• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Doctor Told my hubby something interesting...

Started by Rachel Faith, August 28, 2011, 01:38:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rachel Faith

Okay so for the past year and a half, I have just been struggling with one thing or another with my back. First it was my shoulder. I have an old muscle tear that keeps tearing over and over again. Then my mom moved in with us in November. The shoulder thing started again. So I go to the dr. I get put on muscle relaxers and pain killers. They ended up giving me severe vertigo. So I stopped taking them. The vertigo went away. Then we kicked my mom out in April. Then she has her psychotic episode and we have her committed. Now I have two herniated disks in my back. Now I am back on muscle relaxers and pain killers. Add on to all of that that we have been trying to get pregnant, and been unsuccessful.


So hubby is over there at the drs office doing computer work and my dr seems to think that once we move to Beaumont next weekend, that all of these problems are going away. He (in effect) told him that Nacogdoches is killing me.

I'm interested to hear all y'alls take on this...
Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8

sharonl

Stress affects the body in many ways - I had it explained to me by taking a rubber band and stretch it to its max and hold it there for awhile - when you let it go - it is never the same - weaker all the way around.  That's what happens to our muscles.

This past 2 years I've had stress big time and my health shows it - back problems, shoulder problems, heart problems, etc. It is all contributed to stress.

You've had your share of stress - prayfully after you get moved and settle down some - you will show signs of improvement.
Diamonds From Heaven - help for the hurting heart
http://gentle.org/sites/diamonds/
Beautiful gifts - the men love them http://chopsknives.com

Optimax

I have seen in my two brother in laws life that when they live in another town other than where they were raised they their lives are much better. In the past when they moved back to the ole home town certain problems started  up again in their lives again.
When they moved away again to a different location things were better for them.

I am not saying that if there are problems in our lives that all we have to do is move and they will go away. The problem with "our" problems are that wherever we are, we are there. The location does not solve all the problems.

But what a location change can do is it offers the opportunity for change. A new place gives new opportunities a chance.
We are suddenly when we are finally on our way "leaving" those things behind us that some to be so stubbornly attached to us through habits, friendships, and actions that are attached to that place.

It is sometimes like, as the old place become distant in the rear view mirror, as if all those things are now "back there".

The slate is clean, we can build a new life separate from all that.

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Joh 17:3  And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Rachel Faith

Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8

DiscipleWhomJesusLoves

If the place you are living in is stressing you out and the symptoms are stress induced, then yes, moving to somewhere less stressful may help.

But I'm not quite sure how a torn muscle will heal just by you moving to another town. Perhaps, with less strenuous/stressful activities there and more rest, it will heal better and faster, and stay healed.

Rachel Faith

Well, I have two herniated disks. One in my neck and one in my lower back. My muscles are tense and spasming because they keep pulling in different directions to try to adjust. But he thinks that once I relax that everything will go back into place.
Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8

pastorzzub


DiscipleHeLovesToo

Pastorzzub's right; receiving healing from God is effortless - the real work is dealing with unbelief. 

unbelief comes in several forms:
- there is natural unbelief (your body is telling you it isn't healed by speaking through pain, inability to do something a healthy person can, etc.),
- learned unbelief (wrong teaching you've been subjected to such as that sometimes God may choose not to heal),
- and there's willful unbelief (simply deciding that the word of God is incorrect)

unbelief counters faith (belief), and the balance between the two is what determines if, when,  and how effectively you receive healing.

