• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
July 20, 2019, 10:17:50 pm

Jo? Bryan?

Started by jiminpa, May 11, 2019, 02:47:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jiminpa

Hi, are you okay? It's getting close to a month since either of you posted. I'm concerned.
I used to worry and stress and strive to "do my part," never believing that I had done enough of "my part."  Now I see my part as casting it off on Him, doing what I believe He is giving me, and letting it just be His problem.  I don't have to fix everything, but I get to work along side of God.

Pete

Hey Jim,

There was a glitch in the forum database that was preventing people from posting. Jo pointed it out to me last week, so I don't know how long it was an issue. Any way, that might be why it was been even quieter than usual. 

O0
"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

jiminpa

Thanks for the info Pete.
I used to worry and stress and strive to "do my part," never believing that I had done enough of "my part."  Now I see my part as casting it off on Him, doing what I believe He is giving me, and letting it just be His problem.  I don't have to fix everything, but I get to work along side of God.

flaglady

And for my sins, I was in hospital two days this week having minor surgery. My trouble is that now I'm getting old and have diabetes, they always insist on keeping me in overnight "just in case"!

How are you, Pete, Jim and Bryan - all keeping well, I trust?

jiminpa

Honestly, I I'm starting to think that I am still not right from 5 years ago, and I just lost another friend suddenly. He was way younger than me too.

flaglady

Oh I am sorry! It's hard to take loosing people like that.

jiminpa

Quote from: flaglady on May 22, 2019, 04:20:20 pmOh I am sorry! It's hard to take loosing people like that.
But it's all selfish. Gerry loved God. He and his wife led worship, and the only way I can describe it is that it was like participating with him in his prayers. They had just been part of a conference, and he passed on overnight that same night, home with the Father that he loves so much.

And Bess, is with God too, and my son Dave. No more pain for either of them, (hers physical and his emotional/spiritual).

flaglady

That's right, my friend. That's the right way to look at it.
But sometimes it can be tough to do that, don't you think?

jiminpa

I just found out my supervisor knows Gerry's widow.

flaglady

Well I never! There's a coincidence!

I recently had contact from a lady I trained with back in 1958-62! Haven't been in touch since I attended her wedding about 1970. But I wrote a small piece for the annual 'magazine' of the nurse's guild (old nurses who trained at the same hospital) and she wrote to me. What a  treat!