• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

What is your Walk by the Spirit elevator speech?

Started by Bryan, August 19, 2019, 05:37:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan

So you get 30 seconds with a new beliwver who asks you how they can and should walk by the Spirit.  What do you tell them?
All glory to him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by shedding his blood for us.  He has made us a Kingdom of priests for God his Father. All glory and power to him forever and ever! Amen.

Bryan

Mine:

Walking by God's Spirit is about communion with God's Spirit. So you will want to be in a constant attitude of prayer. Until you learn to hear God's voice/leading accurately, read his written word as much as possible. Then you need to be obedient to his leading, which will never contradict his written word or nature.
All glory to him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by shedding his blood for us.  He has made us a Kingdom of priests for God his Father. All glory and power to him forever and ever! Amen.

flaglady

I haven't the foggiest idea. That's why I've always felt a failure when it comes to spreading the word.

jiminpa

Quote from: flaglady on August 20, 2019, 04:49:52 pmI haven't the foggiest idea. That's why I've always felt a failure when it comes to spreading the word.
Nonsense, you be who God has you to be. To try to be something you're not detracts from what God called you to do. Imagine if Joyce Meyer had continued to try to force herself to hand out tracts. She and the people she was trying to reach were worse off for it, and she would have been less ready to walk her calling.

I say that like forcing myself into not my calling isn't the defining trait of my life.
I used to worry and stress and strive to "do my part," never believing that I had done enough of "my part."  Now I see my part as casting it off on Him, doing what I believe He is giving me, and letting it just be His problem.  I don't have to fix everything, but I get to work along side of God.

Bryan

Quote from: flaglady on August 20, 2019, 04:49:52 pmI haven't the foggiest idea. That's why I've always felt a failure when it comes to spreading the word.

You're not a failure :)

I didn't want to dampen your spirit any, I'm sure you have done what I asked many times without even realizing it.

flaglady

My dear friends, you've bucked me up no-end today! Thank you for your words of wisdom.
Bless you, bless you, bless you!