• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
October 21, 2019, 08:40:14 am

test

Started by flaglady, October 09, 2017, 05:13:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flaglady

jiminpa

I used to worry and stress and strive to "do my part," never believing that I had done enough of "my part."  Now I see my part as casting it off on Him, doing what I believe He is giving me, and letting it just be His problem.  I don't have to fix everything, but I get to work along side of God.

Pete

FYI there was a problem with the forum (and the Tapatalk add-in) but I believe it is resolved now. Please let me know if you are still having issues posting.

[emoji63]
"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

flaglady

flaglady

Still can't post a new post but I can post in here - obviously!

jiminpa

I used to worry and stress and strive to "do my part," never believing that I had done enough of "my part."  Now I see my part as casting it off on Him, doing what I believe He is giving me, and letting it just be His problem.  I don't have to fix everything, but I get to work along side of God.

flaglady

I meant I cannot create a new thread! sorry.
Pete knows what I mean - I emailed him about it a week or so back.

Pete

I was under the impression that all of the issues were resolved. I just confirmed that I can create a new thread without an issue. Are you getting an error message when you try to start a new thread?

[emoji63]

flaglady

jiminpa

I meant that it's puzzling that you couldn't start a new thread, not that I didn't understand you. 

Pete

Hmm. I'm not sure what's wrong then. I just confirmed that I can start a new thread from both my computer and through Tapatalk on my iPhone, so the site is working properly.

On another topic, I'll be making another trip to the UK the week of November 13. I'll be in the Maldon area. So we'll be on the same side of the ocean for a week anyway.

O0

flaglady

Oh fun! I'll look forward to that. However, I'm not up to long(ish) journeys these days. Signs are I have heart problems.

As for the glitch, I have tried it on another browser and another lappie but no difference. I'll go and try here again. BRB

Pete

There's a slim chance I might actually get to do a teensy bit of sightseeing in London on that Friday afternoon if we get done early. That would be a nice change from constantly working.

O0

flaglady

I'll bet! What are your 'must see' places?

Pete

Not sure. Even if we do get to do some sightseeing, we won't have very long. I understand there is a train we can take from Heathrow that takes about 40 minutes to get to London. Anything within walking distance from the train station would be high on our list.  ;)

Since our flight back departs at 7:30 AM on Saturday morning, we won't want to stay out too terribly late, since we'll have to get up horribly early. But who knows if we'll even get to go or not. It depends if we accomplish our tasks quickly enough to have a few extra hours. I'm not holding my breath.  :shrug:

O0

flaglady

There is the Heathrow express that you can get to Paddington  which takes a matter of minutes! Probably take you longer to walk to the station at HR!

To be honest, where Paddington Station is, there's not much nearby unless you take the underground and even then you'll have to make up to 3 changes to get anywhere notable. Though of course you could always use cabs but they cost quite a bit!

I think you'd be best to choose one spot to see, like the Tower Bridge and head for it.

Here's a link to the underground map!

http://content.tfl.gov.uk/standard-tube-map.pdf

Pete

Well thank you for the info, but I just found out that due to year-end budget constraints, they're canceling my trip, so my sightseeing will have to wait until another trip.

O0

flaglady

Oh for shame! Well, perhaps next year, eh?