• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
October 21, 2019, 08:21:41 am

Do we make things happen?

Started by Foadle, September 20, 2011, 11:31:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Foadle

Okay so I have been sick for four days now (since Saturday morning my time).  So I went to the doctor on Monday who said I had a chest infection and left untreated this particular infection would almost certainly turn to pneumonia.  She gave me antibiotics and told me I needed to keep my fluids up and get plenty of rest.

So currently it is 1:30am I have been awake since 12am coughing and I don't even really feel tired, though in other ways I am exhausted.  This then concerns me greatly that this could get worse.  To my surprise, the other night, before I went to the doctor the words pneumonia were going through my head and I brushed it off as being wide awake, not well and the mind running rampant as it can at such times.  I have had various colds and flus before and it has never occurred to me before to think extreme like this.  When the doctor suggested it as a possibility I started thinking maybe God was preparing me for her words.

The night before I went to the doctor is when I had these thoughts and in having them suddenly realised I have a very great fear of going back into hospital for any reason.  I was not like this until a couple of years ago when I was admitted for depression and though I have known I had a fear of going back for that reason, I did not realise it was far more wide spread than that.  So in being afraid of it, am I making it happen?

Job said "That which I greatly feared has come upon me" (job 3:25).  Is this now what I am doing?

DiscipleWhomJesusLoves

Personally, I do not think so.

My pastor talked about the verse in Job you mentioned. He said that what has been taught abt that verse is unfortunate becos the teaching has only put more fear in people. All teaching should set people free, not put them in more bondage.

It's bad enough that you already fear something. And for someone to tell you that what you fear will happen only makes things worse--you don't just fear your fear, you fear fearing itself!

Note that in Job's case, he did not have a Mediator. You do, and His name is Jesus. And at the cross, Jesus' blood washed away every one of your sins of fear.

pastorzzub

Quote from: DiscipleWhomJesusLoves on September 21, 2011, 05:30:08 am
Personally, I do not think so.

My pastor talked about the verse in Job you mentioned. He said that what has been taught abt that verse is unfortunate becos the teaching has only put more fear in people. All teaching should set people free, not put them in more bondage.

It's bad enough that you already fear something. And for someone to tell you that what you fear will happen only makes things worse--you don't just fear your fear, you fear fearing itself!

Note that in Job's case, he did not have a Mediator. You do, and His name is Jesus. And at the cross, Jesus' blood washed away every one of your sins of fear.

That's good.  The power of the imagination is at the root of all fear.  We need to programme our imagination to think the best, to imagine a bright future.

Blessings,
Ben

DiscipleHeLovesToo

fear is believing in the devil's ability to steal, kill and destroy. since the devil has no such ability, fear is always based in a lie.  however, when we say something that we believe in our heart, our words have power - whether for good or for evil - if the devil can get us to believe a lie and speak it, he can effectively use the power of our own words against us:

Mark 11:23 KJVR
(23) For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Matthew 12:35-37 KJVR
(35) A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.
(36) But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
(37) For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

the way to fight fear (lies) is to meditate on Truth, casting down thoughts of fear and bringing every thought unto the obedience of Christ ('by whose stripes we were healed' in the case of sickness for example).  while it's always good to be careful what we say, the way to control our words is to control what we think on:

Proverbs 23:6-8 KJVR
(6) Eat thou not the bread of him that hath an evil eye, neither desire thou his dainty meats:
(7) For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee.
(8 The morsel which thou hast eaten shalt thou vomit up, and lose thy sweet words. 

Matthew 15:18 KJVR
(18) But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

Kenneth Hagin used to say something like 'you can't stop a bird from landing on your head, but you can stop the bird from building a nest there'.    having thoughts of fear doesn't mean you are in fear - meditating on those thoughts will lead to speaking that fear - and that's when you're in danger of 'your fear coming upon you' - when you speak the fear (lie) that you believe.

you can have feelings of fear that cause goose bumps to rise up, your hair to stand up, your knees to knock - but you are not in fear until you meditate on it long enough to speak it out of your mouth while believing it in your heart.

where physical healing is concerned (as in all things) - be led.  if you perceive that God is leading you to go the hospital - by all means go - but not because of fear - because of trust in God that He is your physical salvation as well as your spiritual salvation.  if you perceive that God is leading you to not go to the hospital - by all means don't go - but not because of fear - because of trust in God that He is your physical salvation as well as your spiritual salvation.

and when all else fails, trust in His mercy and grace - He loves you and wants the best for you always; and if your mind is stayed on Him, you are not in fear:

Isaiah 26:3 KJVR
(3) Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

1 John 4:16-18 KJVR
(16) And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
(17) Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.
(18) There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Hebrews 4:14-16 KJVR
(14) Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
(15) For we have not a high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
(16) Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. 

