December 17, 2018, 05:20:06 AM

From Facebook mine

Started by Renee, October 22, 2018, 04:50:25 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Renee

I'm just gonna inform you of a scam that hit us so y'all will be smart and not get pulled into it.
This woman, Jenni Lynn that I've known personally for a few years contacted me.
Telling me how she is so sick and needs meds, hubby gets paid this weekend and she'll pay me back.
This was two weeks ago.
We had some money in savings so we "loaned" her $ 50 till that weekend.
Jokes on me and my soft heart. She started changing the day on when I would get it back.
This all took place here on FB. Last week she blocked me.
Translation I got taken now We're down to $11 for the rest of the month.
LESSON LEARNED.

Learn from my lesson y'all.
THE DEFINITION OF REVIVAL

1. Falling in love with Jesus all over again

2. Having the Joy of your salvation restored

Renee

This is what happened two weeks ago to me.
THE DEFINITION OF REVIVAL

1. Falling in love with Jesus all over again

2. Having the Joy of your salvation restored

flaglady

Oh dear me yes - you can't be too careful of these people who promise you 'faithfully' they'll pay back a loan and that's the last you hear of it. If you can't afford to make it a gift, don't give it. I'm so sorry you got scammed.

jiminpa

Quote from: flaglady on October 25, 2018, 06:09:52 PMOh dear me yes - you can't be too careful of these people who promise you 'faithfully' they'll pay back a loan and that's the last you hear of it. If you can't afford to make it a gift, don't give it. I'm so sorry you got scammed.
I agree. Make it a gift and you don't have to worry about it causing tension if they can't afford to pay it back. Let the payback be God's "problem." Then if you get it back, it's free money.
I used to worry and stress and strive to "do my part," never believing that I had done enough of "my part."  Now I see my part as casting it off on Him, doing what I believe He is giving me, and letting it just be His problem.  I don't have to fix everything, but I get to work along side of God.

Go Up