• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
November 16, 2019, 07:56:43 pm

A new thread

Started by DavidMcClean, December 07, 2018, 11:51:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hisgirl

Hey David, 
How is your new job going? I know starting in a new place can feel really weird and (for me) intimidating. Lots of new people, new lingo, new schedules, new rules.

But it's also very exciting and a new adventure. 

I'm curious, what's the dress code over there in typical businesses? Over here, business casual has taken on a whole new meaning and work places have gotten so casual, people are wearing jeans and sneakers and all sorts. There's a place here in my city where a friend works, and they have margarita machines on Friday. 

"It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."  My Mama

flaglady

Dana - you never post to me. Are you someone else using Hisgirl's name?  ???

Hisgirl

Quote from: flaglady on February 04, 2019, 08:22:21 pmDana - you never post to me. Are you someone else using Hisgirl's name?  ???
JO!
Yay! It's you! I actually posted on your bone forum this week! And I also sent you a message either on here or there. I think here! Go see! So good to see you!
"It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."  My Mama

flaglady

Nope - no PM in either site.

I've tried phoning you 2-3 times but no answer - what's amiss? Have you moved?

Hisgirl

Quote from: flaglady on February 06, 2019, 06:19:16 pmNope - no PM in either site.

I've tried phoning you 2-3 times but no answer - what's amiss? Have you moved?
I'll bet you're calling our old number. I'll PM the new one.
"It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."  My Mama

flaglady

It was a nice chat, Dana. Too bad we had such a struggle to get a half decent connection!!

DavidMcClean

Quote from: Hisgirl on February 04, 2019, 05:03:41 pmHey David,
How is your new job going? I know starting in a new place can feel really weird and (for me) intimidating. Lots of new people, new lingo, new schedules, new rules.

But it's also very exciting and a new adventure.

I'm curious, what's the dress code over there in typical businesses? Over here, business casual has taken on a whole new meaning and work places have gotten so casual, people are wearing jeans and sneakers and all sorts. There's a place here in my city where a friend works, and they have margarita machines on Friday.


New job is hectic, insane and mad. In my first month I've been away on business for 2 weeks all over the UK.
Can't say much about it as I've "secret" level government clearance....but it's very pressured. It's great to be earning money again though and getting some of the arrears on bills paid.
Surprisingly I carry a bible when I fly....even tried praying but nothing happens. "An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign". Despite knowing that I asked for a sign. Even got on my knees in the hotel room and prayed....nothing.
What does that mean? No idea. But I was disappointed.

Hisgirl

Quote from: DavidMcClean on March 01, 2019, 06:04:35 pmNew job is hectic, insane and mad. In my first month I've been away on business for 2 weeks all over the UK.
Can't say much about it as I've "secret" level government clearance....but it's very pressured. It's great to be earning money again though and getting some of the arrears on bills paid.
Surprisingly I carry a bible when I fly....even tried praying but nothing happens. "An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign". Despite knowing that I asked for a sign. Even got on my knees in the hotel room and prayed....nothing.
What does that mean? No idea. But I was disappointed.
It's kinda cool traveling for business though, isn't it? I'm proud of you and happy you can begin to get past debts settled. Make sure you and your bride also enjoy your hard work with some nice dinners out!

Thinking, thinking. I know folks will sometimes pray for a sign and I do believe sometimes you get one. And sometimes, I believe we are called to move forward without a sign but to wait, and continue to pray and possibly seek a word of wisdom from others.
I do remember years and years ago, back in the old CF, in the closed up prophetic area, we were practicing 'hearing' over each other and one gal asked me for a word. I prayed and was surprised to hear a still quiet voice in my mind, "Tell her I said 'GO' "  I don't believe in giving directive 'words', but strongly felt I was suppose to. I finally did tell her and her response was 'WHOA...'

Apparently, that lined up with something she had been praying about.

