• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
February 16, 2020, 03:27:47 pm

What cha think?

Started by JohnDB, August 01, 2011, 10:10:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnDB

Ex 32:27 Then he said to them, "This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: 'Each man strap a sword to his side. Go back and forth through the camp from one end to the other, each killing his brother and friend and neighbor.' "
Ex 32:28 The Levites did as Moses commanded, and that day about three thousand of the people died.

Ac 2:41 Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.

2Co 3:6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant --not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
2Co 3:7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, fading though it was,
2Co 3:8 will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious?
2Co 3:9 If the ministry that condemns men is glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness!

Here ya go...three sets of scripture....and I am gluing them together. Whatcha think about that?
I wanna die like grandpa, peacefully and in his sleep. Not like the passengers in his car...they were all screaming and panicking.

lovesblessing

On the day the law was given, 3,000 people died

On the day the Holy Spirit was given, 3,000 people were born again into new life

The law kills, but the Spirit gives life!  ;)
Faith is having a good opinion of God!

jiminpa

It says to me that there is life in following God and death in rebellion. 
I used to worry and stress and strive to "do my part," never believing that I had done enough of "my part."  Now I see my part as casting it off on Him, doing what I believe He is giving me, and letting it just be His problem.  I don't have to fix everything, but I get to work along side of God.

JTM³

We have a new and better Covenant! :tt2:

[spoiler]

Job got HEALED, and YOU can be too!!

Pro tip: Read to the END of the book. Not just man's ideas. They're usually wrong. =P

Jesus = The revealed will of God for all people for all time.
[/spoiler]

DiscipleWhomJesusLoves

Quote from: JohnDB on August 01, 2011, 10:10:39 am
Ex 32:27 Then he said to them, "This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: 'Each man strap a sword to his side. Go back and forth through the camp from one end to the other, each killing his brother and friend and neighbor.' "
Ex 32:28 The Levites did as Moses commanded, and that day about three thousand of the people died.

Ac 2:41 Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.

2Co 3:6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant --not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
2Co 3:7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, fading though it was,
2Co 3:8 will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious?
2Co 3:9 If the ministry that condemns men is glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness!

Here ya go...three sets of scripture....and I am gluing them together. Whatcha think about that?

That's what my Pastor has been preaching all these years. The law kills, the Spirit gives life.

It's all law vs grace, old cov vs new cov, flesh vs Spirit, works vs faith, old wineskin vs new wineskin... etc -- the key to unlocking the Scriptures.

JTM³

Just throwing this out there;

Almost 3,000 were killed in the 9/11 attacks....

I wonder if that's prophetic?

If you watch Perry Stone he believes America follows the spritual pattern of Israel and the political pattern of Egypt. A little too complicated to explain here but fascinating nonetheless.

[spoiler]

Job got HEALED, and YOU can be too!!

Pro tip: Read to the END of the book. Not just man's ideas. They're usually wrong. =P

Jesus = The revealed will of God for all people for all time.
[/spoiler]

pastorzzub

Law vs grace.  Grace has already won.
Old Covenant vs New Covenant.  New has already one.

It's a done deal.

Optimax

The World, and that unfortunately includes the US is following "lawlessness". We have see it manifesting strong in the UK recently with the riots.

We see it in every country being led by Islam.

The US is slower to manifest it as fully as some to date, but the seeds are here as well as the fruit.

Lawlessness will continue to increase until

2 Thess 2:6-7
6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
KJV

pastorzzub

And I have 5 short words for when that happens:

see you in the air