Getting to Know you...Getting to Know All About You!

Started by Hisgirl, August 22, 2008, 11:05:14 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Child of JC

1. Name the countries or states you have lived in: Canada, Ontario.

2. Name five foods that have to be in heaven or it won't be heaven. Tacos, Grapes, Tomatoes, Garlic Bread, Popcorn

3. Name three people from anytime in history you would invite to dinner. Jesus, Moses, Abraham's wife Sarah

4. What would you serve at the above dinner? Potluck

5. What are your top three favorite movies?1. Forest Gump 2. Dirty Dancing 3. Little Mermaid

6. What was your most embarrassing moment? When I think I'm "all that" only to find out I'm the only one who thinks so!

7. Are you happy or satisfied? Happy but not satisfied. Lord I want more of YOU.

8. Name three places you'd like to go. Italy, Austria, Greece

9. What kind of vehicle do you drive? Hyundi Santa Fe 2008

10. What are your three favorite drinks? Bottled water, Coffee, (Canadian) Iced Tea

11.  Do you live with people or pets and describe each. Best Husband in the world, 13 year old Daughter Mystie, 8 year old Daughter, Sarah, Precious the cat, and John-Dog (J.D.) our beagle

12.  Describe the type of work you do. House wife/mom with a whole whack of volunteering in-between

13.  Who is your favorite cartoon character? Alvin the Chipmunk
♥ Created to Love and be Loved ♥

Yitzchak

June 03, 2011, 05:38:47 AM #101 Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 05:50:50 AM by Yitzchak
Quote from: Hisgirl on August 22, 2008, 11:05:14 AM

1. Name the countries or states you have lived in:

United States , Canada , Greece, Cyprus , Spain , Maryland , Pennsylvania , Texas.

2. Name five foods that have to be in heaven or it won't be heaven.

Pizza , subway subs , falafel , donairs , chocolate chip cookies.

3. Name three people from anytime in history you would invite to dinner.

Moses , King David , Elijah

4. What would you serve at the above dinner?

Falafel pitas and some kind of desert.

5. What are your top three favorite movies?

Rocky , Back to the future ,  Sister Act.

6. What was your most embarassing moment?

Not sure

7. Are you happy or satisfied?

Happy

8. Name three places you'd like to go.

Israel , Alaska , England.

9. What kind of vehicle do you drive?

None

10. What are your three favorite drinks?

Pepsi , Green tea Lemonade ( starbucks ) , White grape juice.

11.  Do you live with people or pets and describe each.

People.

12.  Describe the type of work you do.

Author.

13.  Who is your favorite cartoon character?

Not sure
To know him and to make him known

Pete

Wow!  It's been a long time since anyone has posted on this thread.

Glad you found your way back.  :)

O0
"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

he4rty

UK, Bedfordshire

Pizza, Pasta, Ice Cream, Choclate, Gammon.

Jesus, Grandad (Mum's Side), Andrew Wommack

Soup to Start, Something and Chips, Ice Cream followed with Coffee Floaters.

Back to the Future, O Brother where art thou, Wonderful Life

I have had to many,

Neither but would say I'm OK.

Scotland, New Zealand, US.

Daewoo Lacette

Coffee, Coke, Blackcurrant and Apple Squash.

Both Somtimes, I'm divorced but my kids do come and stay. I have a Step Daughter whose 19 and at Uni, So don't see much of her at the momment and a Son (Nathanael) whose 13 and does still come round regulary. Also you'll find a cat hiding about the house somewhere.

Maintenance fitter a the local car plant, work permenant nights, and just started my eleventh year on nights also just celebrated 25yrs service with the company.

Droppy

Inzl Kett

July 30, 2011, 01:00:10 PM #104 Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 11:29:19 PM by Inzl Kett
California, Washington, Colorado, Nebraska, Minnesota

2. Name five foods that have to be in heaven or it won't be heaven.  Food that won't be there:  a. Liver and onions

b. Bratwurst  c. Hamburger Helper. d. Sloppy Joes e. Tater Tots.
3. Name three people from anytime in history you would invite to dinner. a.  Jesus, b. My Grandma c. my Mom

4. What would you serve at the above dinner?  T bone steak, Baked potato and broccoli.   Mint in Chip ice cream for dessert.

5. What are your top three favorite movies?  Gettysburg, Pride and Prejudice (BBC version)  Tora, Tora, Tora.

I was a nine year old kid in church.  I was very gassy in a noisy way.  It was so loud the preacher paused in his preaching.  My parents were afraid to admit I was their kid.

7. Are you happy or satisfied?  Happy

8. Name three places you'd like to go.  Israel,  Scotland, Alaska

9. What kind of vehicle do you drive?  Chrysler Pacifica

10. What are your three favorite drinks?  Coffee-black  Green - tea unsweetened,  Diet coke.

11.  Do you live with people or pets and describe each.  My husband - gentle, affectionate, young looking for his age but balding.  His eyes are a color of the sky.

