His Grace Oasis

Select theme color.

Author Topic: Help with my walk with God.  (Read 118 times)

August 03, 2018, 04:16:09 PM
  • :

Whiteheart, "Answer the call"
Hear a whisper in the night
See a distant burning light
That you cannot explain
Oh, you try to shut it out
Cover it up with all your doubts
But it won't go away
Answer the call, answer the call

Got a knock upon the door
It's getting loud, you can't ignore
A voice is calling your name
Don't you live in the status quo
Don't you go where you always go
It's crying out for change

Call it inspiration, call it revelation
Call it anything at all
But burning deep in you
Is something you have gotta do
So answer, answer the call

Now the path is there to take
Now the choice is there to make
Don't let the vision fade
You'd be living in the dark
Running away from your own heart
If you just turned away

It may be the inner city
Maybe your own family
The mission field may lie in you
But you know the Word is true
And it's staring back at you
So answer, answer the call

The message is for you
So whatever you do
Answer, answer the call

The italicized half verse is like my life, and especially for the past few months. I've been running from my own heart for so long that I don't know how to get back. My Bible readings are not getting through my head, and are more of a chore than a help, and I find myself running from prayer time and scripture reading.

I'm withdrawing from people and that doesn't help anything.

Any suggestions?
I used to worry and stress and strive to "do my part," never believing that I had done enough of "my part."  Now I see my part as casting it off on Him, doing what I believe He is giving me, and letting it just be His problem.  I don't have to fix everything, but I get to work along side of God.

August 03, 2018, 06:53:00 PM
Reply #1

That repeating line "answer the call" really resonated with me. It happened to me when I first became a Christian. I actually heard from God! Yes I did!
But for days and weeks I was unable to share it with anybody as I thought they'd all think I was making it up, imagining it or fantasizing!I'm glad to know that now, 38 years later, there was nothing fanciful or imagined about it. And I'm so glad I did 'answer the call'.I hope you get that epiphany moment, Jim. You so deserve it.

August 04, 2018, 12:48:33 AM
Reply #2
  • :

Thanks Jo. I don't feel so deserving at the moment.
I used to worry and stress and strive to "do my part," never believing that I had done enough of "my part."  Now I see my part as casting it off on Him, doing what I believe He is giving me, and letting it just be His problem.  I don't have to fix everything, but I get to work along side of God.

August 05, 2018, 07:30:43 PM
Reply #3

Jim, feelings don't come in to it - you're always deserving! God said so!

August 06, 2018, 08:57:38 AM
Reply #4
  • :

Thank you Jo. I guess I just need some building up right now.

I could probably learn a bit from my own signature too.

August 08, 2018, 08:44:29 PM
Reply #5

Might be a great start, y'know!

August 15, 2018, 05:47:35 AM
Reply #6

Jim, how are you getting along?

August 15, 2018, 08:56:32 AM
Reply #7
  • :

Thank you for checking on me Jo. I'm about that same, but not paying so much attention to the longing to do more, at the moment. Yesterday was the birthday of the son who died 3 years ago, and I was a bit irritable, and my job doesn't give me to room to be human, so that was a challenge. 

August 18, 2018, 05:59:05 PM
Reply #8

I can imagine it was. Not an experience to relish.

anything