• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
July 20, 2019, 01:09:58 am

the aawww factor!

Started by MissConStru, September 15, 2007, 06:04:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flaglady

Well, ya asked for them - here they are. My collection of adorable cats!

These are my boys, TomTom and Oscar. Oscar is a normal sized cat!
This photo is misleading as most of the time they have an uneasy truce.
They're both adorable with lovely natures and love it when I have visitors which sadly isn't that often so they have to make to with trying to butter up the postman!

I think I may have posted this one here before. Oscar is a PAT cat (Pets As Therapy) which means he goes round residential homes to give a little quality of life to the aged and infirm. AS you can see, he is quite commited to his 'ministry' and often just settles down to snuggle on their laps! He's a big hit and he knows it! Arrogant little show off!

Happiness is in the sun. Oscar's pretending to be a pot plant and the other two are pretending not to noitce him! Must say, he does make a pretty picture though!

So TomTom thought he'd have a go but by then, we'd all gone inside!

This was Prudy (Prudence Kitten!) She died in Jan 06 at 17? years which is a good age for any cat.
She was worshipped by TomTom (and me!) and he was bereft when she was gone. Sadly, his love was not reciprocated as she often made clear to him with spits and growls but occasionally he was permitted a close at hand audience with her majesty!

Aaawww! There's nothing so sad as unrequited love!

JTM³

[spoiler]

Job got HEALED, and YOU can be too!!

Pro tip: Read to the END of the book. Not just man's ideas. They're usually wrong. =P

Jesus = The revealed will of God for all people for all time.
[/spoiler]

Sarah

I LOVE the pictures of your kitties!  They are so sweet. 

(I will hold up my end have to fear.)
Embraced by the loving arms of the Father....

Hisgirl

I think Sarah needs to get a kitty.

No....

two kitties. 

"It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."  My Mama

Pete

Quote from: Hisgirl on September 19, 2007, 07:54:43 am
I think Sarah needs to get a kitty.

No....

two kitties. 

NO she doesn't! 
"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

JTM³

I take it you don't like kitties? :D

[spoiler]

Pro tip: Read to the END of the book. Not just man's ideas. They're usually wrong. =P

[/spoiler]

flaglady

I think he means he's got a housefull enough as it is!

JTM³

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Sarah

I think we've had like 8 cats since we were married.  We have none now.  They either ran away or soiled my house until I got rid of them.  I love to go and love up others kitties.  I've just been bitten by them too many times. 
Embraced by the loving arms of the Father....

flaglady

September 22, 2007, 11:00:32 pm #9 Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 12:23:57 pm by Pete
 You're just getting the wrong sort of cat!

I'll tell you a story:

When Prudence was a kitten and first came to me, every night she would come on my bed and sneak down under the duvet then wiggle herself around until she was lying with her head on my arm, much like the cat on the right there. She would lay there are purr and purr and then fall asleep. But about twenty minutes later she would suddenly wake and bolt out of the bed like a greyhound out of a trap. I could never figure why. Cats  are reputed to like the heat and the hotter the better.

I remember seeing a documentary once about it and this cat that lived in an iron foundry and would sleep on top of the door of the furnace where the heat was so fierce workers had to wear strong protective gear and use long poles to work when the door was opened. But the cat stayed asleep on the door housing all through, not the least bit phased by the sparks flying all around or the temperature that was in the hundreds! So why Prudy would suddenly shot out of bed, I had no idea. I only knew that it meant I could finally get comfy and go to sleep myself!!