• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
October 21, 2019, 11:08:49 am

Halloo-oo!

Started by flaglady, January 28, 2018, 12:47:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flaglady

Whatcha all doing then? Working hard? Looking forward to summer?

I actually had a flag order on my website. Coulda knocked me down with a feather!
It's been almost a year since I had any orders!

jiminpa

Yeah, working. Raising my daughters. Trying to keep my focus on God and not on the wind and waves, but not doing a great job of it. I'm behind on everything. Recovering from the heart attack in October.

Basically, I only have time to get on here when things are slow at work, and we are severely understaffed. The MBAs decided that we could afford to have our customers on hold, even when everything is perfect, so they stopped hiring. Well, being slightly understaffed for when things are going very well, means that we are severely understaffed for outages or firmware updates gone bad, or just all of the especially stupid users being extra stupid at the same time, and we have end users who don't know how to turn their own PCs on, or change the input on their TV, even with instruction.
I used to worry and stress and strive to "do my part," never believing that I had done enough of "my part."  Now I see my part as casting it off on Him, doing what I believe He is giving me, and letting it just be His problem.  I don't have to fix everything, but I get to work along side of God.

flaglady

Quote from: jiminpaend users who don't know how to turn their own PCs on, or change the input on their TV, even with instruction

That sounds familiar! Some of my members on BoneSmart are very much like that! I've even phoned people in the States to give them advice!