• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

How Jesus cared by not caring......

Started by lovesblessing, May 16, 2011, 09:41:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

lovesblessing

When I signed into facebook today, I found this post from Andrew and thought you would enjoy reading it too...... ;)

[/color][/size]Revelations From The Spirit: How Jesus Cared By Not Caring

by
Andrew Tan on Monday, May 16, 2011 at 5:45am

[/size][/size][/font][/color]
Mark 4:35-41
35 On the same day, when evening had come, He said to them, "Let us cross over to the other side."
36 Now when they had left the multitude, they took Him along in the boat as He was. And other little boats were also with Him.
37 And a great windstorm arose, and the waves beat into the boat, so that it was already filling.
38 But He was in the stern, asleep on a pillow. And they awoke Him and said to Him, "Teacher, do You not care that we are perishing?"
39 Then He arose and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, "Peace, be still!" And the wind ceased and there was a great calm.
40 But He said to them, "Why are you so fearful? How is it that you have no faith?"
</blockquote>
I'm familiar with this dramatic story, but for the first time, I realised that "other little boats were also with Him". So there were actually other boats around too, and the poor folks in these boats must also have been terrified by the devilish storm. But because Jesus was in the disciples' boat, when the miracle took place, the panicky folks in the other boats were also blessed and saved.
Others Get Blessed When God Blesses You
This is what I saw: Because Jesus is in your boat today, because Christ is in you, when He blesses you and brings calm into your situation, those around you will get blessed too. It's like when you pray for rain when there's a heat wave in Singapore and God answers, it won't just rain over your head. It will rain over various parts of Singapore, blessing others as well. Or, because you are a Christian, your unbelieving spouse and children are sanctified or blessed too, just because you are a believer.
Three 'Principles' For Supernatural Peace
Jesus was at the stern, that is, at the back of the boat, as opposed to the bow, the front of the boat. He was also asleep--on a pillow. The Amplified Bible says "leather cushion". That's interesting.
How did Jesus remain in such supernatural peace with even the ability to nap in midst of a crisis where many lives were at stake?
This is what I saw:
1. He was at the stern. This means that He wasn't at the front to see all that was going on. When you take a boat ride, where would you want to sit? Somewhere in front right? So that you can feel the wind in your face, see where you are going and get a good view of all the scenery that's up ahead. You can't see much from the back. My point is that when there is a crisis, stay at the "stern". Don't come up to the "bow" to look at all the bad things that are happening. Don't focus on all that's going on in the front, where all the action is. Don't try to figure out where you're headed. Stay behind at the stern, because that's where Jesus is. He's literally working behind the scenes, but by not working at all.
2. What do I mean, not working at all? He was asleep. That's a picture of rest. But what was His head resting on? A pillow or as the Amplified Bible says, a leather cushion. How do you get leather? From a dead bull. This speaks of the animal sacrifices in the Old Testament, which are pictures or foreshadows of Jesus' sacrifice at the cross. So how do we remain at peace in the midst of a crisis? By resting our heads--our tumultuous minds--on the finished work of Jesus at Calvary.
3. He didn't care. Well, not the way you and I would normally care. His disciples asked, "Don't You care that we are perishing?" The answer is yes and no. He didn't care by being at the "bow" of things, and worrying and focusing on all the bad things that were going on. He cared His way. He stayed behind the scenes, looked not at the negatives, and rested His mind on His finished work. That's how we are to "care". The best way we can care for ourselves and our loved ones when there's a storm is to take a retreat, turn our eyes away from the waves and winds, and fix our eyes on the Lord, resting our minds in His promises--"Let us cross over to the other side"--and His finished work.
The Answer To Fear And Lack Of Faith
At the end of the story, Jesus asked His disciples, "Why are you so fearful? How is it you have no faith?"
I believe that to not be fearful, it's best for us not to move to the bow to get front row seats to view the storm. Guard what you see and hear. Better still, don't even be in a place or position where you can be tempted.
As regards faith, how do we have faith or stay in faith? I believe that it is by resting our minds in the promises and finished work of Jesus. Go to sleep thinking about these things!
Faith is having a good opinion of God!

Daughter of the King

Thanks for sharing that! A lot of good thought provoking stuff.

SOZO = salvation, healing, restoration, prosperity, freedom! PTL!

The Lord is my banner

Yes, I saw that too - wonderful! 
I'd be curious to know how many folks, like me, had never noticed those other little boats before reading this.

DianeL

That was a good read, thanks for posting it. :)
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. John 13