• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
October 23, 2019, 07:55:58 pm

Sid Roth?

Started by JTM³, November 23, 2011, 01:23:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JTM³

I generally like Sid Roth but I think he gets a little goofy sometimes.

I like his emphasis on the supernatural and I am NOT going to be a heresy hunter, I'm just not sure about some of his episodes.

What do you think about this:

http://www.sidroth.org/site/News2?abbr=tv_&page=NewsArticle&id=10689

I have to say though, I would love try that Tonoscope experiment.

[spoiler]

Job got HEALED, and YOU can be too!!

Pro tip: Read to the END of the book. Not just man's ideas. They're usually wrong. =P

Jesus = The revealed will of God for all people for all time.
[/spoiler]

JTM³

No one? :-\

Just want some other opinions..

[spoiler]

Pro tip: Read to the END of the book. Not just man's ideas. They're usually wrong. =P

[/spoiler]

DianeL

I do enjoy watching Sid Roth, some of the guest are well, different, just the other day it was about the violinist who when she plays, some people are healed, thought that was a little strange, but then I saw people worshipping while she played, then it made sense, it's just a way to worship, same as praying in Hebrew, just a way to pray. Getting people engaged with God.

I'm glad his show is on the air, it's different and like you said, I also like his emphasis on the supernatural.
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. John 13

DiscipleHeLovesToo

"...miracle power contained in the supernatural language of Hebrew"

I like Sid; he's excited about God and wants people to know God is good.  i saw an episode where he was interviewing a man who believed he had received the gift of translation - being carried by the Spirit to another place.  as i watched, Sid asked the man to demonstrate translation.  they joined hands, the man prayed, and then he began to describe a place that he said he was translated to at that moment; he said he could see Sid there too, but when he asked Sid if he had also experienced translation, Sid said no, that he didn't experience anything at all - an awkward silence followed...i like Sid

i went to a small church for a while that was led by a man who craved to see miracles.  one sunday he brought a prayer shawl and a showfar (ram's horn).  he honestly believed that when he blew this horn in church that miracles would happen.  he blew the horn multiple times; it was a small building and the thing was really loud; and nothing happened - another awkward silence.

miracles happen when we hear God's instruction for the moment and follow it without hesitation; miracles are accessed through fellowship with God based exclusively on what He has done.  when we do something like this on our own, our faith is in what we do, and the only result will be an awkward silence.

GLY!!!
Joh 17:3  And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

JTM³

Quote from: DianeL on November 24, 2011, 06:30:51 am
I do enjoy watching Sid Roth, some of the guest are well, different, just the other day it was about the violinist who when she plays, some people are healed, thought that was a little strange, but then I saw people worshipping while she played, then it made sense, it's just a way to worship, same as praying in Hebrew, just a way to pray. Getting people engaged with God.

I'm glad his show is on the air, it's different and like you said, I also like his emphasis on the supernatural.

Yeah, I also thought that was a rerun, I know I've seen her on the front page before. :shrug:

I loved it when he had Chuck Missler on though. That was great.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

DianeL

Oh yeah, I like listening to Chuck Missler as well, matter of fact they have archived his "Learn the Bible" series on God.Tv online under "on Demand", great stuff, so interesting.
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. John 13

AudioArtist

I love the idea of God using violin playing or music to bring about healing. It's more exciting to me than Paul's handkerchiefs, anyway!

Sid Roth's show is really cheesy in terms of production/presentation, but I do think he's genuine. Dr. Michael L Brown made it to his show (one of my favourite scholars/apologists and a leader in the Brownsville revival.)

DiscipleHeLovesToo

watching Sid's program always causes me to 'think outside of the box' - which is what i think he's really trying to do.  like the 'translation' thing - all things are possible with God, so maybe this is an area that's been overlooked/ignored - this guy might actually be able to be translated by faith to some other physical location for all i know.  on the downside, it will cost me to hear more - there's always something for sale on Sid's show - so the poor are disqualified from knowing more about the 'truths' that are discussed - this gives the program an air of 'infomercial' for me

GLY!!!
Joh 17:3  And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.