• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
July 15, 2019, 04:21:15 pm

Random Grace Blog

Started by Rachel Faith, June 15, 2011, 11:46:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rachel Faith

I've been married now 1 year and 16 days, and it has been an adventure. Last November, my mother (who I had been estranged from previously) moved in with us after we had been married for 7 months. This was not a wise decision on my part, but the Lord delivered us in April when she moved out. LOL. In this year I have been on a fast paced course in grace it seems; both in giving it and receiving it. See I like to describe my relationship with God as "at risk" meaning there is always a risk I'm going to go all redhead on Him and be stubborn, opinionated, bitter, petty and mad. It happens a lot. So one day, He sends the Holy Spirit to convict me of some things. Not receiving His love and grace was one of the things. The conversation went a bit like this:

God: Rachel, I love you no matter what. I have so much planned for you and Danny. Please let me in to heal your heart.

Me: God if you loved me, then why am I not pregnant yet? You let every other drug addict child abuser who doesn't even want kids have litters, and yet YOU won't even let me have one! I don't believe that you have the best in mind for me anymore and if you're going to punish me like this by depriving me of the one thing I desire, then I'm not sure I want to serve you.

God: What the hell are you talking about? (Yeah I'm pretty sure God talks like that...at least to me) I love you and if you would just trust me and wait until you're ready...I know the plans I have for you. They are freakin awesome! Just trust me...right now I want to heal THIS.

Me: I don't want you to heal that. That's mine! How dare you try to touch that! Don't you know you're not supposed to care about that part of me???

God: Don't you know that *I* created you? Who is the parent here? Really...

Me: Besides God...you cant heal that. Not that you don't want to, I'm just too bad. I went too far there. There isn't enough grace in the world to cover what I've done.

God: Oh really??? So you know that verse in Ephesians where it says "but grace was given to each one of us according to the measure of Christ's gift"?

Me: Yeah. What about it.

God: What was Christ's gift?

Me: Himself... on the cross

God: Right. Gold star for you...so how much you think His life was worth?

Me: um.......

God: SCORE! ME 1 you 0

So after I got back from the woodshed, I began to think and listen instead of telling Him how to do His job. Here's what I came up with: Grace is a gift from God determined by the amount (worth) of Christ's gift. His gift was His sacrifice (life) on the cross. What was (is) His life worth? THAT is the amount of grace we have. And that's just the beginning.

Now the law came in to increase the tresspass, but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more, so that, as sin reigned in death, grace also might reign through righteousness leading to eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 5:20-21

So what is grace? The freely given, unmerited favor and love of God. So not only is there this initial measure of grace given to everyone...there is also this grace that abounds when we fall down to make sure that God really does win. There is abundant grace so that Romans 8:1-2 can be a reality instead of just a fantasy....

There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. FOr the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death.   Romans 8:1-2

Now isn't it funny what we don't want to learn sometimes?
Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8

DianeL

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. John 13

Rachel Faith

Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8

lovesblessing

Miss Rachel, I found this testimony about a couple who wanted children and tried for a long time to have them......trust me, Father God answers prayers.....oh, and here's a piece of advice for you, because you are so frustrated about it......stop working at getting pregnant.....just relax and have fun enjoying each other..........being in love and loving.....the fruit will come.....by grace.... ;)
NCC Testimony Video - A Couple's Faith Journey

Faith is having a good opinion of God!

Sarah

Quote from: lovesblessing on June 22, 2011, 02:14:04 pm
Miss Rachel, I found this testimony about a couple who wanted children and tried for a long time to have them......trust me, Father God answers prayers.....oh, and here's a piece of advice for you, because you are so frustrated about it......stop working at getting pregnant.....just relax and have fun enjoying each other..........being in love and loving.....the fruit will come.....by grace.... ;)
NCC Testimony Video - A Couple's Faith Journey

Relaxing is great advise.   :amen:
Embraced by the loving arms of the Father....

Renee

Rachel we tried to have a baby for 11 yrs when we did he round up having a number of birth defects one of which life threatening.  You know the story of our Cecilman how he needed open heart and closed heart surgery. How we almost lost him numerous times. Take something from what I've learned through all of this. No matter what our eyes say there is nothing impossible for God. After 11 years we ended up with the biggest blessing we have ever had. Honey We get impatient and put a time limit on things please don't just trust. And you will receive the biggest blessing that could ever come your way
THE DEFINITION OF REVIVAL

1. Falling in love with Jesus all over again

2. Having the Joy of your salvation restored

Rachel Faith

Thanks for the encouragement. I"ve decided to focus on getting in shape to distract me. I've been looking for a job too. Everyone keeps telling me it will happen eventually. I'm just impatient. lol.