I share that with you because I think signs, words, checks, or encouragements can come from different sources. Hahaha, in fact, one came to me in the form of a bird. My biggest proof God exists in fact!

I had gone to Disney world with the family and while the young kids all were eating bagged lunches their mom made, I chose to get an ice cream for my lunch.

"Why does Nina get to eat ice cream for lunch?' the youngest asked his Dad. Did I feel a bit guilty? Haha, a bit, but it was good and that was what I wanted.

We left the tables and walked towards the palace, me still licking my naughty ice cream cone, and suddenly, from the heavens, a sea gull swooped down with surgical precision, and knocked that ice cream cone so hard out of my hand, it skittered across the sidewalk, then he returned back to the heavens, mission complete.

Everyone laughed but I knew it was a direct commentary from a loving Father to let me know that no, it was not appropriate to eat ice cream in front of children without also getting one for them.

I know this isn't exactly short, but it's so very worth the time. So worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXea1-54XQk

Dan Mohler. If you choose to only glance at it, start at the last 30 minutes and watch it through.
I think you may find it great fun.  I will also pray on how to pray. :-)
"It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."  My Mama

DavidMcClean

Quote from: Hisgirl on March 01, 2019, 06:33:57 pmIt's kinda cool traveling for business though, isn't it? I'm proud of you and happy you can begin to get past debts settled. Make sure you and your bride also enjoy your hard work with some nice dinners out!

Thinking, thinking. I know folks will sometimes pray for a sign and I do believe sometimes you get one. And sometimes, I believe we are called to move forward without a sign but to wait, and continue to pray and possibly seek a word of wisdom from others.
I do remember years and years ago, back in the old CF, in the closed up prophetic area, we were practicing 'hearing' over each other and one gal asked me for a word. I prayed and was surprised to hear a still quiet voice in my mind, "Tell her I said 'GO' "  I don't believe in giving directive 'words', but strongly felt I was suppose to. I finally did tell her and her response was 'WHOA...'

Apparently, that lined up with something she had been praying about.

I share that with you because I think signs, words, checks, or encouragements can come from different sources. Hahaha, in fact, one came to me in the form of a bird. My biggest proof God exists in fact!

I had gone to Disney world with the family and while the young kids all were eating bagged lunches their mom made, I chose to get an ice cream for my lunch.

"Why does Nina get to eat ice cream for lunch?' the youngest asked his Dad. Did I feel a bit guilty? Haha, a bit, but it was good and that was what I wanted.

We left the tables and walked towards the palace, me still licking my naughty ice cream cone, and suddenly, from the heavens, a sea gull swooped down with surgical precision, and knocked that ice cream cone so hard out of my hand, it skittered across the sidewalk, then he returned back to the heavens, mission complete.

Everyone laughed but I knew it was a direct commentary from a loving Father to let me know that no, it was not appropriate to eat ice cream in front of children without also getting one for them.

I know this isn't exactly short, but it's so very worth the time. So worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXea1-54XQk

Dan Mohler. If you choose to only glance at it, start at the last 30 minutes and watch it through.
I think you may find it great fun.  I will also pray on how to pray. :-)
I suppose my scepticism crept in....I came back from a week away with no "sign". I had prayed before I went and said "Jesus if you really ARE real and care about me then say something, tell me something, let me KNOW and I'll get back on track". I prayed it sincerely....and there was silence.
I even walked around the streets in Richmond, London where my hotel was looking for someone maybe giving out tracts or a church that was open.
Nothing.
You can understand I'm sure my thoughts on the plane on the way back...."don't you care?", or "couldn't you be bothered?".

All I wanted was a little crumb.

I am coming to the conclusion that maybe I'm over that line where I can no longer hear, or else it really is all a load of BS.

Hisgirl

March 01, 2019, 10:38:51 pm #49 Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 09:07:38 am by Hisgirl
Well, then how about this, David McClean.
I stopped coming to this site years ago.
Years.
I popped in one day and saw your words.