12.  Describe the type of work you do.  Retired US Navy.  I now volunteer drive for a disable truck driver and his wife.  The man is missing a leg and gets around in a motorized chair.  The chair is too big to fit behind the steering wheel of a car or van.  So he needs a driver.

13.  Who is your favorite cartoon character?  Mater, the Tow Truck from Cars.
A firm believer in God's Word.  A skeptic on everything else.

Sarah

Pride and Prejudice!  Woot!   O0
Thank you for serving us and giving your life to care our country.  :hug:
Embraced by the loving arms of the Father....

Inzl Kett

The BBC version is a long film but it is true to the book.  The newer film isn't as good.

Sarah

A certain sweet lady got me the '95 version with Colin Firth.  :adore:  It's such a good miniseries.  :hugegrin:
Much love to my dear friend.   :hug:
Embraced by the loving arms of the Father....

Inzl Kett

That's the version I am talking about.  I love Colin Firth's depiction of Darcy

Daughter of the King

Just realised that I have never done this and so thought I might give it a go now - better late than never!

Scotland
2. Name five foods that have to be in heaven or it won't be heaven.  Crisps, Chocolate, Mexican, Mashed potato and gravy, Chinese   3. Name three people from anytime in history you would invite to dinner. My son and daughter as adults so they could advise me what mistakes not to make, Jesus.   4. What would you serve at the above dinner? I would order in so I didn't have to worry about cooking.  Probably Chinese.   5. What are your top three favorite movies?  Divine Secrets of the YaYa Sisterhood, The Lion King, The Firm.   6. What was your most embarassing moment?
Walking in on a male work colleague at the toilet!   7. Are you happy or satisfied? Not sure I'm either right now!
8. Name three places you'd like to go.  California, Japan, Brazil.
9. What kind of vehicle do you drive?  Nissan Note
10. What are your three favorite drinks?  Irn Bru, Cherry Coke, Fanta (not the Us version but the UK one that has orange juice in it!)   11.  Do you live with people or pets and describe each.  Husband - teacher, Son -8, Daughter -5.  No pets for me!   12.  Describe the type of work you do.  Admin worker for a local charity that works with people with learning disabilities.
13.  Who is your favorite cartoon character?  Simba

SOZO = salvation, healing, restoration, prosperity, freedom! PTL!

Inzl Kett

"Walking in on a male work colleague at the toilet!"  That's as bad as flatulating loudly during the Sunday sermon.

Daughter of the King

In my defence he hadn't locked the door and he had said he was leaving the office to go for a meeting so I thought he had left the building!

SOZO = salvation, healing, restoration, prosperity, freedom! PTL!

RunawayTrain

England, Poland and Botswana. Not necessarily in that order.

Cucumber, Avocado and Mango.

Jesus (like everyone else), Friedrich Schleiermacher and C.S. Lewis.

I would need to think about this for a long, long time! Finding something appropriate would be difficult  :hugegrin:.

Stardust, The Butterfly Effect, and Donnie Darko.

Quite possibly going to walk down the stairs of a coach full of Brownies (I was their guider...) and falling face first onto the pavement!

Happy, unfortunately satisfied.

South Africa, Australia and Jordan.

I don't  :-\.

Water, Innocent Smoothie Kiwi Apples and Lime, pomegranate juice.

I live with people! Two "giants" - M, a 5'10 Norwegian studying primary education and H, a 5'11 Cumbrian studying animal conservation science. I'm not short, but they make me feel it, especially when i'm in my flats and they're donning 5" heels! Love them both though, even if they're terrible for my diet with their fondness for take-out and movie marathons!

At the moment i'm a student who doesn't work ... not just yet. I used to work as a checkout operator, spending most of my days either in the food market or at the petrol station wishing people a good day - basically being that really annoying smiley, overly chatty person who insists on making small talk whilst swiping your card and scanning in your nibbles.

The Funky Phantom!

Supplanter

RunawayTrain

He was a character from the show of the same name, produced by Hanna-Barbera

Gig

1. Name the countries or states you have lived in: Canada, Newfoundland and Nova Scotia.

2. Name five foods that have to be in heaven or it won't be heaven. Tacos, Grapes, Pizza, Garlic Bread, chocolate

3. Name three people from anytime in history you would invite to dinner.  Not sure

4. What would you serve at the above dinner? Potluck

5. What are your top three favorite movies?1. Pirates of the Caribbean  2. Alice in Wonderland 3. Death Note

6. What was your most embarrassing moment? Not sure

7. Are you happy or satisfied? Happy

8. Name three places you'd like to go. Italy, Hawaii,

9. What kind of vehicle do you drive? Caravan

10. What are your three favorite drinks? Bottled water, Coffee, (Canadian) Iced Tea

11.  Do you live with people or pets and describe each. Best Husband in the world, 17 year old Daughter

12.  Describe the type of work you do. House wife

13.  Who is your favorite cartoon character? L - Death Note

flaglady

I like potluck too, Gig. Can I come to dinner? :tt2:

DianeL

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. John 13

Go Up