• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
November 22, 2019, 10:53:04 am

plugging into the power supply

Started by DiscipleHeLovesToo, September 08, 2012, 08:13:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DiscipleHeLovesToo

well said Brother!!!!

and it brings out yet another law of faith - faith is always indicated by joy

(Joh 17:13 KJVR) And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.

(Neh 8:10 KJVR) Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the LORD is your strength.

so if you have no joy, you're not in faith.  the way to get joy is to think on God's faithfulness and goodness in past struggles - if you can't think of any at the time, you can always fall back on the fact that you've missed hell :)

what's another 'law of faith' that will help us plug into the power supply?

GLY!!!
Joh 17:3  And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Optimax

The law of faith!

We know there is one.

Paul said so!

Rom 3:27
Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith .  KJV

Want to know what the law of faith is?

Paul told us that as well!

2 Cor 4:13
We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;  KJV

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Amen Brother!

yes - belief in the heart will come out of the mouth - faith!   speaking is the greatest act of faith!  so then when we are in faith we speak things in line with God's promise that we are beliving in.  this is not to say that we ignore the current  reality of the carnal world - but that after we speak the transitory facts of the moment, we speak the truth of God's eternal promise that will change the current facts - 'if we faint not'

all the laws we've talked about so far (and many more) can be rolled into what Paul refers to in Romans as well:

Romans 3:19-28 KJVR
(19) Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
(20) Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
(21) But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
(22) Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
(23) For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
(24) Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
(25) Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
(26) To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
(27) Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
(28) Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

all these laws we've discussed are part of Paul's 'the law of faith' - that because Jesus has redeemed us by God's grace, our belief in this with His faith that He gave us gives us the same access to all of God's blessings that Jesus has!!!

therefore we have no reason to boast about our own performance because the law of faith ignores our performance and rests solely on our belief in His performance!

but how do we recognize when we are believing in Him?  the laws of faith we have discussed are given to us as guides; 'lines and signs on the straight and narrow' if you will.  and there are more of them.

for example, patience is an always-present companion of faith:

Hebrews 6:10-12 KJVR
(10) For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labor of love, which ye have showed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.
(11) And we desire that every one of you do show the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:
(12) That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

belief can exist for a short time, but effective faith requires patience (although it isn't always necessary to fully exercise patience, thank God!).

effective faith persists until the thing promised is realized - faith persists until...

what's another law of faith?

GLY!!!
Joh 17:3  And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Optimax

Great Word!

More Life changing info when received and acted on.

That brings up another important part of living by faith or by the law of faith.

The OT tells us about it.

The NT tells us about it.

Jesus told us about it.

Jesus said that a person that only hears the word but does not do it has no foundation and will fall in the face of life storms.

Jesus said that a person that does the word has a strong foundation and will stand in the face of life storms.

Matt 7:24-27

24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand :

27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.  KJV

James said that a person who hears the word but does not do it deceives them selves, is like a man that looks in a mirror and then goes to the day's activities and immediately forgets who he really is.

But the person that does the word heard is blessed in what they do!

James 1:22-25

22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer , he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:

24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.

25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.  KJV

The OT even get into the "act"!

Want to make your way prosperous and have good success in life?

Read, meditate on the word of God and "observe" to do it!

Be a doer of the word!

Josh 1:8
This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.  KJV

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Amen Brother!

since faith is believing God, i can't be in faith if i don't take His instructions seriously and act on them.  if i merely focus on the 'do's and dont's' i see in the written word, i fall under the Law; but if i use these written instructions to perceive God's decision-by-decision leading through fellowship with Him, i'll come over whatever lies the devil and his bunch try to put in my way.

the way to be blessed in what i do is to do what God directs me to do - these actions are already blessed because they come from Him.

Matthew 9:2 KJVR
(2) And, behold, they brought to him a man sick of the palsy, lying on a bed: and Jesus seeing their faith said unto the sick of the palsy; Son, be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee.

here's another one; if you're in guilt and condemnation, you can't be in faith - faith has it's foundation in complete forgiveness - if i'm condemning myself over something i've thought about, i'm not believing in the forgiveness Jesus purchased for me - so if i'm in unbelief on this most important act of faith, i must be in unbelief on lesser acts of faith. i think this is what Jesus was pointing out in Mat 9:2 - if the man sick of the palsy could believe that he was forgiven, he could also believe that he was healed - the first step to his healing was for him to believe that he was forgiven.

