December 16, 2018, 10:18:28 AM

Try again! Helloooo!

Started by flaglady, August 29, 2018, 09:01:05 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

flaglady

God must be everso lonely in here! Thought I'd drop in and offer some company!I had a telephone conference today - a research group I'm part of. I'm the patient representative, very small fry. The rest are all professors and such! embarrassed myself hugely by falling asleep half way through the 1┬╝hr call! Woke when the lead Prof was calling to me in ever increasing decibels! Wonder how long he'd been trying to wake me? Just hope they couldn't hear me snoring over the phone!!..
Bet you had a good chuckle at that, God!

jiminpa

Hi Jo. I don't think I've ever had that happen, but I have had at lease one embarrassing meeting moments. I had a work meeting, I don't even remember what it was for, and there were no seats when I got there. My back began to hurt from standing, and someone offered me his chair, I had become such a distraction from trying to find a pain-free position.
I used to worry and stress and strive to "do my part," never believing that I had done enough of "my part."  Now I see my part as casting it off on Him, doing what I believe He is giving me, and letting it just be His problem.  I don't have to fix everything, but I get to work along side of God.

flaglady

Oh that made my back ache, just reading it!

jiminpa

At this point it's just a memory. I don't remember the actual pain, just that it had hurt, and the event.
I used to worry and stress and strive to "do my part," never believing that I had done enough of "my part."  Now I see my part as casting it off on Him, doing what I believe He is giving me, and letting it just be His problem.  I don't have to fix everything, but I get to work along side of God.

jiminpa

I do miss that job. The only thing I didn't like about it was not being home with my family while I was at work, and the round-trip was about 2 hours, in good weather and traffic. If it snowed enough I would leave 2 hours before my start time.

I often came home feeling like my brain had been in a blender because some days it took every bit of analytical and creative ability I had.

flaglady

"it would feel like my brain had been in a blender"!! What a very descriptive comment!

jiminpa

Quote from: flaglady on September 01, 2018, 08:03:32 PM
"it would feel like my brain had been in a blender"!! What a very descriptive comment!

Best way I know to describe it.

Pete

I can relate. After a long day of developing solutions, problem solving, analyzing, troubleshooting, etc., I am mentally exhausted! It's a different kind of tired from doing physical labor, but tiring nonetheless.

O0
"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

flaglady

I remember when I was working as an occupational health nurse, I spent the day in clinics, listening to patient's problems and writing reports on them. I only saw 8 or 9 a day but it was very tiring. That and an hour's drive home! Good job I only ever worked 2-3 days a weeks!..Have you had any more trips to the UK, Pete?

flaglady

Pete, why can't I make paragraphs in my posts any more? No matter what I do, it always ends up in one block of text.

Pete

No recent trips to the UK. None planned at the moment either.

I'm not sure why the formatting is wonky (technical term) when posting. If I get ambitious, I may wipe the forum and re-upload the latest version. Have no fear, this would not result in a loss of posts. It would just basically give us a fresh set of source files. With all of the add-ins installed and uninstalled over the years, the code is less than ideal. But that would be no small undertaking, so I have to have the time and proper motivation.  ;)

O0

flaglady

Oh well never mind. If it had just been a matter of a tick in a box that's one thing. But there's no point in doing all that just for one or two of us!

jiminpa

Quote from: flaglady on September 07, 2018, 07:18:23 PM
Oh well never mind. If it had just been a matter of a tick in a box that's one thing. But there's no point in doing all that just for one or two of us!

:(

flaglady

jiminpa

Quote from: flaglady on September 08, 2018, 08:05:44 PM
Aw Jim - why the long face?
That it's down to 4, 5 if David posts again, people with any activity at all.

Renee

I been having trouble logging in. The system wouldn't let me till I clicked on flaglady's name.
THE DEFINITION OF REVIVAL

1. Falling in love with Jesus all over again

2. Having the Joy of your salvation restored

Bryan

I had/have the same issue.  Weird!
All glory to him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by shedding his blood for us.  He has made us a Kingdom of priests for God his Father. All glory and power to him forever and ever! Amen.

Pete

This forum has not been updated in quite some time. The source code is a mess of edits, deletes and modifications from over the years and it is behaving very erratically in some cases. I am going to take some time to update to the latest version of the code shortly. So you will likely notice a very different look in the next day or so, but it should be much more stable once it's been refreshed with the latest code.

O0

jiminpa

jiminpa

OK, it's slow again, so I guess I'll just say nothing.

Go Up