Keith Moore coined the term "displacement theory" which is the process of replacing unbelief with faith (belief) based on God's promises.  he uses this example:

if you take a glass of milk, and place it in the kitchen sink under the faucet, and turn the water on; as the water overflows the glass the milk will be gradually displaced by water.  the faster the water flows in, the faster the liquid in the glass will become clear as the water displaces more and more of the milk.

early this past spring, they put up posters all over the office at work warning about the dangers of tick bites, and how to tell if you've got some terrible tick-born disease if you have been bitten.  not long after that, a tick bit me; the bite festered, i started having symptoms such as sinus drainage, fatigue, etc.  one night i got so sick i began to tremble uncontrollably; i was literally paralyzed.  then i heard that still small voice ask 'how long are you going to put up with this?'  it took all my strength to stop trembling long enough to say 'get out' - and i stopped trembling and went to bed.

i had been listening to teachings on prosperity; but that nite i realized that what i needed to hear was about healing - to displace the unbelief in my mind that had let that tick bite and those posters tempt me to believe i had some terrible tick-born disease.  no matter how long i walk in divine health, or how great the illnesses are that i've overcome in the past, the world is constantly pumping unbelief in my mind - if i don't meditate on God's promises of divne health on a regular basis, this unbelief can result in sickness.

so, i loaded the teaching I recommended above in my mp3 player and started pumping faith for healing into my ears.  the series above is 30 some hours long.  i'm on my 6th or 7th pass listening to it, and i'm almost back to normal.

give this a try; it's a lot cheaper than doctors and medicine (the teachings are free to download and a sansa clip mp3 player is less than $50 depending on how much memory comes with it) - and MUCH more effective.

GLY!!!
Joh 17:3  And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Rachel Faith

Honestly, I've never really thought about like "healing". I mean I pray for others to be healed all the time. I just never thought about it for myself. Guess I'll have to do some research.
Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8

DiscipleWhomJesusLoves

Quote from: DiscipleHeLovesToo on September 02, 2011, 10:13:26 pm
Pastorzzub's right; receiving healing from God is effortless - the real work is dealing with unbelief. 

unbelief comes in several forms:
- there is natural unbelief (your body is telling you it isn't healed by speaking through pain, inability to do something a healthy person can, etc.),
- learned unbelief (wrong teaching you've been subjected to such as that sometimes God may choose not to heal),
- and there's willful unbelief (simply deciding that the word of God is incorrect)

unbelief counters faith (belief), and the balance between the two is what determines if, when,  and how effectively you receive healing.

Keith Moore coined the term "displacement theory" which is the process of replacing unbelief with faith (belief) based on God's promises.  he uses this example:

if you take a glass of milk, and place it in the kitchen sink under the faucet, and turn the water on; as the water overflows the glass the milk will be gradually displaced by water.  the faster the water flows in, the faster the liquid in the glass will become clear as the water displaces more and more of the milk.

early this past spring, they put up posters all over the office at work warning about the dangers of tick bites, and how to tell if you've got some terrible tick-born disease if you have been bitten.  not long after that, a tick bit me; the bite festered, i started having symptoms such as sinus drainage, fatigue, etc.  one night i got so sick i began to tremble uncontrollably; i was literally paralyzed.  then i heard that still small voice ask 'how long are you going to put up with this?'  it took all my strength to stop trembling long enough to say 'get out' - and i stopped trembling and went to bed.

i had been listening to teachings on prosperity; but that nite i realized that what i needed to hear was about healing - to displace the unbelief in my mind that had let that tick bite and those posters tempt me to believe i had some terrible tick-born disease.  no matter how long i walk in divine health, or how great the illnesses are that i've overcome in the past, the world is constantly pumping unbelief in my mind - if i don't meditate on God's promises of divne health on a regular basis, this unbelief can result in sickness.

so, i loaded the teaching I recommended above in my mp3 player and started pumping faith for healing into my ears.  the series above is 30 some hours long.  i'm on my 6th or 7th pass listening to it, and i'm almost back to normal.

give this a try; it's a lot cheaper than doctors and medicine (the teachings are free to download and a sansa clip mp3 player is less than $50 depending on how much memory comes with it) - and MUCH more effective.

GLY!!!


Don't mean to derail this thread, but that's v interesting.

I heard Andrew Wommack teach something along the same lines too.

