• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
July 18, 2019, 09:36:38 pm

The falling away

Started by AudioArtist, September 06, 2011, 04:11:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jiminpa

Quote from: davemcclean on February 12, 2012, 07:13:50 pm
Sorry I'm still lost here....who has said it's about us? And when did anyone say that the day or hour has not been set? Unless of course you're referring to that other heresy that says Jesus can't come back until the bride "makes herself ready".
Then don't worry about it.  I may have misunderstood someone else's posts. 
I used to worry and stress and strive to "do my part," never believing that I had done enough of "my part."  Now I see my part as casting it off on Him, doing what I believe He is giving me, and letting it just be His problem.  I don't have to fix everything, but I get to work along side of God.

DiscipleHeLovesToo

ok, i admit it, it was probably me - i tend (not certain though) to believe the Lord will come when the Body of Christ is walking in the authority He purchased for us.  this doesn't mean that there won't be many who call themselves Christians who aren't walking in that authority then.

but since i'm focused on getting through today without giving the devil any of my authority to use against me, i don't meditate on the 'end times' that much - after all, they won't be the 'end times' for me if i don't 'cast away my confidence'!!!

Matthew 6:31-34 KJVR
(31) Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
(32) (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
(33) But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
(34) Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

GLY!!!
Joh 17:3  And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

DiscipleWhomJesusLoves

If amuses me that Christians can be so negative as to believe that the church will fall away in a big way before the return of Christ. They have so much faith in the devil and so little faith in the Holy Spirit. Gosh wake up!

davemcclean

February 21, 2012, 05:42:39 am #23 Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 08:37:49 am by davemcclean
Quote from: DiscipleWhomJesusLoves on February 20, 2012, 10:49:55 pm
If amuses me that Christians can be so negative as to believe that the church will fall away in a big way before the return of Christ. They have so much faith in the devil and so little faith in the Holy Spirit. Gosh wake up!

EDIT @ 1.36PM : PS The following sounds harsh but it's not meant to be!  :hug:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NO brother - I believe God's Word! For me it's as plain as the nose on my face.

I'd rather be wrong my way - telling people they need to prepare - and find I'm wrong than saying to everyone "Don't worry Jesus is gonna take you away" and find out He doesn't.

Here's just a simple example for you : (like I said I challenge ANYONE on ANY forum in ANY church to prove from the bible without twisting scripture and drawing vague references and conclusions that the rapture is Biblical. You can't because it's a deception end of story.)

Revelation says this :
Rev 7:13  And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
Rev 7:14  And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Now "Rapture" people will tell you these are the Jews - at least that's what I was told as a child in the Brethern. Yet the SAME PEOPLE will say :

2Th 2:7  For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
2Th 2:8  And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

...This means that the Holy Spirit is holding back the Antichrist until Jesus comes back and the believers leave along with the Spirit. So far so good.

Here's the problem....how can people get saved in the tribulation when there's NO HOLY SPIRIT to convict them since it's HIS job? What are we now twisting scripture to the point where we say that in the tribulation people will suddenly repent when for 2000 years they've needed the Holy Spirit?

Come on! This is the sort of twisting of scripture that EVERY person who believes in the rapture HAS TO DO with verse after verse to make it fit.

Not me thanks - I'll stick with the plain words. It PLAINLY says these must be Christians who are saved with the convicting of the Spirit therefore it's NORMAL CHRISTIANS LIKE YOU AND I.

AS I said before the vast majority of church history takes the position of NO PRE TRIB rapture as well....

DiscipleHeLovesToo

stop tip-toeing around Dave; tell us what you REALLY think :)

maybe the DiscipleWhomJesusLoves wasn't talking about the rapture (although it could be i sense this in error because i LOVE his forum name  :hugegrin: )

DiscipleWhomJesusLoves - give us some scripture to clarify your views

GLY!!!

Joh 17:3  And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

davemcclean

Quote from: DiscipleHeLovesToo on February 21, 2012, 07:32:37 pm
stop tip-toeing around Dave; tell us what you REALLY think :)

maybe the DiscipleWhomJesusLoves wasn't talking about the rapture (although it could be i sense this in error because i LOVE his forum name  :hugegrin: )

DiscipleWhomJesusLoves - give us some scripture to clarify your views

GLY!!!

LOLOL I've just realised the similar names! Maybe you've 2 similar logins and post differing views just to keep us on our toes! HAHAHAHA

DiscipleHeLovesToo

lismore

Quote from: DiscipleWhomJesusLoves on February 20, 2012, 10:49:55 pm

Hello there :)

It has already happened this falling away.  Sadly a walk round my city to see the number of churches closed up would convince you of that!

Here's one where there was a mighty revival in the 1830s with thousands of people getting saved.  Now the building sits empty:

http://www.buildingsatrisk.org.uk/BAR/detail.aspx?sctID=1384&region=Dundee&div=&class=ALL&category=AT%20RISK&Page=8&NumImg=5

At one time the whole street was thronged with people on their knees, five thousand sometimes, crying out to get right with God.   In the end you could have fitted the congregation in a phone booth. 

:)