• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
December 16, 2019, 09:04:13 am

How long, my friends? How long?

Started by flaglady, June 13, 2019, 05:33:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flaglady

This forum hasn't been posted in since May 30th - 2 weeks ago.
Guess my hopes and prayers aren't being heard.
Such a  shame. It was a lovely little community a while ago.

jiminpa

Sorry Jo, I just haven't been able to start conversations much lately. My life is going faster than I am, and I'm a bit run down by some of the hurdles.
I used to worry and stress and strive to "do my part," never believing that I had done enough of "my part."  Now I see my part as casting it off on Him, doing what I believe He is giving me, and letting it just be His problem.  I don't have to fix everything, but I get to work along side of God.

jiminpa

On the praise side, my 19 year-old graduated high school this week.
I used to worry and stress and strive to "do my part," never believing that I had done enough of "my part."  Now I see my part as casting it off on Him, doing what I believe He is giving me, and letting it just be His problem.  I don't have to fix everything, but I get to work along side of God.

flaglady

Quote from: jiminpa on June 15, 2019, 09:37:41 amSorry Jo, I just haven't been able to start conversations much lately. My life is going faster than I am, and I'm a bit run down by some of the hurdles.
Quote from: jiminpa on June 15, 2019, 09:40:30 amOn the praise side, my 19 year-old graduated high school this week.

Well heck, petal - it's nice to hear from you anyway! Always.

And wow! That's a cause for celebration. Where is he off to next then? Is he headed for the land of academe? (university!)

jiminpa

June 15, 2019, 11:03:39 pm #4 Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 11:19:51 pm by jiminpa
She, (sorry, I didn't think to mention she's a young woman), doesn't know what she wants to do next, but she really doesn't want more classroom time. She's very dyslexic, which has a lot of really good tendencies, even though it's considered a disability. The truth is it's only a disability because our education systems are set up not to teach people like her, or me for that matter. She is brilliant, and when she figures it out she will be amazing.

We watch shows like Dr. Who as a contest to guess the reveal first. Bess used to yell at us for it. I told her we might be wrong, but she said we usually weren't. "Sherlock" kept us guessing.