• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
September 15, 2019, 05:54:55 am

Hymns as prayers

Started by Bryan, September 07, 2019, 05:07:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan

So the idea here is simple, use a hymn (favorite or any) and "rework" it as a prayer.  Maybe you don't even have to rephrase anything, I'll start:

Just a closer walk with thee.  Grant it Jesus is my plea!  Daily walking close to thee, let it be Oh Lord! Let it be!
All glory to him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by shedding his blood for us.  He has made us a Kingdom of priests for God his Father. All glory and power to him forever and ever! Amen.

Bryan

Lord give me strength to say It is well with my soul even in the most difficult of situations, please
All glory to him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by shedding his blood for us.  He has made us a Kingdom of priests for God his Father. All glory and power to him forever and ever! Amen.

jiminpa

September 09, 2019, 01:34:51 pm #2 Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 01:50:37 pm by jiminpa
Hillsong United's song "Oceans (Where Feet May Fail) is written as addressed to God, but it makes a very scary prayer. The bridge is, "Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders. Let me walk upon the waters, wherever you would call me. Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander, and my faith will be made stronger in the presence of my savior." 
I used to worry and stress and strive to "do my part," never believing that I had done enough of "my part."  Now I see my part as casting it off on Him, doing what I believe He is giving me, and letting it just be His problem.  I don't have to fix everything, but I get to work along side of God.