He asked why the disciples couldn't cast the demon out of the boy. They had the authority from Jesus and even previous experience/successes. And they had the faith, otherwise they wouldn't bother ministering to the kid.

So there was faith, yet no results.

And why did the father of the boy tell Jesus, "I believe, help my unbelief." If you believe, how can you have unbelief at the same time?

Andrew Wommack explained it by saying that not having faith and unbelief are not the same thing. ie. you can have faith and yet unbelief working against your faith (or displacing your faith as you said) at the same time.

To him unbelief comes from feeding our minds with the junk of the world -- what we read, hear, see etc that is of the world that just corrupts our mind.

So the amount of unbelief you have will work against/displace the faith that you have (and all of us have been given a measure of faith).

The solution then, is to watch what you read, hear or see from the world or to just not expose yourself to such things.

pastorzzub

I have found preaching in Pentecostal churches about healing you don't need to preach on healing because most of them know "By His stripes you are healed", but you need to preach against doctrines such as you need to keep the law to be blessed, generational curses, the need to give to get a miracle.  Once you kick all that in, healing is easy.

I preached at a conference recently of four different churches, I ministered for two hours and most of that was proving the idea of generational curses was wrong.  Turns out most people in the room believed they were sick due to legalism and curses.  Charismatic witchcraft I call it.  At the end of the message everyone in the room (about 100 people in the room, not sure how many sick, guessing 20+) who was sick was completely healed, including a woman who hadn't walked without crutches for years.

I concur 100% with Keith and Andrew (I normally do, they are my two favourite preachers).

Rachel, I do a whole series on healing.  It is free and online at:

http://treeoflifelondon.weebly.com/healing-sermons.html

There are some study notes as well.  Hope it helps.

Blessings,
Ben

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Quote from: DiscipleWhomJesusLoves on September 03, 2011, 12:33:07 am
The solution then, is to watch what you read, hear or see from the world or to just not expose yourself to such things.



i think we're on the same track; i'd say it this way though:

faith (belief) comes by hearing the word of God, and unbelief comes by hearing what argues with the word of God.  the objective is not to focus on missing the lies, but to focus on hearing the truth instead - 'replacement theory'  :)

i heard a preacher say it this way:

a man is like a water jug with a bunch of holes in it.  you can pour water in such a jug continuously, but if the rate of water pouring in is less than the rate of water leaking out, the jug will always be empty in spite of the fact that you're continuously pouring water in it. 

but if you'll pump water into the jug under enough pressure to cause the rate of water pumped in to exceed the rate of water leaking out, eventually the jug will fill up - and you'll know it's full when it starts gushing out of its mouth.

hearing God's word taught in a way that renders it powerless is just another form of unbelief; hearing that God may sometimes choose not to heal, for example - you have to hear it preached in faith in order for it to reduce your unbelief.

so if you want to be full of the power of God's word, pump it into your ears and eyes instead of what the world is saying that goes against the word of God - you'll know when you're full of the power of the word of God when scripture starts gushing out of your mouth. 

think about how much time it takes to go to the doctor.  you make the appointment, get ready and drive there, usually sit in the waiting room for a time, then the examination room, then meet with the doctor who usually prescribes medication.  so you go to the drug store and wait for the prescription to be filled.  once home, you focus (meditate) on taking your medicine (usually several times a day) and watch for side effects.

in order to overcome all of that unbelief (which argues with the scripture that 'by His stripes you were healed '), you need to give at least that much time to meditating on God's promises of divine health, and then some.

on the other hand, if you start focusing on God's word about healing when symptoms of sickness start, if you put the time that you would normally spend with doctors, drug stores, and medicines into good teaching about healing through God's word instead, you'll not only cut way down on the flow of unbelief into your mind, but you'll be replacing what's accumulated there with the power of the word of God.

and you'll also be saving a ton of money - walking in divine health is a key to prosperity in today's world.