GLY!!!

Joh 17:3  And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Daughter of the King

The way I see it in very simple terms is not that we cause bad stuff to happen per se but our fears can open up a door in our lives to the devil who then can run rampage and he causes the bad stuff. Maybe that's simplistic and not very theologically deep but helps me understand that my overcoming fear will keep me protected from the devils schemes.

SOZO = salvation, healing, restoration, prosperity, freedom! PTL!

Foadle

The simplicity is actually very helpful. Thank you

lovesblessing

I have been having to deal with some problems in my body the last few weeks and in talking with my best friend I said something about it being scary.....she said, fear is false evidence appearing real....it helped! 
F---False
E---Evidence
A---Appearing
R---Real

That is what symptons are, false evidence appearing real.  They are the devil screaming at his loudest to get our attention OFF of Jesus and back on ourselves.  To get our focus OFF of Jesus and His perfect finished work at the cross....that because of what Jesus did for us, because He loves us so much, no matter what the symptons and feelings are, this is truth.....by HIS stripes we ARE healed already.  God is not a liar, what Jesus did was so perfect, that God was able to raise Him from the dead and all of our sins, diseases and lack was put from us as far as the east is from the west when we accepted Jesus as our Saviour.  That is God's truth, no matter what it looks like, feels like or seems, what Jesus did is the answer to everything. 
Keeping our focus on Jesus and His goodness and grace and His love for us and all that He is and what we are because we are now IN HIM, is the answer.  The Holy Spirit in me has been telling me to keep confessing that Jesus is my righteousness, that I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus, over and over.....and you know, it helps alot!  Because it is all about Jesus and His love for me.....it is His faith that I live by now. :amen:
Faith is having a good opinion of God!

Foadle

Optimax

Quote from: lovesblessing on September 24, 2011, 03:04:13 pm
I have been having to deal with some problems in my body the last few weeks and in talking with my best friend I said something about it being scary.....she said, fear is false evidence appearing real....it helped! 
F---False
E---Evidence
A---Appearing
R---Real

That is what symptons are, false evidence appearing real.  They are the devil screaming at his loudest to get our attention OFF of Jesus and back on ourselves.  To get our focus OFF of Jesus and His perfect finished work at the cross....that because of what Jesus did for us, because He loves us so much, no matter what the symptons and feelings are, this is truth.....by HIS stripes we ARE healed already.  God is not a liar, what Jesus did was so perfect, that God was able to raise Him from the dead and all of our sins, diseases and lack was put from us as far as the east is from the west when we accepted Jesus as our Saviour.  That is God's truth, no matter what it looks like, feels like or seems, what Jesus did is the answer to everything. 
Keeping our focus on Jesus and His goodness and grace and His love for us and all that He is and what we are because we are now IN HIM, is the answer.  The Holy Spirit in me has been telling me to keep confessing that Jesus is my righteousness, that I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus, over and over.....and you know, it helps alot!  Because it is all about Jesus and His love for me.....it is His faith that I live by now. :amen:

:amen:    :amen:    :amen:

DiscipleWhomJesusLoves

Just another thing to add.

We seem to have more faith in the devil bringing to pass our fear than in Jesus bringing to pass our faith for a miracle.

Why is that, I wonder--human nature I guess.

So don't be so quick to believe that something you fear will happen, as if your fear has so much negative power, as if the devil is so powerful.

Be more quick, instead, to believe that the mustard seed faith you have will cause your miracle to happen, as if your faith has such positive power, because Jesus is infinitely more powerful than the devil!

sharonl

Great teachings here by all - thanks :amen: :amen: :amen: :amen:
Diamonds From Heaven - help for the hurting heart
http://gentle.org/sites/diamonds/
Beautiful gifts - the men love them http://chopsknives.com