December 16, 2018, 10:51:49 AM

Another call to arms?

Started by flaglady, November 18, 2018, 04:40:41 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

flaglady

Been nearly two weeks and nobody's posted - not even me! Still, I shall remain faithful that at least God is here! :afro:

DavidMcClean

Actually I did drop in and say hello a couple of weeks ago, after a few days no-one replied so I changed my post to a full stop.

jiminpa

Sorry, weather damage in my area since last Thursday. Lost power for days, and just got internet back up today--and I work for the cable company/ISP.
I used to worry and stress and strive to "do my part," never believing that I had done enough of "my part."  Now I see my part as casting it off on Him, doing what I believe He is giving me, and letting it just be His problem.  I don't have to fix everything, but I get to work along side of God.

flaglady

David, Sorry about that. I do look in every day. Didn't you see I commented on your full stop?
But never the less, I did see you'd been in!

Jim, so sorry you're having weather damage. That can't be fun!

jiminpa

Quote from: flaglady on November 20, 2018, 03:16:39 PMDavid, Sorry about that. I do look in every day. Didn't you see I commented on your full stop?
But never the less, I did see you'd been in!

Jim, so sorry you're having weather damage. That can't be fun!
s mostly inconvenient for us. Nothing that we couldn't recover from. I have a generator for the refrigerator and some electric heaters. My neighbor/landlord had a tree fall on his house and the house across the street from him at midnight on the first night. There have no fatalities that I am aware of, so this is just one of those things.

The drive home from a grief support event the night of the storm was a bit tense, but still it's just part of life in Western Pennsylvania. Ironically, Pete, who lives in the snow belt, got less of it than we did.

To put it in perspective though, the storm was last Thursday and today being the following Tuesday, not everyone has electricity yet.
I used to worry and stress and strive to "do my part," never believing that I had done enough of "my part."  Now I see my part as casting it off on Him, doing what I believe He is giving me, and letting it just be His problem.  I don't have to fix everything, but I get to work along side of God.

flaglady

Well, thank God for that then!

jiminpa

There easily could have been fatalities, and I have heard of none of those, so there is plenty to thank God for.

jiminpa

Well, I'm talking to myself again. C'mon Jo, I'm not good at carrying a conversation, and even worse at it with myself.

flaglady

Aww - I'm sorry. I've been a little unwell of late. The weather here has been ghastly. Bitter cold and rain that's like ice needles on your skin. Even the cats won't go out!  But you know what - God's in His heaven and all's right with the world!

flaglady

BTW, whatcha doing for Christmas?

jiminpa

Quote from: flaglady on December 02, 2018, 06:45:53 PMBTW, whatcha doing for Christmas?
[/quo
Quote from: flaglady on December 02, 2018, 06:45:13 PMAww - I'm sorry. I've been a little unwell of late. The weather here has been ghastly. Bitter cold and rain that's like ice needles on your skin. Even the cats won't go out!  But you know what - God's in His heaven and all's right with the world!

I'm sorry to hear that you've been unwell. You really don't have to reply, if you aren't up to it.

I don't know that I'm doing anything for Christmas, except decorate a pine tree in our yard. It's been a tradition since we moved into this place. Pretty much the only one we have since Bess's passing.

flaglady

Oh getting to post on here is what makes my day! It's a chill-out after spending 4-6 hours on BoneSmart! I've been working on there since 2007!

Go Up