our current health care system in the US is becoming more and more of a trap.  i know a Brother who has seen spectacular healing by focusing on God's word about healing.  he had a bad headache a few months ago, and his wife (who works in health care) prodded him until he yielded and went to the emergency room.  they diagnosed him as having suffered a major stroke, but he knew this was not true (he had purified his faith through focusing on God's word about healing, and wasn't suffering any mental side effects).  the folks at the hospital told him that if he didn't take the medication they prescribed and agree to go to a neurosurgeon, the insurance company would not pay their part of the hospital bill - which was already up to around $11,000.00 in just one afternoon at the emergency room, so he agreed to go and got the prescriptions filled (although he took none).  a few days later at the neurosurgeon's office, he was told that about one third of his brain had died.  he refused to believe this and began to question the neurosurgeon, who eventually admitted that the tests had actually revealed a fold in his brain that most people didn't have, and that while this was typical of people who had suffered a major stroke, it did not prove that one third of his brain was dead.  after more tests, the neurosurgeon eventually declared him to be perfectly fine - and no further treatment was prescribed - initially they told him that he would have to take medications for the rest of his life.  he later told me that he felt a strong 'check' about going to the emergency room to begin with, but yielded to his wife's urging in order to prove to her that he was fine. 

this is not to say that doctors are all bad or that God will never lead you to go to one - if it wasn't for doctors i probably would not have survived long enough to know that 'by His stripes i was healed'  :) .  if you feel led to go to the doctor and then to take their treatment - by all means do so - but give God equal time - if you spend a day at the doctor's office and drug store, spend a day and more focusing on God's word about healing.

Keith Moore was in charge of Kenneth Hagin's 'healing school' for 13 years; he preached twice a day to people who were so bad off the medical industry had given up on them - and he saw countless supernatural healings (and a few were also spectacular), so he's a good teacher on this subject.

GLY!!!
Joh 17:3  And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Rachel Faith

The most interesting thing is that my lower back doesn't hurt at all. It hasn't since we got down here. If you remember, I had a slipped disc in my lower back and neck. Now my shoulder still hurts but that is from an injury years ago. It won't fix itself because it's a muscle tear in my shoulder muscle (trapezoid).

Guess he was kinda right.
Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8

pastorzzub

I believe God is healing your shoulder right now.

DiscipleWhomJesusLoves

So you are Ps Benjamin Conway!

I've downloaded your whole series on healing and was just listening to one of them last nite!

Loved the one on "By His Stripe (singular) You Are Healed"!

My only -ve comment is that for such good sermons, the audio quality doesn't do them justice!
Part II audio on how to minister to the sick was also missing :)


Quote from: pastorzzub on September 03, 2011, 03:51:28 am
I have found preaching in Pentecostal churches about healing you don't need to preach on healing because most of them know "By His stripes you are healed", but you need to preach against doctrines such as you need to keep the law to be blessed, generational curses, the need to give to get a miracle.  Once you kick all that in, healing is easy.

I preached at a conference recently of four different churches, I ministered for two hours and most of that was proving the idea of generational curses was wrong.  Turns out most people in the room believed they were sick due to legalism and curses.  Charismatic witchcraft I call it.  At the end of the message everyone in the room (about 100 people in the room, not sure how many sick, guessing 20+) who was sick was completely healed, including a woman who hadn't walked without crutches for years.

I concur 100% with Keith and Andrew (I normally do, they are my two favourite preachers).

Rachel, I do a whole series on healing.  It is free and online at:

http://treeoflifelondon.weebly.com/healing-sermons.html

There are some study notes as well.  Hope it helps.

Blessings,
Ben

pastorzzub

Buying decent recording equipment is on my list of things to do! I assure you.

I am about to record 12 programmes on broadcast quality in a studio called "OUT OF RELIGION, INTO RELATIONSHIP".    They will go on the website, and will make up for the poor quality recording...

Blessings,
Ben