October 29, 2020, 12:41:23 pm

What! No Arcade!

Started by Foadle, April 14, 2020, 06:27:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Foadle

Probably a good thing because I used to waste a lot of time in there ;)

flaglady

Pete

Yeah, the arcade is no longer supported. I ran it for quite a while even after it was no longer supported, but it became too much of a hassle. Then when I updated the forum software, I kind of just went with the stock template, since there wasn't a lot of traffic. So a lot of the custom functions we used to have are no longer here either. I wanted to make sure the core functions of the forum (posting, private messaging, etc.) were solid, so I removed almost all of the mods and customizations.

O0
"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

Foadle

April 14, 2020, 04:09:12 pm #3 Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 04:29:27 pm by Foadle
Makes sense.

I haven't seen my arcade mate around (Bill) Does anyone know how he is doing?

Umm....and I am assuming I can't reverse the order of the posts so the newest are up the top.  I looked at an old post on the subject but couldn't find the button it talks about.

Pete

I haven't heard from Bill in ages.

If you're talking about the directory of topics, you should be able to change the sort order by clicking the headings of each column. So sorting by last post should put the newest items on top.

O0

Foadle

No that side of it is all good.  It is the posts within threads that I have to scroll through.  There was a way where you could organise it so that the most recent posts within a thread were up the top...is that still available?

Pete

Ah. Yes, you can change that. In your profile under "Look and Layout", check Show most recent posts at the top and save your settings. I think that will do what you're looking for.

O0

Foadle

MR SUPERHERO LEGEND PETE DOES IT AGAIN. :hugegrin: O0
Thank you.  All sorted now to how I like it.