October 20, 2018, 10:36:48 PM

Try again! Helloooo!

Started by flaglady, August 29, 2018, 09:01:05 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

flaglady

What a shame! I was looking forward to something pithy from you, Jim!

flaglady

Ooh look! A thread has made it onto the second page!

jiminpa

If I had something pithy, I'd be happy to post it. I'm a bit down the last few days. I'm a pretty emotional person, and far too subject to moods. I struggle to have the balance of having emotions without letting them drive me.
I used to worry and stress and strive to "do my part," never believing that I had done enough of "my part."  Now I see my part as casting it off on Him, doing what I believe He is giving me, and letting it just be His problem.  I don't have to fix everything, but I get to work along side of God.

flaglady

Hugs to you, Jim. May God give you peace in your heart and mind

jiminpa

I used to worry and stress and strive to "do my part," never believing that I had done enough of "my part."  Now I see my part as casting it off on Him, doing what I believe He is giving me, and letting it just be His problem.  I don't have to fix everything, but I get to work along side of God.

jiminpa

Nothing pithy at the moment. Maybe you'll have to provide food for thought.

flaglady

Then how about this - pauses to think of something! Oh yes! I've been watching some documentaries where archeologists were trying to prove Biblical events. So far the list includes The Fall of Jericho, The Great Flood, Exodus, The Stone of Jacob and The Lost Tribes of Israel. Phew! Can't decide whether I believe half of them or not! They certainly sound very plausible!

Hisgirl

Hi Jo!

I just got a happy birthday email from site and sheepishly realized I had not been here in YEARS. YEARS, People! Lordy. but I do think of you, truly.

I hope every is well.

Today is my birthday and I am very sad. One of my dearest heart friend died yesterday.

I don't think I've had a close friend die before, but I do know it is part of the honor of growing older. Tis to be expected.

Just means there will more for my big reunion day!

I hope everyone is doing well. Pete, I've enjoyed seeing your vacation postings on facebook. Did yall enjoy Daytona? Have you ever been to the Gulf coast? If yall ever go back, I would highly recommend the Gulf coast for the turquoise waters and thick white sands. I love how much yall love the beach!

We are doing well. My husband is still working, looking to have back surgery AND a hip replaced sometime soon. Both my kids are working and living independently and dating a serious guy/gal. My parents have aged out of living in their home alone so they have been moved and are loving living in a senior retirement community. I've taken over the details of their lives. We enjoy our dogs, friends and the Lord. Hope everyone is doing well!

"It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."  My Mama

flaglady

October 04, 2018, 08:13:24 PM #28 Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 05:25:46 AM by flaglady
Quote from: Hisgirl on October 04, 2018, 09:11:54 AMMy husband is still working, looking to have back surgery AND a hip replaced sometime soon.
Dana, So good to hear from you! I was actually watching Dirk's Youtube on folding a fitted sheet just last night! I reckon now he's 'survived' the shoulder replacement, he's up to anything!

jiminpa

Quote from: Hisgirl on October 04, 2018, 09:11:54 AMHi Jo!

I just got a happy birthday email from site and sheepishly realized I had not been here in YEARS. YEARS, People! Lordy. but I do think of you, truly.

I hope every is well.

Today is my birthday and I am very sad. One of my dearest heart friend died yesterday.

I don't think I've had a close friend die before, but I do know it is part of the honor of growing older. Tis to be expected.

Just means there will more for my big reunion day!

I hope everyone is doing well. Pete, I've enjoyed seeing your vacation postings on facebook. Did yall enjoy Daytona? Have you ever been to the Gulf coast? If yall ever go back, I would highly recommend the Gulf coast for the turquoise waters and thick white sands. I love how much yall love the beach!

We are doing well. My husband is still working, looking to have back surgery AND a hip replaced sometime soon. Both my kids are working and living independently and dating a serious guy/gal. My parents have aged out of living in their home alone so they have been moved and are loving living in a senior retirement community. I've taken over the details of their lives. We enjoy our dogs, friends and the Lord. Hope everyone is doing well!

Yes! It's very good to see you posting again.

jiminpa

Welp, my laptop took one of those terminal Windows updates, and I had a Skype meeting with a temp agency scheduled. I love my company, but hate my job. I had to replace it in time for the meeting, and didn't have much money to work with. I got the least expensive laptop that would actually do anything. I got it home and the camera didn't work, and they didn't have the same model in stock. I am now the not so proud owner of a Chromebook. It does most of what I need it to.

I can get the other laptop to run on a Linux live boot, so I should also be able to run a Window$ repair install, if I take the time.

This had the benefit of showing me just how much I have been relying on myself, and not resting in God. I am changing that.

jiminpa

On a completely other note, with little spiritual value, a dirt stock car track in the area has it's 3 day end of the season racing event. It's almost too much racing for me.

flaglady

jiminpa

If you're referring to the races, I guess they are. I don't hear it as noise, more like the sounds of family fun. 8 of the 12 features were good races, and I got to hang out with a set of friends for about 6 hours and another friend for another hour. The spring car race was won by inches. It was a great race. Sprints are 1,400 pounds, 900+ horsepower, and they go over 120 miles per hour on a clay surfaced oval, sliding around the turns inches from each other, and the track was really slick by the time the sprints took the track.

One of the guys I sit with has a business that sponsored 10 cars this year.

flaglady

jiminpa

...oh and as an added bonus the owner of the business that sponsors the 10 cars bought my ticket for the weekend.

flaglady

Go Up