Romans 8:1-14 KJVR
(1) There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
(2) For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
(3) For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
(4) That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
(5) For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
(6) For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
(7) Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
(8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
(9) But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
(10) And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
(11) But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
(12) Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
(13) For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
(14) For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

GLY!!!

Optimax

The last verse you quoted introduces another "must have" for unfeigned faith which is true faith.

(14) For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Faith is believing and acting on the word of God.

One does not act on God's Word until the are led by the Spirit of God to do so.

That is explained a few verses later.

How does the Spirit of God lead us?

The Holy Spirit "witnesses" with our spirit.

Rom 8:16
The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: KJV

Just as The Holy Spirit bears witness with our spirit that we are the children of God.

So, He bears witness with our spirit about all things in life.

He is our Helper and He Helps us by bearing witness with our spirit about the questions and issues of Life.

DiscipleHeLovesToo

well said Brother!  too often we slip into trying to 'do the <written> word' without checking for the interpretation and leading of the Holy Spirit.  it's following the leading that makes 'doing the word' effective

and you bring up yet another law of faith - faith must be unfeigned; 'feigned' faith is false faith.  a good example is what Keith Moore calls the three types of confessions:

the confession of convenience - saying something that sounds like faith simply because everyone else is saying it, without really basing the confession in belief in God's Holy Spirit-revealed word; this is feigned faith

the confession of convincing - seeing the truth in God's word intellectually without believing it in the heart (yet) - this is actually faith in action (if the motive is not fear) - hearing one's own confession of intellectual belief in God's word can fight one's own unbelief and release 'heart faith' which is true faith.  but if the motive is fear of bad things happening if we fail to confess faith (actions instead of intent; fear as the foundation rather than love) - then this is also feigned faith

the confession of conviction - boldly speaking God's word as truth in spite of all reports otherwise based on Holy Spirit revelation of God's word and by His leading - this is true faith

GLY!!!

Optimax

Quote from: DiscipleHeLovesToo on September 29, 2012, 09:51:02 am
well said Brother!  too often we slip into trying to 'do the <written> word' without checking for the interpretation and leading of the Holy Spirit.  it's following the leading that makes 'doing the word' effective

and you bring up yet another law of faith - faith must be unfeigned; 'feigned' faith is false faith.  a good example is what Keith Moore calls the three types of confessions:

the confession of convenience - saying something that sounds like faith simply because everyone else is saying it, without really basing the confession in belief in God's Holy Spirit-revealed word; this is feigned faith

the confession of convincing - seeing the truth in God's word intellectually without believing it in the heart (yet) - this is actually faith in action (if the motive is not fear) - hearing one's own confession of intellectual belief in God's word can fight one's own unbelief and release 'heart faith' which is true faith.  but if the motive is fear of bad things happening if we fail to confess faith (actions instead of intent; fear as the foundation rather than love) - then this is also feigned faith

the confession of conviction - boldly speaking God's word as truth in spite of all reports otherwise based on Holy Spirit revelation of God's word and by His leading - this is true faith

GLY!!!

Amen!

That bears repeating, as it is so important to understand!

I listen to Keith also!!!!

Anyone that wants can download a goldmine of the Word from his website.

http://www.moorelife.org/freedownloads.php

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Keith (like me and everyone else in a flesh body) doesn't have complete knowledge of all things spiritual, but he has faith - you can tell when you listen to his messages.

and the one i'd recommend to start with is the one he started with when he started faith life church:

http://www.moorelife.org/listseries.php?xml=rss/TruthOrTradition.xml

this teaching series solidified what God had already been telling me for years about how to tell when i'm hearing good faith-based teaching and preaching.

GLY!!!

Optimax

Quote from: Optimax on September 30, 2012, 08:44:37 am
Amen!

That bears repeating, as it is so important to understand!

I listen to Keith also!!!!

Anyone that wants can download a goldmine of the Word from his website.

http://www.moorelife.org/freedownloads.php

More on unfeigned faith!

2 Tim 1:5
When I call to remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice; and I am persuaded that in thee also. KJV

The word translated "unfeigned is NT:505

73.8 NT:505
pertaining to being genuine and sincere, and hence lacking in pretense or show - 'genuine, sincere.'
(from Greek-English Lexicon Based on Semantic Domain. Copyright © 1988
United Bible Societies, New York. Used by permission.)

For Paul to have mentioned unfeigned faith. Faith that is genuine, sincere.
Then there is also faith that is not genuine or sincere.

Wuest says it is "unhypocritical faith".

