December 17, 2018, 04:48:26 AM

Learning...

Started by Bryan, November 07, 2016, 07:13:31 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Bryan

I sometimes wonder if I missed the boat somewhere to right living and godliness.  I read the books, I believed the testimonies, I believed in God and yet I stayed in the same miserable rut, day after day.  I wonder if in my zeal I still attempted to do something God alone can do.  I have attended many Pentecostal/Charismatic churches and one thing I know for certain is they truly believe they can shout the Holy Spirit down upon people.  That if they get enough people whipped into a frenzy that miracles are sure to follow.  But what does God say about that?

He certainly doesn't denounce it, but rather he says to listen to his voice, follow him, obey his commands.  Jesus himself testified that he did nothing outside of what the Father displayed to him.  How many people could Jesus have ministered to that he didn't because it wasn't the Fathers will for him to do so?

But Bryan... God wants everyone to be healed and saved!  He sure does, but he doesn't want any of his children feeling like that responsibility is theirs alone.  That was my downfall.  I had a habit of asking God everywhere I went, Father... what are you doing here and how can I help?  And when I saw and heard nothing I would wonder what sin I had committed that caused me to be blind and deaf to my Father... surely, our faith was never meant to cause such distress and anxiety.

What I believe is the proper way is to stay humble and attentive.  Not self condemning or pressing.  Keeping the lines of communication open between myself and the Father.  No matter who I feel myself to be, the Father
Over me before I was sanctified, he loved me as a sinner.

To see God work, what I need is a clear understanding of who I am in him.  Saved and sanctified, pure in his eyes.  No place for condemnation nor self loathing.  He wants to use me for what he has planned for me, not for what I feel he has planned or think he has planned.
All glory to him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by shedding his blood for us.  He has made us a Kingdom of priests for God his Father. All glory and power to him forever and ever! Amen.

jiminpa

Quote from: Bryan on November 07, 2016, 07:13:31 PM
I sometimes wonder if I missed the boat somewhere to right living and godliness.  I read the books, I believed the testimonies, I believed in God and yet I stayed in the same miserable rut, day after day.  I wonder if in my zeal I still attempted to do something God alone can do.  I have attended many Pentecostal/Charismatic churches and one thing I know for certain is they truly believe they can shout the Holy Spirit down upon people.  That if they get enough people whipped into a frenzy that miracles are sure to follow.  But what does God say about that?

He certainly doesn't denounce it, but rather he says to listen to his voice, follow him, obey his commands.  Jesus himself testified that he did nothing outside of what the Father displayed to him.  How many people could Jesus have ministered to that he didn't because it wasn't the Fathers will for him to do so?

But Bryan... God wants everyone to be healed and saved!  He sure does, but he doesn't want any of his children feeling like that responsibility is theirs alone.  That was my downfall.  I had a habit of asking God everywhere I went, Father... what are you doing here and how can I help?  And when I saw and heard nothing I would wonder what sin I had committed that caused me to be blind and deaf to my Father... surely, our faith was never meant to cause such distress and anxiety.

What I believe is the proper way is to stay humble and attentive.  Not self condemning or pressing.  Keeping the lines of communication open between myself and the Father.  No matter who I feel myself to be, the Father
Over me before I was sanctified, he loved me as a sinner.

To see God work, what I need is a clear understanding of who I am in him.  Saved and sanctified, pure in his eyes.  No place for condemnation nor self loathing.  He wants to use me for what he has planned for me, not for what I feel he has planned or think he has planned.
I agree, wholeheartedly. 
I used to worry and stress and strive to "do my part," never believing that I had done enough of "my part."  Now I see my part as casting it off on Him, doing what I believe He is giving me, and letting it just be His problem.  I don't have to fix everything, but I get to work along side of God.

Go Up