December 16, 2018, 10:48:45 AM

Interesting email

Started by Bryan, September 24, 2018, 06:10:54 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Bryan

So I was checking my emails just now and saw that a church had offered me an opportunity to oversee their young adult and kids ministry.  This honestly caught me off guard as I don't ever remember setting up a ministry profile on this website and even more so after visiting that the first response I receive is nearly 4 years later.

The church says its non-denominational which I personally love, but it's theology is heavy Pentecostal/charismatic.  It's an opportunity I find myself intrigued by, especially given my recent struggles and such.  I find my heart somewhat lifted by it even with the impossibility it presents.  I live in Kansas now, the church is located in North Carolina, a good 1500 miles away.
All glory to him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by shedding his blood for us.  He has made us a Kingdom of priests for God his Father. All glory and power to him forever and ever! Amen.

flaglady

Oh dear! So near and yet so far!
But nice to know they considered you, eh?

Bryan

All glory to him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by shedding his blood for us.  He has made us a Kingdom of priests for God his Father. All glory and power to him forever and ever! Amen.

jiminpa

What's the problem with Pentecostal/Charismatic? NAR is Pentecostal/Charismatic and you're affiliated with that movement, which reminds me that I haven't listened to the prayer room in way too long. The only thing that could be an issue there is that churches that identify as Pentecostal tend to be all about outward holiness and inward pride.
I used to worry and stress and strive to "do my part," never believing that I had done enough of "my part."  Now I see my part as casting it off on Him, doing what I believe He is giving me, and letting it just be His problem.  I don't have to fix everything, but I get to work along side of God.

Go Up