• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
November 21, 2019, 01:14:39 am

Yesterday...

Started by jiminpa, November 04, 2013, 01:29:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flaglady

Quote from: jiminpa on December 11, 2013, 07:04:47 am
Plus I got pulled over for speeding in a construction zone, when I was watching the construction more than my speedometer.  Seriously, I didn't believe him when he told me a was speeding.  The upside is that I have intentionally calmed way down behind the wheel.

A dear friend of mine is due in court soon for a driving offence. He was negotiating a corner and wary of some small kids horsing around on the edge of the pavement, heard/felt a thud on the other side of the vehicle, stopped and got out of his van to investigate to find he had hit an elderly man. He phoned for the police, got arrested, taken in for questioning, had his van and all his tools impounded and spent the night in a cell. The old man died the next day. That was last July. This week he's been notified he is being charged with "causing death by driving" and there might be a jail term involved.

The police still have his van and won't let him have his tools and as a result has lost a very valuable contract. I feel so for him as he's a really nice young man, much like Pete with two kids and a mortgage and all. Now everything's  at risk and he could lose it all. I've never prayed so hard for anyone.  "There but for the grace of God ...."

jiminpa

Sometimes all that's left is trusting God no matter what.   
I used to worry and stress and strive to "do my part," never believing that I had done enough of "my part."  Now I see my part as casting it off on Him, doing what I believe He is giving me, and letting it just be His problem.  I don't have to fix everything, but I get to work along side of God.

flaglady

Indeed, except sadly he doesn't know God.