• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
November 21, 2019, 01:16:08 am

We Need Each Other

Started by Pete, August 28, 2008, 06:56:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete

So how many times have we thought to ourselves, "Our church would be a whole let better off if ______ weren't here"?

I'll confess, I've thought it.  And then I've even go so far as to say when they left, "See there?  It is better without them!"

Or have we ever thought more highly of ourselves than we ought to think?  Condescending to others we don't think are at the same "level" as we are?

What spurred this line of thought for me is the topic of "honor", which we began discussing at church last night.

I think too many times, we start thinking that we're all that and a cookie, without even realizing it.  We quite often fail to give proper honor and respect to one another, to our pastors, to our government officials, the list goes on and on..

But God's beginning to show me, we really do need each other.  I need you.  You need me.  That's how God created us.   We can not say to any part of the body, no matter how much they irritate us, "I have no need of you."  In doing so, we dishonor them, and in turn, dishonor God.

This song by Sanctus Real says it all.  We really do need each other;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPm1sk-utjQ
"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

lovesblessing

August 28, 2008, 07:02:54 pm #1 Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 08:20:11 pm by lovesblessing
Please remember that when you read my newest posts in the Merry heart thread........nevermind.....I edited my post.

Don't want to shock everybody in here!
Faith is having a good opinion of God!

Sarah

This song just cuts right to my spirit.  I think it needs to be our national motto!  I love this song.
Embraced by the loving arms of the Father....