Couldn't stop thinking about what you had been through, the struggles.

I do believe. How could I not? A seagull knocked an illicit ice cream cone out of my hand. ;D

When I'd been hurt cause my mama had made one too many comments that she didn't like my hair, an almost stranger came up to me at a conference and said " This morning I heard the Lord say to tell you he likes how you've been wearing your hair"  :o

Sound little and silly? Yep, but it pierced my heart. 

Yeah, it's real, and you've been missed. I once approached a cashier and heard the Holy Ghost say, "Tell her I miss the times we used to spend together." Ugh, I reaaally didn't want to, but I did....and her eyes filled with tears. It's a thing. I believe it's real. He actually enjoys it when we talk and sing and comment to him throughout the day.

Approach faith like a child approaches wonder.

I will pray that your eyes can be opened to the fact you are loved and your value is equal to the price that was paid. Also, if I never meet you this side of heaven, I will see you there, because despite any turning away you say you have done, I once heard "When someone's name is written in the book of life, it is written in blood." 

Lord help me, That's good. And he's good and the devil is bad but God doesn't have an equal and opposite enemy. 

All blessings to you David McClean.



"It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."  My Mama

jiminpa

And yet, here we are talking to you, caring about your well-being. I think that that is your sign. Yes, sometimes we get fire in the sky type of signs, but sometimes we get the care and concern of others. Maybe, and I don't know, the sign you really need is that you are genuinely cared for by God's people, as an extension of God's love.
I used to worry and stress and strive to "do my part," never believing that I had done enough of "my part."  Now I see my part as casting it off on Him, doing what I believe He is giving me, and letting it just be His problem.  I don't have to fix everything, but I get to work along side of God.

DavidMcClean

March 08, 2019, 07:08:01 pm #51 Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 09:23:47 pm by DavidMcClean
Quote from: jiminpa on March 01, 2019, 10:43:07 pmAnd yet, here we are talking to you, caring about your well-being. I think that that is your sign. Yes, sometimes we get fire in the sky type of signs, but sometimes we get the care and concern of others. Maybe, and I don't know, the sign you really need is that you are genuinely cared for by God's people, as an extension of God's love.
Hmm pondered this for a couple of days and I don't see it tbh.

I was sincere and asked for something when I was away on business and stuck in the hotel room every night. Nothing.

I know you will say "But God has his own timing" or "He isn't obliged" etc., but I was sincere. And yes I know well the scripture that says "an evil and adulterous generation asks for a sign".....well that about sums me up I suppose. Adulterous in my heart and evil there as well tbh but I did want to genuinely hear.

Nothing.

Then there are people that are telling me that contact a couple of weeks after my nothing experience is a sign.

Respectfully....no.

I think back to so many things like this when I was a Christian and it was like playing join the dots. It was making the pieces fit into a pattern. Damn that piece, doesn't seem to fit so I'll bend it until it all fits.
Wouldn't it have been amazing if I'd come back from London and said "I had a real amazing experience or encounter with God and my mind has been changed...I am so challenged and it's made me really change my mind and I've come back to God".
Instead...nothing.

Sincerely I was sad on the plane back...I could only think in human terms that I'd have moved heaven and earth to a kid of mine that wanted contact...
O well back to the drawing board I guess.

That's the whole point of atheism that is misunderstood....it's not a refusal to believe "what we really know to be the truth". It's a complete willingness to believe when we are presented with evidence. I sincerely asked for just a wee crumb of evidence and was presented with nothing. I even took a bible in my laptop case and read it, listened to sermons on youtube. As best I knew how I tried to draw near to God with a sincere heart and got......yea you guessed it....nothing.

Saul on the Damascus road didn't even want a sign yet he got one. I was in London and asked sincerely for just.....something. He got it all, and I got the opposite.

Yet apparently God is "no respecter of persons".......hmmmm indeed.