2 Tim 1:3
having been reminded of the unhypocritical faith which is in you, which is of such a nature as to have been at home first in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice, and concerning which I have come to a settled persuasion is at home in you also;
(from The New Testament: An Expanded Translation by Kenneth S. Wuest Copyright © 1961 by Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co. All rights reserved.)

A hypocrite is defined as a pretender.

hyp·o·crite [híppə krìt]
(plural hyp·o·crites) n

somebody feigning high principles: somebody who pretends to have admirable principles, beliefs, or feelings but behaves otherwise
A person who feigns faith speaks things that sound right.

Many will be deceived and think "how spiritual and strong in faith that person is".

However time always brings to light those who act, pretending to live by faith.

Usually by some disaster in their lives.

There are other "pretend" faiths we will bring up later.

We must learn what faith is, how it works, and how to do faith on purpose so that our faith, like Timothy's is unfeigned!

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Good words Brother!  Well said!!!

the self-righteous pharisees are the best examples of fake faith; they would be welcome in any modern church (for a while at least) because of their carefully crafted outward righteousness - but Jesus saw them as they were - 'whited tombs full of dead men's bones'

this is something i think we need to camp on for a bit - fake faith and how to tell if that's what i'm depending on.

here's a tell-tale sign - am i waiting for God to do something more; or am i at rest, defending my mind against the evil reports based on what i believe God has already done - what do you think?

GLY!!!

Optimax

Don't know if anyone beside You and I are getting anything out of this, but I sure am.

"Kicking" the word back and forth is good practice! :D

DiscipleHeLovesToo

me too Brother!  and you are faithful to God to do so!

i can tell this now because i'm almost over it - a boil on my back.  i can tell you that i have a new appreciation for what Job suffered.  it started out as a small bump on my back near the spine that i could just barely reach, and see only with 2 mirrors; that was about six months ago.  i didn't think too much about it and it didn't bother me, so i just forgot about it - bad idea looking back; when the devil tries to slip something on me i need to fight it right from the start; lesson learned!

anyway about a month and a half ago it got a lot bigger, to the point where i could feel it when i would sit back in a chair or while driving.  so i cursed it in the name of Jesus and tried not to think about it (i failed to move to step 2 of faith though).  then about a month ago it got worse; it started hurting and turned red - it was about the size of a golf ball by then - and it wasn't long before i couldn't lean back in a chair or lay on my back without feeling like there was a dull knife sticking me; driving to work became dull torture.

so i sought God; asked Him where my unbelief was with this, and if i needed to go to a doctor to have it lanced.  God is so smart; He's been training me to hear His voice by asking yes/no questions, so when i asked if i needed to go to a doctor, i recognized His quiet 'no'.  this wasn't a command mind you; i could have gone to a doctor and God would still love me just as much - it was merely the answer to the question i asked. 

i began to realize that i wasn't meditating on God's promises of divine health and healing - i was focused on this bump (which didn't even look like a boil at that time).  this was about the time i felt led to start this post - and you've been faithful to help me keep my mind on Him rather than the boil.  i didn't realize that this was part of God's direction on how to get rid of a boil, but it obviously has been!!!

as far as the boil is concerned, it wasn't getting better so i asked God again if my unbelief was such that i should go to a doctor - and again the quiet 'no'.  so i got quiet and it occurred to me that it was acting like a boil instead of a bump, and the local drug store probably sold something over-the-counter to help draw it to a head and drain (sorry if this is too gross); so i went to the local Walgreen's, walked back to the pharmacy, and to my surprise there were no customers there - it's usually packed with folks waiting for their prescriptions.  the pharmacist asked if he could help me, i said 'what have you got for a boil?', and he immediately reached to a nearby shelf and grabbed a tube of what looks like asphalt and told me to put this stuff on it.  as i drove home, i realized i didn't ask God about this, so i asked Him if i should use this stuff, and immediately the quiet 'yes'.  looking back, i figure it was Him that suggested i go to the drug store to begin with.

anyway, that stuff worked, and it drained for about a week off and on, and is now finally getting well.

so never underestimate the importance of discussing faith Brother - you've been a HUGE help to me!!!

which brings up another law of faith - God will always try to lead me to a 'faith buddy' who will agree with me about trusting Him:

Matthew 18:19-20 KJVR
(19) Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.
(20) For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 KJVR
(9) Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labor.
(10) For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up.
(11) Again, if two lie together, then they have heat: but how can one be warm alone?
(12) And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken.

i love it when the three of us get together like this Brother!!!

GLY!!!