• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
February 20, 2020, 06:44:37 pm

Check Mate

Started by Miss D Meaner, August 04, 2012, 07:19:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Miss D Meaner

I believe that God has probably put each of us into a position of check mate at some stage in our walk with Him.  I thought I would share an experience of mine in the hope others would share their experiences and the valuable lesson/s they learned from it.

I am a person who tends toward logic, analysis etc.  This has also led to a tendency toward legalism.  God was trying to deal with me on this once.  I cannot remember the particulars of this situation but I was really trying to get my head around something.  I think it may have had to do with the price Jesus paid.  Something along the lines of How can God allow Jesus to do that and still be just?  I know that is so obvious to most but it was one I struggled with for a very long time.  God then started using my own tactics and approach to things against me and I had the following conversation with the Lord in my spirit.

God: Leah, is earth (the soil) dead or alive?
Leah: It's dead.
God: Then how can life come out of it?  Death cannot produce life.
Leah: So then it's alive.
God: If it were alive how can dead stuff become it?

God used these simple questions to bring me to a point of things are not simply black and white (categories I tried to push things into).  Even now He reminds me of this conversation when I start going back to the old way of doing things.  Challenging but it was a good point.

DiscipleHeLovesToo

as i continue in faith school (that is this earthly life), i gain more and more understanding of how much smarter God is than me :)

i used to struggle with the concept of the 'trinity' - 'the three are one and the one are three' doctrine.  the more i tried to understand it, the more confusing it became to me.  then one day as i pondered this, i just came right out and asked God to help me understand - God asked me a simple question - 'where does confusion come from?' - i answered 'the devil'

as i pondered this over the following years, i kept asking Him to explain this to me.  then one day He led me to this scripture:

Joh 10:30
(30) I and my Father are one. 

i had read this scripture before, but as i read it this time, He asked me this: 'why didn't Jesus say that 'I and my Father are 2 of 3'?

but i'd had this trinity doctrine pounded in my head all my life, so i still wasn't sure i had heard from God; so one day He led me to two scriptures:

Gen 1:27
(27) So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

1Th 5:23
(23) And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 

Spirit - God the Father
Soul - the Holy Spirit
Body - Jesus

One God; three ways that man relates to Him.

checkmate.

GLY!!!

Joh 17:3  And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

jiminpa

Quote from: DiscipleHeLovesToo on August 06, 2012, 06:39:37 pm

Gen 1:27
(27) So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

1Th 5:23
(23) And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 

Spirit - God the Father
Soul - the Holy Spirit
Body - Jesus

One God; three ways that man relates to Him.

checkmate.

GLY!!!
One problem: I assume the Spirit is the spirit, leaving The Father to be the Soul, but other than that--it's how I see it.  The reformationists would tell us we have it all wrong, but eh.  God is one, yet God is Father, Spirit, Jesus.  We don't really understand it.  No problem. 
I used to worry and stress and strive to "do my part," never believing that I had done enough of "my part."  Now I see my part as casting it off on Him, doing what I believe He is giving me, and letting it just be His problem.  I don't have to fix everything, but I get to work along side of God.

DiscipleHeLovesToo

consider it 'dannyology' - i based it on John 4:24

but i like your view too - and as you well said, it's no problem

GLYB!!!
Joh 17:3  And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.