With the greatest of respect to HisGirl who has never been rude or judgemental you seem to be saying that "because you've not been here in a long time, but you just came here and read my posts and that's a sign somehow".....well no. The world is full of random chance. Again when I was a "spirit filled born again Christian" I too saw things like this. It was drummed into me from the pulpit that there was no such thing as chance. EVERYTHING was in God's will, nothing happened but HE allowed it. If we didn't have food in the cupboards then it was the devil. If people brought food then it was God. If the car broke down then it was Satan coming to cause problems. If the mechanic said it wasn't such a big issue then PRAISE THE LORD it was God solving a problem.

On another level though things just.....happen. Good things happen. Bad things happen. Why did my new Nissan 370z suddenly wrench itself 3 feet to the left when I was driving last week? Was it the devil trying to kill me? Seriously at one point I would have said that. But no.....it was a fault with the ESP system that needs fixed. It was nothing more than random chance. It was an electrical fault.....my world view dictated and attributed things to a power that was not there. Why did my car not go to the right into the path of the lorry going the other way and kill me? Was it God protecting me? If that was the case instead of an amazing miracle of mechanical intervention could He not have just spoken to me in London like I wanted? No...it was random chance, nothing more and nothing less. God will have to do a bit better than that I'm afraid.

You see none of you knew me years ago when I was one of those scary Christians that was always looking for things or "opportunities to witness". You only ever knew me when I was struggling. Believe me I was all in. I was a demon casting out, tongue speaking, satan binding fanatic and I loved every minute. Couldn't wait for a service at the church or a prayer walk. The devil was so real and so was God. (Just realised I capitalised one and not the other - hard to break away even now!).

I will say it again, I'm genuinely (as far as I am aware) wanting God to speak or guide. So far....nothing but people trying to connect random dots and make amazing patterns out of things that are so simply explained. If I am consigned to the lake of fire then my question will be "WHY? I asked YOU to speak and show me where I am wrong. I pleaded. YOU were meant to be my Father yet you said NOTHING. I would NEVER treat my own child like that - who are YOU to judge ME?"

With this I am at peace. Sad, but at peace.

One thing I ask - that my openness and honesty does NOT turn into another character assasination by anyone or presuming to judge the motives of my heart without taking the time to get to know me. If you disagree just because a book tells you that I am wrong, then please move along. I will NOT enter into loveless debate or arguments for the sake of it - I have endured too much of that already, go find your prey somewhere else.

If you don't, can't or won't understand my thoughts then move on thanks.

Dave

Hisgirl

David,
 
I have also known folks who attributed every inconvenience to a demon. The speaker doesn't work? It's the devil! No...no, actually it isn't plugged in.  You are sick? Maybe it's because you eat junk food and constantly abuse your body with no sleep and no exercise.

Stuff like that.

I'm happy to hear you are looking for a sign.

I would ask though, regarding Jesus and his message, if it were true, would you want to know?

I think that's the whole point of asking God to prove it, is that right?

There seems to be a disconnect though. I mean...if I work so hard to prove God didn't exist, then I start saying 'prove to me you're real' and he doesn't answer, could it be because he's saying 'How can I answer? You said I didn't exist!"   

Maybe, instead of saying 'prove it!' ask for chances to show love to others. I believe that's the whole point anyway. And in showing love to others, giving away a bit of yourself, that river sorta washes away the gunk and you begin to experience this freeing wonderful feeling of happiness.

You might answer back that you are perfectly happy and fine and don't really care if there is or there isn't.

But I suppose in the end, we'll all find out if we were right in our beliefs.

I, for one, would rather err on the side of it being untrue and I spent my life walking around believing someone paid a price for me and it wasn't true, than believing it wasn't true and it turns out it was. Seems like one has a much bigger risk.

But we all get to choose the path we walk and how we handle what the days bring. You seem like a nice guy David. And very intelligent. I hope you find peace in whatever you choose. 

"It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."  My Mama