• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
November 17, 2019, 08:32:41 pm

What Changes Would You Make?

Started by churchlady, August 23, 2008, 12:55:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GiantSlayer23

I would love to have a larger children's ministry and a youth ministry.  It's hard when 2/3rds of the class is your own kids.  I think that we all need that boldness that Sarah was talking about.  Being bold and standing up for God, no matter where we are, at home, at work or at church. 

:hugegrin:
May His Grace surround you and His Love keep you!

Truth

Quote from: goofy on April 29, 2009, 08:14:37 am
we have a big church, (3K on Easter) so when everybody does something it takes a bit longer than it would in a small church. i'd like to see a more free spirit in our church as well. I'd like to see flags and dance incorporated in the worship and praise section.
On Palm Sunday anyone who wanted to picked up a palm frond and carried it into worship service. our worship leader had songs picked out and said that we should feel free to wave our palm fronds if we wanted to. you should have seen everyone waving them! More people felt free to wave those than we usually see hands waving, so the possibility is there to open up a bit.

personally i'd like to open up a whole lot! I have a real problem keeping my hands still during worship and praise because all the flag movements keep going thru my head. ;D

I'd love to have the flags and dance troup as a regular part of worship. I'd love to see the great big "Jesus" banner being waved over the worshipers and the dancers leading people up and down the aisles in celebration, and to release the joy and blessing in praise to God. But our congregation and clergy comes from all sorts of backgrounds, and there are some who just aren't comfortable with celebrating during worship. :(

I've seen people worship like they had a flag but its just their hands and arms moving

Truth

Hey goofy, the way you talk about flags, maybe you are related to flaglady

;)

j4gong

Quote from: Sarah on April 29, 2009, 05:17:02 pm
Why do you think you will mess them up? 

You might just need to take a step and see where is leads.  Pray about it and He will answer you.  ^-^

i think it is because i just know inside the bible, i can't quote it or even tell you were a lot of the verses are, i just know, know what i mean. i have the life knowledge of what the bible says, not the study, scholar knowledge.
Our Father who is in Heaven, holy is your name. Your kingdom come Your will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven! Thank you God for all the wonderful blessings in my life.

Sarah

Ok........ :shifty: .........I think you are overestimating the other workers.

I'm not saying that as a whole there isn't knowledge, but that's why we get the lessons in advance so we can prepare.  Most of the workers just want to love on the kids and help them learn the bible.  There are things I read that I never knew were in there when I'm preparing for a lesson. 

I just don't want you to think we are so far above, and you are beneath, because you aren't.  It is an adjustment to get into a routine with the kids, but it's not hard.  We have a good group of kids.

Edit:  I didn't mean to edit this post but I did and I'm not taking it back.
Embraced by the loving arms of the Father....

j4gong

i ment the kids, not the other workers . does that make sense now. i think you guys do a wonderful job with the kids. :hugegrin: :hug:
Our Father who is in Heaven, holy is your name. Your kingdom come Your will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven! Thank you God for all the wonderful blessings in my life.

Pete

Quote from: j4gong on April 30, 2009, 03:03:49 pm

i think it is because i just know inside the bible, i can't quote it or even tell you were a lot of the verses are, i just know, know what i mean. i have the life knowledge of what the bible says, not the study, scholar knowledge.

Dude, sometimes I have a hard time remembering where John 3:16 is.   :D

O0
"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

goofy

Quote from: JJ on April 30, 2009, 12:18:03 am
Hey goofy, the way you talk about flags, maybe you are related to flaglady

flaglady is much  more experienced and competent at flags than i am. i'm still learning, but thanks.

;)

Truth

Quote from: j4gong on April 29, 2009, 10:41:08 am

I know God wants to use me in our church, i just don't know where.

What's in your heart? What do you like? What do you feel drawn to? What is it you can't seem to get your mind off of concerning  spiritual matters?

Truth

Quote from: sharonl on April 29, 2009, 09:54:18 am
I was excited to see this thread - I thought Churchlady was back - has anyone heard from her - I miss her posts.

Sorry sharonl
It was only me. I have been going back  through all the threads  posting on the ones that looked interesting

j4gong

Quote from: JJ on April 30, 2009, 08:52:14 pm
What's in your heart? What do you like? What do you feel drawn to? What is it you can't seem to get your mind off of concerning  spiritual matters?

my heart is in emotional, mental and spiritual healing. there are so many people hurting out in the world and in the church. i have been through so much in my life, that i can relate to other peoples hurts and confusion with God. i know that God has let me go through all that i have so that i can help others heal.

Truth

Quote from: j4gong on April 30, 2009, 09:10:12 pm

my heart is in emotional, mental and spiritual healing. there are so many people hurting out in the world and in the church. i have been through so much in my life, that i can relate to other peoples hurts and confusion with God. i know that God has let me go through all that i have so that i can help others heal.

There's your answer.

j4gong

i know that that is the answer, what i don't know is the how.

Truth

Quote from: j4gong on April 30, 2009, 11:13:48 pm
i know that that is the answer, what i don't know is the how.

Pray about it and then talk to someone maybe the pastor or a leader among the women, and go from there. How is anyone going to know what God has called you for and put in your heart if you don't tell them?

j4gong

some know and are trying to help. there is a lot that i am passionate about. the hard part is the fully knowing that i am good enough with and through christ

Truth

It has nothing it do with being good enough. Its just  being available and saying Lord I'll do whatever you say. Then HIS power and ability will flow through you. Otherwise you will be trying to do it in yourself and that never works

Truth

Quote from: j4gong on April 30, 2009, 11:27:55 pm
the hard part is the fully knowing that i am good enough with and through christ

I think by the way you said this here, the struggle is  because the emphsis is still on I, even though you said with and through Christ  :)   

j4gong

what i ment by that was i don't want to mess up the message God may have for someone.