• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Blame Game Doesn't Help Obese Patients

Started by Supplanter, June 30, 2011, 10:10:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Supplanter

As I am considered obese and have started going to the gym again this week, I thought this was a pertinent article. There are so many facets to how our bodies work and how people's bodies work differently. 

http://news.vanderbilt.edu/2011/06/blame-game-obesity/?utm_source=myvupreview&utm_medium=myvu_email&utm_campaign=myvupreview-2011-06-30

DianeL

Very interesting article, so many things we don't know yet.
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. John 13

pastorzzub

As someone who has lost 20 lb since he started dieting and still has 30 more to lose, it was my fault.  I was to blame.  No one forced me to be a glutton.

Today we have 6 or 7 chocolate biscuits on a plate left over from the bible study.  Normally over a day in the house I would eat all of those.  Today I threw them in the bin, they dont tempt me there.  It's going back to how badly we want something.

Supplanter

Well, zZub, we all have to take responsibility for ourselves, but I don't think it is right to assume people are total moral failures (not saying you do, but that is how many people do look at overweight people) because they are fat. Other things happen and from my persepctive if I didn't have God's healing over my body then I would still be exercising 3 hours a day and having to monitor every bite of food that goes into my mouth, number cruching everyday to make sure I was within my limited calorie range to see very limited results. That isn't freedom and it isn't what God wants for anyone, but being extremely overweight isn't freedom either. I'm still trying to find my path on thsi particular journey.

Rachel Faith

Blaming is never good. But for one to take responsibility for themselves, well I think that's always a good thing. I commend you zubby. Keep making good choices!
Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8