• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
May 25, 2019, 06:59:59 pm

Finding my way back

Started by Bryan, March 11, 2019, 06:09:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan

So the title is a bit misleading.  I know its impossible for the carnal to find the spiritual.  But I am finding my desire to follow the Spirit's leading growing once again.

How do I accomplish the impossible?  At times Ive found myself doubting if its worth it. 

You'll just end up broken and defeated again Bryan. 

Its not worth the effort.

You'll be disappointed again.

It is true I was/am disappointed my first experience with Pentecostalism was less than I thought it'd be.  But its not about a creed, or a dogma.  Its about a relationship and not boxing myself in with a creed I truly cant accept.

I want a genuine relationship with the Creator.  I want to love again.  It is true I stumbled, but thats not the end of my story.

The journey of a 1,000 miles begins with a single step.  Its time for me to start stepping.
All glory to him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by shedding his blood for us.  He has made us a Kingdom of priests for God his Father. All glory and power to him forever and ever! Amen.

jiminpa

I just saw this. Bryan, many who deeply love God stumble for various reasons. God doesn't love you any less. You had some difficult things in your life, yet, you never abandoned your walk. You grew weary and stumbled. Take hope. God knows your heart, and that it is His.
I used to worry and stress and strive to "do my part," never believing that I had done enough of "my part."  Now I see my part as casting it off on Him, doing what I believe He is giving me, and letting it just be His problem.  I don't have to fix everything, but I get to work along side of God.