December 17, 2018, 05:23:03 AM

Rodney Howard Browne

Started by Yitzchak, February 10, 2014, 05:53:37 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Yitzchak

      Sometimes when I wake up in the middle of the night and feel restless I watch Sid Roth because his show is on at 3 am in our area. So the other night , I watched Sid Roth and his guest was Rodney Hoard Browne. It was interesting to hear him interviewed. I have heard of him a little here and there but never really looked at his ministry closely.

     One of the interesting things that he said was that in his early years he saw that many had the Holy Spirit in their ministry , but lacked the fire. He mentioned the scripture passage...

QuoteMat 3:11  I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:


   
  Anyway , he said that he set himself to desperately seek The Lord for 11 months and seemed to attribute this to taking his ministry to a higher level. given his track record and all the other Ministries which speak highly of his ministry , I thought it was interesting.

   I only caught the last several minutes of the show . So i am downloading the podcast on Itunes today and will listen to it later tonight.

   Any comments on the baptism of fire or on Rodney Howard Browne ??

   

     
To know him and to make him known

DiscipleHeLovesToo

and excellent question about the 'fire' Jesus referred to - i've wondered about this myself.  i don't have clear scripture, but i tend to think the 'fire' referred to is persecution - not that persecution is in any way from God, but that persecution endured does make me more sure of my own spiritual rebirth, because there's nothing in my flesh that ever wants to endure persecution!  :)


'life is a fire that melts everyone, but you get to choose the mold that you're poured into'
-Andrew Womack
Joh 17:3  And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

bill16652

fire refines and purifies much as the Holy Spirit will do in our lives if we allow it.

Stratguy

At the risk of upsetting anyone...if Rodney Howard Browne or any of the other Benny Hinn's, Creflo Dollars or Kenneth Copelands of this world were in my town I'd be calling in a bomb scare to keep as many gullible people as possible away from them.

Demon-possessed angels of light every one of them...and that's being kind.  :hugegrin:

But check it out for yourself...look at the fruit of their ministry....look at the medically proven and documented 'miracles'...look at the TEACHING and weigh it against scripture....look at the way they conduct their finances....look at the background & roots of their theological traditions e.g. where did they get their beliefs from?

...and once you've done this you will be very clear on whether you want to give them any time at all.

Optimax

The only scriptural evidence of a baptism of fire .

1 Cor 3:12-15

12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
KJV

Yitzchak

Quote from: Optimax on February 19, 2014, 08:49:31 AM
The only scriptural evidence of a baptism of fire .

1 Cor 3:12-15

12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
KJV


Rodney Howard Browne refers to this passage in Matthew when speaking of a baptism of fire. The Passage in Matthew separates three different baptisms. The one with water , the one with the Holy Ghost and the one with fire.

QuoteMat 3:11  I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:


QuoteLuk 3:16  John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:


QuoteAct 2:3  And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
To know him and to make him known

Optimax

The verses in Corinthians speaks of that fire baptism.

andrea411

Quote from: Stratguy on February 19, 2014, 07:00:12 AM
At the risk of upsetting anyone...if Rodney Howard Browne or any of the other Benny Hinn's, Creflo Dollars or Kenneth Copelands of this world were in my town I'd be calling in a bomb scare to keep as many gullible people as possible away from them.

Demon-possessed angels of light every one of them...and that's being kind.  :hugegrin:

But check it out for yourself...look at the fruit of their ministry....look at the medically proven and documented 'miracles'...look at the TEACHING and weigh it against scripture....look at the way they conduct their finances....look at the background & roots of their theological traditions e.g. where did they get their beliefs from?

...and once you've done this you will be very clear on whether you want to give them any time at all.

How many thousands of people have you had the opportunity to share Christ with? When you want to keep people away from the word of God spoken by whomever you disagree with, do you ask the Lord what He thinks about their finances? The fruit of their ministry should be measured in the eternities they effect not in the $$ you see.... its fine if you give you $$ to Bill Gates for a computer or to someone or go to a movie and give money to one of those unholy hollywood folks but OMG don't give any to Benny Hinn. Who has actually brought the gospel to hundreds of thousands.
Hey, its not my thing, TBN sometimes leaves me shaking my head, I can't watch Dollar or White ??? she makes me crazy.... I like Copeland somewhat but Hinn bothers me too BUT when I took it to prayer... the Lord spoke. "What is that to you"!!! and He wasn't kidding. The roots of their theological teachings are more grounded in scripture than John MacArthur's.
Paul said, the gospel is preached bc for all kinds of reasons, sometimes they enjoyed his suffering, sometimes for selfish ambition, YET he praised God bc the gospel was preached.....

Stratguy

February 20, 2014, 05:19:47 AM #8 Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 06:45:30 AM by Stratguy
I had a whole lot of youtube links and articles etc, but then realise that I'm getting into one of those 'this the truth NO THAT'S THE TRUTH' arguments which won't do us any good.

My original reply is a belief that I hold high, but I expressed it likely without much grace, so apologies - I need to learn to build up instead of fire those awesome 'bullets of truth'.

:tt:

Yitzchak

Quote from: Stratguy on February 20, 2014, 05:19:47 AM
I had a whole lot of youtube links and articles etc, but then realise that I'm getting into one of those 'this the truth NO THAT'S THE TRUTH' arguments which won't do us any good.

My original reply is a belief that I hold high, but I expressed it likely without much grace, so apologies - I need to learn to build up instead of fire those awesome 'bullets of truth'.

:tt:



   I have not followed his ministry very closely . But I have heard about him quite a but through second hand sources. Many say really good things about him and some say some bad. I guess we could say that he is a very controversial figure. Without looking into the details more closely , I can only give my gut feeling.

    I do appreciate the feedback , both positive and negative. I also appreciate showing some reserve in making harsh judgments but I hope that does not prevent honest input either..
To know him and to make him known

Go Up