• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
November 11, 2019, 08:22:31 pm

Changing of the Seasons

Started by Bryan, June 23, 2019, 12:57:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan

Something that honestly has helped keep me going over the last few years has been this idea that everything has a season (Ecclesiastes 3:1-8).  I had unrealistic expectations that I'd be a forever burning light, growing hotter and hotter.  I knew trials would come, but thought I was able to withstand.  Long story made short, I was humbled.

Now that I think back over things that have happened, I can see in myself the simple truth that everything under God has a time and a season.  Some people may never know their time has come and gone, others may be all to aware of it, but everyone has a time, a place, and a purpose.

The Lord is faithful.

He will not allow His children, no matter how wayward, to suffer more than their able to withstand, and will then make a way for them to come back to life and fruitfulness.  For the Christian, being alive is to be fruitful.

So as the life giving season of Spring gives way to the deadening of the Fall, once the time has been fulfilled, Spring will come again.  I shouldn't lose heart, stay strong, the Lord is by my side no matter.
All glory to him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by shedding his blood for us.  He has made us a Kingdom of priests for God his Father. All glory and power to him forever and ever! Amen.