• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
September 15, 2019, 05:49:38 am

Judging less so that I can love more

Started by Bryan, June 22, 2019, 12:55:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan

If I take a cup it can only hold so much liquid.  Fill that cup with milk, then I only have so much room for another beverage.  Then not only do I have limited space, but I have now diluted what was there originally.  Mix chocolate with regular dairy milk, I get chocolate milk.  The quality of the original is diluted.

I feel I do this to myself when I allow judging thoughts to enter my heart.  It dilutes the love that God is trying to work through me.  I cannot love completely and unconditionally, if I allow myself to entertain judgmental thoughts.

Lord help me judge less so that I may love more.
All glory to him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by shedding his blood for us.  He has made us a Kingdom of priests for God his Father. All glory and power to him forever and ever! Amen.

flaglady

Wise words, my friend. I think it's something that we all forget to bear in mind when we are criticizing others. I wonder why it's not in the Commandments - or is it?  It might be this one:  "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor!  It's a thought!

Bryan

Its definitely something I need a reminder of.  Hard to show God's love through a judgemental heart.
All glory to him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by shedding his blood for us.  He has made us a Kingdom of priests for God his Father. All glory and power to him forever and ever! Amen.