• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

An awesome testimony of a word and some prayer I received yesterday at church

Started by Stephen Worrell, August 26, 2008, 12:27:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Worrell

Grace and I have been attending this church a little bit called "Fountain Of Love Christian Center" in Pomona, California.  [It's where Grace's mom and stepdad attend.]  Anyway, it's very like the church I attended in North Carolina.  The people are loving and friendly, the spirit is good, the worship is real, the preaching is dynamic and anointed, the pastor has a real heart for God, and just so many other things.

One thing that stood out in my mind is that when I went there, a whole bunch of black members of the church were so friendly to me, and everyone was saying how good it was to have me there.  They spoke to me more than whites have in some of the churches I'm used to attending.

Well, the Lord spoke to me during the service, "Go up and get prayer for healing, and you will receive so much more than that."  I have been hurting in my intestines / stomach and have had some problems in my throat.  So I wanted to go up for healing.

Well, the pastor didn't call for healing at the altar.  So I stayed in my seat.

But I went up to meet him after church, and Grace was with me.

We told him we're getting married, began to talk to him about our search for a church, the issues I've had with my stomach, et cetera, and asked him to pray for us.

He didn't just pray!!!!!!!  WOW!!!!!!!

He began to say that Grace and I are going to win thousands of souls as a couple, and that we have a great call on our lives.  Then he began to pray for me about my stomach and throat, rebuking the spirit of infirmity, and then he started rebuking the fear of early death.  I just began to break down in sobs and sobs.  My best friend died because of a car accident Thanksgiving Weekend 1996 [Saturday, 11/30/1996] , and ever since then, I have been fighting with this fear of early death in the back of my mind.  I don't think I ever even told anyone on forums.  It's been a big secret for like forever.  I hardly even told Grace barely a little bit about it.

I knew it could only be God ministering to me through that man!!!

He rebuked the fear and told me not to be afraid as he continued blessing me and speaking life over me as I just sat down very hard on the pew of the church weeping as I have not wept in a long time, as God was bringing that stuff out of me.  It was miraculous and awesome.  I have felt tremendously better.

But the pastor kept speaking to us about us having greatness as well, which the Lord has been reminding me of lately.

I rejoice in His goodness.  God is so good.

lovesblessing

Amen! 

God is so wonderful and He loves you and Gracie so very much.

Keep leaning on Jesus and you'll never go wrong!

Faith is having a good opinion of God!

flaglady

Oh wow! I'm so pleased for you, Stephen. What a wonderful experience. God bless you!

sharonl

Wonderful - healing in more ways than one - physically, mentally and spiritually.
Diamonds From Heaven - help for the hurting heart
http://gentle.org/sites/diamonds/
Beautiful gifts - the men love them http://chopsknives.com

Pete

"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

charityagape

Hisgirl

Amen!  I love hearing of Spirit led prayer and intercession...it's so effective!  Praise God for that!
"It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."  My Mama

flyingsum0

Sarah

Your sorrow turned to joy...what a blessing!  Thanks for sharing.
Embraced by the loving arms of the Father....

cryofthenation

Awesome my friend. I pray you find the healing you need.
:rejoice:
Sounds like a really cool pastor, we need more like him!

God bless

Simon

Stephen Worrell

Thank you all!!!!  Wish there was a thumbsup smiley.

Oh, well :thumbsup:

Pete

Stephen Worrell

Pete

Stephen Worrell

charityagape

Pete

Check out the yellow ones!  They're so excited, they can't decide whether they should be yellow or orange!

Sarah

Embraced by the loving arms of the Father....

sharonl

Quote from: Stephen Worrell on August 26, 2008, 07:18:03 pm
OOPS

Me no see Mr. Smiley Morelink

Click on the smiley - 3rd row - another menu comes up - It  shows page 1 - 2 and some errors in yellow - that is the more link.
Diamonds From Heaven - help for the hurting heart
http://gentle.org/sites/diamonds/
Beautiful gifts - the men love them http://chopsknives.com

The Lord is my banner