December 16, 2018, 12:31:27 PM

Nothing so sad as an empty house!

Started by flaglady, May 22, 2018, 07:36:34 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

flaglady

I so remember the good times we all had in here. Lively discussions, fun talks, educational stuff. Guess it's long gone!

In case anyone is interested (hallooo-oo!!) I had my pacemaker installed okay and am settling down with it. Lately I have 5 other hospital appointments looming, all for unmentionable investigations!

Anyone catch the Royal Wedding? How did you like it? I never missed a single second. Harry is our fave prince over here! Such a lovely lad!

jiminpa

I find the dormancy of this board quite sad. I consider you my friends, and this board was actually a safe place to voice personal information, fears, trials, triumphs, etc....

I am very glad that your recovering from your surgery, and hope the investigatory procedures go well. 

Sorry, but i couldn't care much less about the royal wedding. I'm not one for pomp and circumstance, or for celebrating elitism. I know that for you it holds a special significance.
I used to worry and stress and strive to "do my part," never believing that I had done enough of "my part."  Now I see my part as casting it off on Him, doing what I believe He is giving me, and letting it just be His problem.  I don't have to fix everything, but I get to work along side of God.

Renee

Osiyo. I didn't watch it.

I linger around here don't say much.

Homeschooling is very time consuming.
THE DEFINITION OF REVIVAL

1. Falling in love with Jesus all over again

2. Having the Joy of your salvation restored

flaglady

I can only imagine!But you know what? Your sweet presence (both of you) is even sweeter for the input, however occasional! God bless you both

jiminpa

Thanks Jo. I try to participate, but single parenting is a real challenge for me, to put it mildly.
I used to worry and stress and strive to "do my part," never believing that I had done enough of "my part."  Now I see my part as casting it off on Him, doing what I believe He is giving me, and letting it just be His problem.  I don't have to fix everything, but I get to work along side of God.

flaglady

I can only imagine, Jim. A 'blessing' I've never been given!

flaglady

So here we are again - the haunted house! God must be feeling terribly lonely here. I know I am.Weather was lovely today - about 30 degrees C in the sun. Took advantage and sat out in the sun and enjoyed my glorious garden! Amazing how good you feel after an hour or so soaking up the rays!!

flaglady

Perhaps I'll try having a conversation with myself! Hey Jo, glad you got some sun there! do be careful not to get sunburn, eh?  :amen:

flaglady

Glad you said that, Jo. I tend to forget I burn easily. Must be more careful in future. But it's such a lovely change!

jiminpa

I'm still here, but it's starting to look like it's just you and me now.

Pete hasn't even posted the site renewal, but I think he's on vacation.

jiminpa

The good news is that I'm on a shift that should give me more useful time, once I get used to it again.

jiminpa

flaglady

Hi Jim - my knees are fabulous - thanks for asking! Today I just took delivery of a lovely adjustable bed, nice interior spring mattress and all sorts! Can't wait to sleep in it tonight!As I sit here in my lounge, I can see a lovely full moon through my window!

flaglady

flaglady

jiminpa

flaglady

Hi Jim! Nice to hear from you. In a few minutes, I'm off down the bottom of the garden to pick some nice fresh raspberries!  Must get there before the birds do.

Last year I never got a single berry - by the time I remembered and got there, the shrubs were stripped bare! Still, at least the birds were well fed!

jiminpa

Well, there's chicken wire Jo.

I've been getting ready for a trip to see my family in Florida in a few days. It's about a 12-14 hour drive.

flaglady

True and I tried it once but found our little birds can trip in and out of that with the greatest of ease!

Oooh, Florida - I could easily be jealous! Have a nice time and a safe journey, my friend!

jiminpa

Thank you. I've lived in Jacksonville, FL. I like to visit, but hated living there. Going to see my daughter-in-law and 2 of my grandkids. That and having lived there, I have friends there that I don't see often. I am definitely looking forward to being there.

Go Up