already knows the problem.  Rather it is praying the solution.  God is the solution.  God let Your peace come into this situation.  God, I am asking You to show me what I need to do here.

When it comes to situations and circumstances it is realising that we are in a big court battle.  The devil is a legalist, and unless we defend ourselves by and with the blood of Jesus, the devil has his own way, just like in a real court.  If you are being prosecuted for shoplifting say, and a court date is set, and you don't show up, but the shop owner does, the judge has not choice but to award the case the shop owner. 

God is a righteous judge, but He is also a loving Father.  He wants us to win the court battle, but He still has to abide by the rules.  So, by developing your relationship with Him, He will show you how to pray in such as way as it makes a big difference, but it is building that relationship with Him first.

Well, I also sort of feel like God is angry with me. I haven't been acting very Christlike the past few days and I lost my temper even though it was for a good reason to try and protect my friend.

Foadle

I think we have all lost our temper at sometime and for much less worthy causes than that.  Do we stuff up.  Yes often.  But we get up, acknowledge to the Father where we have been at fault, receive His forgiveness through Jesus Christ, and by the power of Holy Spirit, we get up dust ourselves off and move on. :hug:

Hisforever

Quote from: Foadle on July 04, 2020, 08:47:37 pmI think we have all lost our temper at sometime and for much less worthy causes than that.  Do we stuff up.  Yes often.  But we get up, acknowledge to the Father where we have been at fault, receive His forgiveness through Jesus Christ, and by the power of Holy Spirit, we get up dust ourselves off and move on. :hug:

Well I HAVE told Him I'm sorry multiple times so hopefully He knows I mean it. And I guess if He didn't WANT to forgive me or didn't love me then there would be no reason to celebrate Christmas and Easter. (Speaking of holidays I sort of celebrate Halloween but just like it is today and not all the dark history about it. Hopefully that doesn't bother you.)