Forum color choice. Make it stick!

Started by Pete, July 01, 2011, 11:40:47 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Pete

I've had some complaints that the forum color keeps reverting back to the default blue.  That's because if you select your color from the color chooser in the upper right of the forum, it only temporarily changes the color for that browser session.

To PERMANENTLY change your theme color so that it always opens with your preferred color choice, under Profile go to Modify Profile -> Look and Layout.  Then under Current Theme click the (change) link.

Or, click this link;  ;)
http://www.hisgraceoasis.com/theme/?sa=pick

Then, under Forum or Board Default on the Select Variant drop down box, choose the color you want to use and click the [Use this theme] link.  This will set your default theme color.  You may still use the color picker in the upper right to change the theme color temporarily if you like, but when you close and reopen the browser, it should always revert back to your preferred color choice instead of the forum's blue (aquamarine) default.

O0
"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

Rachel Faith

Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8

lovesblessing

Well, now.....that is more like it!  Sticky purple!  ;)

Thanks Mr. Pete! :hugegrin:
[COLOR=#7030a0][SIZE=5]Faith is having a good opinion of God! [/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=#7030a0][/COLOR][/FONT]
[IMG]http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z258/lovesblessing/JESUS20LOVES20DOVE.jpg[/img]

flaglady

Rachel Faith

Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8

Pete

So the obvious question... do my instructions above actually work?  :P

O0

flaglady

lovesblessing

It works when you change it from your forum profile......I tried the link you gave first, and it didn't stick when I shut down and restarted my laptop, but then I tried using my profile setting and it took!   Thank you.....I like the purple color!  ;)
[COLOR=#7030a0][SIZE=5]Faith is having a good opinion of God! [/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=#7030a0][/COLOR][/FONT]
[IMG]http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z258/lovesblessing/JESUS20LOVES20DOVE.jpg[/img]

Foadle

:tt2: yay.  Thanks Pete.  I'm with you Rachel.  I like the green

Foadle

Okay I thought my colour was sticking but it isn't...what am I doing wrong...Please Mr Pete, is there any way you can fix this for me because I am evidently doing something wrong but I am not sure what

Pete

Quote from: Foadle on July 27, 2011, 08:08:54 AM
Okay I thought my colour was sticking but it isn't...what am I doing wrong...Please Mr Pete, is there any way you can fix this for me because I am evidently doing something wrong but I am not sure what

I'm presuming you want green, based on your prior message.

Let me see if I can change it for you.

O0

Foadle

Thanks Pete  :hugegrin: .  Not sure what I was doing wrong but whatever you did fixed it

Pete

Quote from: Foadle on July 27, 2011, 04:01:38 PM
Thanks Pete  :hugegrin: .  Not sure what I was doing wrong but whatever you did fixed it

Happy I could help.  ;)

O0

Inzl Kett

I do like the look of this board.  It isn't overwhelming for the eyes.
A firm believer in God's Word.  A skeptic on everything else.

Go Up