• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
May 25, 2019, 07:20:27 pm

Winter UGH!

Started by Bryan, March 04, 2019, 11:02:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan

So not a fan of cold weather or even snow for that matter.  Not sure where everyone here resides, Jim and Pete I know mainly are in Pennsylvania and Jo is in the UK(?) I have a horrible memory so sorry if I got that wrong, but I live in the great state of Kansas and it has been white here since November 1 and I'm about sick and tired of snow and freezing temps.

I went to the Chiefs playoff games this year and even those were horribly cold and white.  I suffered through that to see my favorite football team, but still.  Enough!  :)

Is it bad (or good depending on your preference) where you all are?

I just can't wait for spring even, with warmer temps.
All glory to him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by shedding his blood for us.  He has made us a Kingdom of priests for God his Father. All glory and power to him forever and ever! Amen.

flaglady

I'm in the UK but in the North East which is famous for it's 'lazy winds' meaning the wind can't be bothered to go round you, it just goes straight through you! THAT's cold!

Bryan

Its sorta like that here in Kansas.  Wind doesn't care about you or your layers, just right through everything.
All glory to him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by shedding his blood for us.  He has made us a Kingdom of priests for God his Father. All glory and power to him forever and ever! Amen.

DavidMcClean

Interesting,

When I was in London I was listening to a teaching from David Pawson he was saying that he was corrected by someone else when he had complained about the weather. The person said "David do you realise when you're complaining about the weather you're actually saying that you can do a better job than God?".

On this thread it seems you're all moaning at God that He is not doing the weather right.....it doesn't suit you so let's have a good old moan at God.

Remind me again just who is running the universe...I seem to have forgotten for a moment?

Bryan

David, I can have an opinion on the weather.  Just like you can have one on whatever food you eat or your favorite sports team or etc.  No one once even mentioned being able to out God, God so please give it a rest.

flaglady

Quote from: DavidMcClean on March 08, 2019, 09:44:39 pmOn this thread it seems you're all moaning at God that He is not doing the weather right.....it doesn't suit you so let's have a good old moan at God.

Remind me again just who is running the universe...I seem to have forgotten for a moment?
I take it you're not English then? Otherwise you'd know that the Englishman's prime delight is talking about the weather! Not complaining about it or saying that God isn't 'doing it right'. Just TALKING about it. What's the harm in that, brother? Or would you prefer we discussed that other major bore of our time, Brexit!  I'd sooner stick with the weather!

DavidMcClean

Quote from: Bryan on March 09, 2019, 02:33:16 pmDavid, I can have an opinion on the weather.  Just like you can have one on whatever food you eat or your favorite sports team or etc.  No one once even mentioned being able to out God, God so please give it a rest.
So you're saying that you can have an opinion "just like me" but then you tell me to not express my opinions?
How very peculiar of you.

Bryan

Quote from: DavidMcClean on March 10, 2019, 06:33:01 amSo you're saying that you can have an opinion "just like me" but then you tell me to not express my opinions?
How very peculiar of you.

I didn't say you couldn't have an opinion, my "give it a rest" comment was in regards to you likening my opinion to saying that I could do better than God.

DavidMcClean

Quote from: Bryan on March 10, 2019, 01:29:04 pmI didn't say you couldn't have an opinion, my "give it a rest" comment was in regards to you likening my opinion to saying that I could do better than God.
Not at all,
I merely said that I heard a sermon by David Pawson who likened complaining about the weather to complaining that HE could do better. In his sermon he explained that he was challenged on this and then said that since then he'd stopped complaining about the weather. I was impressed because this is a bible teacher I've followed for over 20 years and has made a big mark on my Christian life. My thought was that if HE admitted that moaning was a sin....maybe he had a point.

It's like - yesterday I was out at lunch with a colleague and we went to KFC. Right there....possibly a mistake but anyways. The guy is a Christian - a really nice guy actually.
But when we got our food I was enjoying mine and he was complaining about the chips. He just went ON and ON about them....I remember when KFC's chips were slimmer and much nicer but he really complained about them. Tongue in cheek I said "you should be saying 'thank you Lord that in the time we are sitting here you've given us food whilst other people are dying from lack of water'". 
It WAS tongue in cheek but at the same time I was making a point. "Aren't you following Jesus? Would Jesus moan his head off?".
Then he took them up and asked for a replacement and made a fuss about it.
I could see his point - if he didn't like chunky chips with skin on the end then it would have been annoying. But I couldn't help think it was moaning. The reality was that in the time he was complaining, there WERE people starving. 
The only point I was trying to make both to my colleague and on this thread....is that these little things are the things ex-Christians or backslidden Christians or non-Christians really pick up on. The Israelites were condemned for complaining and moaning. 
"The little foxes spoil the vine".....
I wasn't trying to say that if I was following God I would be so spiritual that I'd not complain about the weather. Let's be honest I live in Ireland...we have a weekend of summer a year. But at the same time isn't there a principle that we TRY and take the bible seriously? That when it says to give thanks in all things....it actually means we give thanks in all things? Be honest - you believe God creates the weather just the way He wants it yes? So....if you complain about it really aren't you moaning at God because it doesn't suit you?
Anyways it was a misunderstanding. I come here to post...because I don't go anywhere else. Yes I give people a hard time. I point out faults and inconsistencies. But at the same time I like to think I'm being real. I have also shared some really personal things...notably about taking my bible over to London on business and trying ask God to speak. It's a BIG thing for me to talk about those things...
Forgive the angst Brian. Try and see beyond that maybe I'm a bit confused. Abrasive? Check. Annoying? Check. Rude? Check. But I do desire peace and truth. I also am aware I'm not good with people. I am appreciative that I can at least come here to vent. I can't do that with my extended family, in that bizarre way you're privileged :)
Peace :)

DavidMcClean

On a side note, when I post it puts all my sentences together like a block of text...some way to change this without having to re-edit? Or does everyone else have this problem?

Hisgirl

Where I live, our seasons go as follows, starting in January:

Winter

A little bit of spring

One day of snow

Spring

More winter

Windy spring

Summer

Last bit of winter

Hot spring

Tornado spring

Summer

Really hot summer

More hot summer

A touch of Fall

College Football

More summer

Fall tease

More summer

Fall 

Winter

More summer

"It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."  My Mama

Bryan

Im sorry if I misunderstood your comment Dave.  On a positive note, its getting warmer!